Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Slenderverse: A Documentary Film Series

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

Slenderverse: A Documentary Film Series Empty
PostSubject: Slenderverse: A Documentary Film Series   Slenderverse: A Documentary Film Series EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 1:19 pm

Happy Belated 15th anniversary to the Slender Man! 

I'm crawling back to this dead forum because, for the anniversary, YouTube filmmaker Alex Hera (because somehow there's always an Alex) has created a 3-part documentary about the Slender Man, featuring interviews with a number of creators and commenters, including but not limited to Tim Sutton (Marble Hornets), Evan Jennings (EverymanHYBRID), Tom Horan (Seeking Truth/The Mystic), NightMind (YouTube analyses), and yours truly.

Part 1, "Building the Slenderman" focuses on the creation of the Slender Man and the early works that defined it:

Part 2, "An Artistic Movement," focuses on the creators and the community that grew from the Slenderverse:

And finally, part 3, "The Rise and Fall of Slenderman" focuses on the character's rise in popularity following the success of Slender: The Eight Pages, the fallout from the Wisconsin stabbings, and the other factors contributing to the decline of the community:

Alex has done a fantastic job putting together a deep dive that actually does justice to the Slender Man and the community without painting it as some internet boogieman, while also being an honest, warts-and-all depiction of the very real issues the community had. Definitely worth checking out.

NatMonsterr and liminalgoddess like this post

Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
liminalgoddess
Untainted
liminalgoddess

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Slenderverse: A Documentary Film Series   Slenderverse: A Documentary Film Series EmptyMon Jul 08, 2024 11:46 am

dk if my efforts will just be in vain here, but seeing this docuseries on twitter got me hype as hell for the slenderverse again. wonder if we can get this forum back and active again?! ik new series still exist at there. if not, any1 have any idea where the majority of the "modern 'verse" so to speak is congregating? discord servers??

NatMonsterr likes this post

Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Slenderverse: A Documentary Film Series   Slenderverse: A Documentary Film Series EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 2:24 pm

I'm tempted to try to bring the forum back for similar reasons, though I'm not sure how feasible a resurrection here is without a moderation staff, especially considering the main admin hasn't been online since 2018 (and who I'm also pretty sure was grooming a minor--pretty gross how we kind of all let that slide in retrospect--so even with moderation I'm not sure how on board people would be).

I know there's still some sort of community that exists, but at this point it's a completely different group of people from the ones who frequented here. Still, an open forum like this rather than a gated community like a Discord server would be super beneficial in some form.

Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
littleWhiteRABBIT
Untainted
littleWhiteRABBIT

Current Win Points : 15

PostSubject: Re: Slenderverse: A Documentary Film Series   Slenderverse: A Documentary Film Series EmptySun Jul 14, 2024 2:32 am

I came back here explicitly because that documentary came up on my feed, just to see if anything was still active. XD
Thrilled to hear you got to be a part of it though, if I was looking for an expert in researching this community, you'd have been it.
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: Slenderverse: A Documentary Film Series   Slenderverse: A Documentary Film Series EmptyWed Jul 24, 2024 6:38 am

i was super pleased to see you in the documentary.
Back to top Go down
Broeckchen
Observer
Broeckchen

Current Win Points : 176

PostSubject: Re: Slenderverse: A Documentary Film Series   Slenderverse: A Documentary Film Series EmptyThu Jul 25, 2024 4:25 pm

I hear the siren song of my favorite Ladybug-branded man!

It would be fun to get some of the crew back together haha! I'm still in contact with some of the sweeter people who were on here. I'm so happy to hear of a documentary that actually addresses the blogosphere! Definitely going to watch it!

Back to top Go down
http://broeckchen.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slenderverse: A Documentary Film Series   Slenderverse: A Documentary Film Series Empty

Back to top Go down

Slenderverse: A Documentary Film Series
Page 1 of 1