Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

What is your favorite Slender Man series?

Go down 
+7
NearTheEnd
PointlessTest
NewMerchant
Tundra
gekoladie
knifeman
Magnus96
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Magnus96
Untainted
Magnus96

Current Win Points : 3

What is your favorite Slender Man series? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite Slender Man series?   What is your favorite Slender Man series? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 12:01 am

Its a tie between tribetwelve and Marble Hornets, I can't really say that I favor one over the other.
Back to top Go down
knifeman
Anxious
knifeman

Current Win Points : 71

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Slender Man series?   What is your favorite Slender Man series? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 12:15 am

TheRiddleOfTheTreeMan, because interaction, classic Michaelverse original characters, great and confusing plot, and the feeling that you can actually make a difference (which has already been proved that you can).  

My second favorite is a tie between ICANSEETHEGIANT and Michael'sCamera. 

ICStG because it is horribly creepy that the characters are a 9-ish year old boy, a 12-ish year old girl, and a 15-ish year old boy.  The feeling of isolation is also there, as none of the characters interact with anybody outside of the supernatural. Teacher is also a great original character.

MC because it is kind of like TheRiddleOfTheTreeMan Lite. It focuses more on the original characters, and introduces the MEEC.  Michael is also a complete badass by the end, and kills many of the monsters, including the slenderman (who doesn't really play a big part, so it doesn't end up mattering that much).  The only real issue I have is the cop-out ending that was forced because of some asshole reporting the channel to the police (most likely because there is a scene where Michael is slitting his wrists, which looks very realistic).  Without that though, there would likely be no RotTM, so it was kind of a blessing in disguise.
Back to top Go down
gekoladie
Untainted
gekoladie

Current Win Points : -3

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Slender Man series?   What is your favorite Slender Man series? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 12:51 pm

Marble Hornets, hands down. It was my first exposure to the mythos after I'd seen a couple of the classic Slenderman photos drifting around on a message board somewhere, and after a bit of poking I decided to check a vlog out. I picked Marble Hornets because it was the first vlog series and one of the longest, and I'm a sucker for long ongoing works. I certainly wasn't disappointed. The magnitude of the vlog is astounding - the first entry was posted 4 years ago, and events that happened back then are still totally relevant now. It keeps me asking questions constantly, the personal mythos of the vlog isn't overly complicated and the sets and locations are fantastic. 

My second favourite vlog is TribeTwelve. Another long-runner, with an interesting story and excellent effects work. I put it below Marble Hornets because the story and in-vlog mythos seems a little convoluted at times and the confusion sometimes annoyed me more than intrigued me, but I still love it. The crossovers with other series is also a big draw. 

I never really got into any of the blogs, mostly because I came to the party a little late and I discovered all this during a really hectic time in my life (exams, exams, exams and more exams) so the videos were easier on my eyes rather than yet more walls of text.
Back to top Go down
Tundra
Watched
Tundra

Current Win Points : 271

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Slender Man series?   What is your favorite Slender Man series? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 3:14 pm

Has to be EMH. I really don't follow more than like 6 series, but this one is the one that always keeps me at my toes. 
Also would like to give credit for my second fav Pavel Hall that I've recently found interesting.

But well, obviously nothing beats MH, it's just that it's been a little 'slow going' for almost a year now, with very little anything happening, occasionally something but idk.
Back to top Go down
Magnus96
Untainted
Magnus96

Current Win Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Slender Man series?   What is your favorite Slender Man series? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 11:53 pm

knifeman wrote:
TheRiddleOfTheTreeMan, because interaction, classic Michaelverse original characters, great and confusing plot, and the feeling that you can actually make a difference (which has already been proved that you can).  

My second favorite is a tie between ICANSEETHEGIANT and Michael'sCamera. 

ICStG because it is horribly creepy that the characters are a 9-ish year old boy, a 12-ish year old girl, and a 15-ish year old boy.  The feeling of isolation is also there, as none of the characters interact with anybody outside of the supernatural. Teacher is also a great original character.

MC because it is kind of like TheRiddleOfTheTreeMan Lite. It focuses more on the original characters, and introduces the MEEC.  Michael is also a complete badass by the end, and kills many of the monsters, including the slenderman (who doesn't really play a big part, so it doesn't end up mattering that much).  The only real issue I have is the cop-out ending that was forced because of some asshole reporting the channel to the police (most likely because there is a scene where Michael is slitting his wrists, which looks very realistic).  Without that though, there would likely be no RotTM, so it was kind of a blessing in disguise.
 I'm definitely gonna have to check those out, they sound really good.
Back to top Go down
NewMerchant
Observer

Current Win Points : 77

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Slender Man series?   What is your favorite Slender Man series? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 4:47 am

MarbleHornets, What else can I say.

WhisperedFaith (even though it isn't really a slender series), Its fucking awesome and well made.

MLAndersen0 is a really great series and I Highly recommend it.

TheWestRecords is not a Slender Man based series but its an amazing and well made series which I recommend.
Back to top Go down
PointlessTest
Observer

Current Win Points : 59

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Slender Man series?   What is your favorite Slender Man series? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 8:01 am

-

Last edited by PointlessTest on Sat May 25, 2019 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Slender Man series?   What is your favorite Slender Man series? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 8:07 pm

Other than my own (I kid) I think its gotta be Pavel Hall, TrialOfLeaves, SAPH (I'm inclined to love that one), and Tea13Time. Why? I can actually stand them. xD 
Tbh I'm not a "big series" kind of person. (inb4 "wow so hipster")
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
niox
Anxious
niox

Current Win Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Slender Man series?   What is your favorite Slender Man series? EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 2:33 am

TribeTwelve, by far. Next best would be DarkHarvest, and MLA after that.
Back to top Go down
JadeLightningDash
Anxious
JadeLightningDash

Current Win Points : 42

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Slender Man series?   What is your favorite Slender Man series? EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 5:58 pm

It's a tie between MarbleHornets and TribeTwelve. I like them both for many reasons. I like MH for it's mystery and atmosphere, and TT for it's realism and incredible special effects. It's hard for me to choose one from the other.
Back to top Go down
RenanAssuno
Untainted
RenanAssuno

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Slender Man series?   What is your favorite Slender Man series? EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 6:32 pm

I'd say Marble Hornets, but I guess my very favorite is EverymanHYBRID. The atmosphere, the well-constructed storyline, the engaging characters (including Evan who is my favorite character), still have more than one creature. I just think Slender Man should show up more.
Back to top Go down
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Slender Man series?   What is your favorite Slender Man series? EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 10:21 am

In Order:

1) everymanHYBRID
2) MarbleHornets
3) DarkHarvest00
4) MLAndersen0
5) TulpaEffect
6) The Always Watching movie
7) TJAProjects
8) TribeTwelve
9) CaughtNotSleeping
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Slender Man series?   What is your favorite Slender Man series? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite Slender Man series?
Page 1 of 1