Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

23 Seconds

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FreedomCaged
Observer
FreedomCaged

Current Win Points : 116

23 Seconds Empty
PostSubject: 23 Seconds   23 Seconds EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 6:41 pm

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this for blogs that aren't my own, but I couldn't find a thread already dedicated to it, and if the blogs creator or one of the admins want to lock this topic I won't complain. However I was obsessivly hunting for links that might lead me to new Slender blogs reading Something to Leave Behind and I stumbled across this blog. I don't know who the author(s) are (though I have my suspicions), but I found this blog to be an amazing experince.

Most blogs these days focus more on the story of the Slender Man than the origonal horror, the vlogs still toss in the ocasional good jump scare, and the blogs write in good creepy scene every now and then, but all in all very few actually maintain the consistiant level of horror that JAF or early Marble Hornets held. This isn't a bad thing, in fact its almost unaviodable with all of the interconectedness of the mythos, when you have veterans to guide you and safehouses to take you in it become more about the battle and less about the fear, and I think that's just the story evolving and growing. But 23 seconds is something we don't often get enough of in the mythos anymore: true horror. I'm not just talking about the paranioa inhearent in many of the blogs, I'm talking about guinene, insistant, I'm too scared to look away fear.

The blog starts off as an innocent college camping trip, with 49 students and their professor heading off into the woods together to study ecology. The beggining does a great job of having just enough foreshadowing to make it feel a little creepy without actually giving away the fact that everything is about to go horribly wrong. Then someone gets murdered, and things go downhill from there, people start disappearing, the whole camp starts feeling sick and paraniod, and when they finally try to get out the forest won't let them leave. These are the elements that allow this to be such a good blog, here is a group of 50 people, trapped in the woods, they can't run and they can't fight, they have none of the options of your usual huanted. Furthurmore this blog has a cast of 50 characters, and 7 or 8 solid narrators, this means that the are more than big enough to have several expendable crewmen yes I just linked you to my blog, but I'm just so excited that within a week of making up new names as a joke I actually find people that would fit some of my roles in their group. Slender Man isn't just a vaugely meanecing stalker with some physcotic humans doing his dirty work here, he's an actual honest to goodness threat, and a pretty consistian one at that, currently 23 members of the origonal expidition are still alive, and some of the deaths have actually included one or two of our main narrators.

Another great thing about this blog is its use of blood and gore. I am a firm beliver in the idea that blood does not equal horror, just spending a paragraph talking about how a random character was brutally murdered in graphic detail isn't scary. However, spending a paragraph talking about how your heros cut open a plastic bag and search trough it out of morbid couriousity, only to find and slowly pick out an article of clothing that proves that this person was in fact one of their friends, now ripped to peices beyond recognition is horror. So is having a narrator suddenly see all of his freinds greusomly deformed and dying, only to blink and return to normal life, things like this add so much tension and fear to the story that you can't help but let the imagary grip you.

Now I've probably already spoiled too much of the story for you, but its still there and still going on, you need to check out this awesome blog, it has recived no where near enough followers.
Back to top Go down
Lero
Anxious

Current Win Points : 12

23 Seconds Empty
PostSubject: Re: 23 Seconds   23 Seconds EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:04 pm

It is a good blog. I've been reading it for a while and was kind of disappointed when the writers let it slide in favor of a certain other blog. I especially liked the description of Slendy that I believe was given by Suze.
Back to top Go down
Spazz
Untainted

Current Win Points : 11

23 Seconds Empty
PostSubject: Re: 23 Seconds   23 Seconds EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:06 pm

... Whoa.
Um, Caged... I... don't really know what to say.
O.O
ohgodthankyousomuch <3
Back to top Go down
FreedomCaged
Observer
FreedomCaged

23 Seconds Empty
PostSubject: Re: 23 Seconds   23 Seconds EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:17 pm

No problem, it was a great horror blog. Hey now that its finished(?) do you mind if I write a short story from Lyle's perspective for a creative journal at my University? I saw it and really wanted to write a Slender story, and then I remembered this. I plan to make it as a statement collected from him after he is placed in a facility for the criminally insane after being discovered in the woods surrounded by the bodies of many of his classmates. If you're apposed I have other ideas, but I'd like to try my own spin on your work, and I'd gladly credit you.
Back to top Go down
Spazz
Untainted

Current Win Points : 11

23 Seconds Empty
PostSubject: Re: 23 Seconds   23 Seconds EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:26 pm

... Caged, I'd be completely honoured and pleased if that was the case! Though if we're talking credit, you'd have to include my co-writer, Quetz (if you chose to include it) c:

Excuse me while I go scream in excitement.
Back to top Go down
quetzalcoatl
Untainted
quetzalcoatl

23 Seconds Empty
PostSubject: Re: 23 Seconds   23 Seconds EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 5:37 pm

I agree. Caged, I'd be honoured if you'd like to give it a shot. <3 My only request is that I get to see it when it's finished.

And thank you so much for all the kind words~ :3 It means a lot that somebody, somewhere thinks our work is worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
FreedomCaged
Observer
FreedomCaged

23 Seconds Empty
PostSubject: Re: 23 Seconds   23 Seconds EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 5:47 pm

If you want to PM me your real names I'll be able to credit you more accurately, and sure, I'd be glad to send you both copies of what I come up with before I send it to the journal for publishing. It might be a week or so, though, this weekend I have to design a web page and write an essay.
Back to top Go down
quetzalcoatl
Untainted
quetzalcoatl

23 Seconds Empty
PostSubject: Re: 23 Seconds   23 Seconds EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 5:59 pm

Oh, wonderful. <3 I'll send that to you right away, then. Thanks again~

And that's fine. Get it to us whenever. :3 I, for one, can wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

23 Seconds Empty
PostSubject: Re: 23 Seconds   23 Seconds Empty

Back to top Go down

23 Seconds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Blog Trailheads-
Jump to: