Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The Angel With Wings Outstretched

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fennius
Untainted
Fennius

Current Win Points : 5

The Angel With Wings Outstretched Empty
PostSubject: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:00 pm

Right well this is the thread where I shamelessly self advertise my new series! I have to admit that although I have lots of ideas written down for it I haven't finalised everything, so I'm nto totally sure where this might go. Also at the moment I am the only person involved in this project. I might be able to get other people I know to show up for random characters but until I find someone else tall and thin enough to play slendy(I can just about manage it) it'll be...tricky.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyway, vid 1 is up. Spot the clues.Smile

Last edited by Fennius on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Observer
Tahrgat

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:07 am

I've played the Slender Man before... I'm chubby... All you gotta do is be good at editing and/or shot composition. However, you do need to make a solid story before you advance much. That is not to say that your series wont evolve, but your series needs good soil to grow from. Also it will eventually become a problem if you don't get some solid reliable help. Trust me, one man shows only go so far in the public eye.

Okay, I watched your first episode. Not a bad intro. Some constructive advise would be:

1. Try and have the camera on something that wont wobble. It doesn't happen a lot, but when it does it is distracting.

2. Maybe get a microphone for when you are sitting and talking. Your talking mixes with some sort of audio hum that makes you a bit hard to hear.

3. Watch rambling. It eats up time and many people are impatient.
Back to top Go down
mandr0n
Untainted
mandr0n

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 4:37 am

My critiques are pretty much the same as Tahrgat's. In order for your series to go places you'll need a better microphone and you'll have to closely monitor rambling. I don't know if you are personally a rambler "IRL" or if it is just the character, but it does get difficult to follow. The combination of the rambling and lower quality audio made it hard to make out precisely what you were saying.

Obviously it's too early for me to say whether or not I think it is going to be a successful series, but I have subscribed and I wish you the best of luck. I'll be following you closely. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

Current Win Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:37 am

Awesome! I actually really like the character (or your character, if this is how you actually are IRL,) I found it fresh and engaging. My only complaint, like the others, is the audio. If you're like me and your equipment isn't really upgradeable due to money concerns, my advice is just to speak up a bit, as I can understand you, but it gets a little muffled when you speak quickly and low.

Otherwise, I actually liked the rambling, I think it could be interesting in use much later when you're being stalked by Slendy. I've subbed, and I can't wait to see what you can do with it!

As far as the help thing goes, just get a friend or two to help out with "effects." In my last video (now keep in mind my vids aren't Slenderman related,) I had one of my friends, who are almost always over, to be a "loud noise" and a "door holder" for me. Neither my "co-host" or my friend is knowledgeable about Slenderman. They don't watch vlogs or read blogs or anything like that, so they have no idea what I'm shooting for, or where the inspiration came from.

Still, if you can get some friends to do things like close doors when you're not near them (I think the door in this video would've been great. You don't call attention to it, you just close it slowly and quietly and your character never notices.) or even have them be Slendy, without knowing who Slendy is. Anyway, that's just a suggestion. Awesome that you're making a series!
Back to top Go down
http://thegungancouncil.yuku.com
Fennius
Untainted
Fennius

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:19 am

Unfortunately I basically can't get a microphone. I'm using a camera not a camcorder and as far as I know I can't plug a microphone into it, I can't really use a seperate microphone because I would fail horrible at syncing it, and I can't afford to buy a camcorder. Sad I will try and talk louder though.

The camera shouldn't have wobbled since it was sitting on top of my desktop, I think it was just too near the edge.

And I kinda undersold it above, I do have plans for where its going, it's just that ultimately I may go one way, another way, or both, and I haven't totally decided exactly what will happen. But thats a fair bit on.

Vohn_exel wrote:
Awesome! I actually really like the character (or your character, if this is how you actually are IRL,) I found it fresh and engaging. My only complaint, like the others, is the audio. If you're like me and your equipment isn't really upgradeable due to money concerns, my advice is just to speak up a bit, as I can understand you, but it gets a little muffled when you speak quickly and low.

Otherwise, I actually liked the rambling, I think it could be interesting in use much later when you're being stalked by Slendy. I've subbed, and I can't wait to see what you can do with it!

Thanks, yeah the rambling is pretty much me. I didn't really exaggerate it, but I didn't try to reign it in much either.Smile

Vohn_exel wrote:

As far as the help thing
goes, just get a friend or two to help out with "effects." In my last
video (now keep in mind my vids aren't Slenderman related,) I had one of
my friends, who are almost always over, to be a "loud noise" and a
"door holder" for me. Neither my "co-host" or my friend is knowledgeable
about Slenderman. They don't watch vlogs or read blogs or anything like
that, so they have no idea what I'm shooting for, or where the
inspiration came from.

Whilst I did think of asking friends to show up as 'guest characters' for some reason I never really thought of that. scratch

Vohn_exel wrote:

Still, if you can get some friends to do
things like close doors when you're not near them (I think the door in
this video would've been great. You don't call attention to it, you just
close it slowly and quietly and your character never notices.) or even
have them be Slendy, without knowing who Slendy is. Anyway, that's just a
suggestion. Awesome that you're making a series!

I'll only say that I left that door open deliberatly. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:11 pm

Aaah, I see Very Happy Well even still, the idea stands. Yeah I'm having one of my friends be a fairly major part of my story, but I don't even know how much you're going to see him. It's partially based off of I don't know how much I'll need to show him and also because I don't go over to his house that often.

But yeah even if you just have them do random things to help create any illusion you need, sound, effects, or just to have someone walk past you on the street, they don't really need to know anything about Slenderman. Heck, if you're lucky, you'll get them into the mythos...or in my case, they won't care but are vain enough that they get into your series very heavily Razz
Back to top Go down
Fennius
Untainted
Fennius

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 4:46 pm

Yeah I should be able to rope them in for things like that. Anyways, vid two is done and will be up in about two hours because thats how long youtube takes to upload it. Sad I can say that chances are you will never see the operator symbol again in this, I put it in the first vid as an identifier, but itsnot really a part of this series.
Back to top Go down
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:46 am

Ah cool Very Happy Yeah when I upload videos I always end up having to do it when I sleep, lol. My last video took 125 minutes to upload, cause it was like 9 minutes long. My internet is just not that fast, lol. Cool though, I'll go check out your new vid Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Observer
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:35 pm

Just Watched the newest episode. I really like how expressive you are when you describe things. Also I understood you better. Not sure if I got use to how the audio was or if there was just less distortion. Either way it was an improvement.
Back to top Go down
SCullen
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 6:20 pm

Looks good so far. Not enough people actually explain WHY they've started posting videos, and many of those who do fail to do so satisfactorily.
My one complaint is that you need to get somebody to either get in a Slendy costume or pilot a Slendy prop. A purely visual effect Slendy doesn't look great. But other than that, nice work so far.
Back to top Go down
Fennius
Untainted
Fennius

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:04 pm

SCullen wrote:
Looks good so far. Not enough people actually explain WHY they've started posting videos, and many of those who do fail to do so satisfactorily.
My one complaint is that you need to get somebody to either get in a Slendy costume or pilot a Slendy prop. A purely visual effect Slendy doesn't look great. But other than that, nice work so far.

That wasn't a visual effect slendy, it was a costume. Smile

Hopefully I should get a quick video done tomorrow, I'm also working on a prop, though it probably wont appear for a while because it will take some time to finish.
Back to top Go down
SCullen
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Fennius wrote:
SCullen wrote:

That wasn't a visual effect slendy, it was a costume. Smile

Hopefully I should get a quick video done tomorrow, I'm also working on a prop, though it probably wont appear for a while because it will take some time to finish.

Really?
It looked very much like he was floating, and you got exactly the right kind of bizarre lighting to make him look half not real.
Now I'm looking forward to seeing how the costume looks in a full on shot and not just through a door crack.
Back to top Go down
Fennius
Untainted
Fennius

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:29 pm

SCullen wrote:

Really?
It looked very much like he was floating, and you got exactly the right kind of bizarre lighting to make him look half not real.
Now I'm looking forward to seeing how the costume looks in a full on shot and not just through a door crack.

You're over estimating my editing skills! Very Happy

If you don't like immersion breaking, don't read this bit.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Fennius
Untainted
Fennius

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Third video is done, though likely wont be uploaded till some time tomorrow. And I do know where I'm going with this now even if it seems rambly.Smile I should probably try and make the videos shorter but there is absolutely no in character reason to do so at the moment. Once stuff starts happening there'll probably be some less waffley ones. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:15 pm

Sweet, can't wait! And yeah I know how you feel about the length. I don't understand how some people can film three minutes and get so much plot into their series Razz. I usually end up with at least six minute shots. I hate it but I treat them like "episodes" instead of "the next vlogcast."
Back to top Go down
Fennius
Untainted
Fennius

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 11:36 am

Finally up, last night it was saying it would take 24 hours to upload, fortunately it's been better today.

Edit: Incidently which of the three distortions in the video do people prefer? 'scratchy', colour or 'flare'?
Back to top Go down
Fennius
Untainted
Fennius

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:57 pm

Two more vids up today, or rather I hope so. The latter one is ridiculously long for its content, the character(i.e. me:)) got carried away.

Spoiler:

Oh also: SPOILERS for The Woman In Black.
Back to top Go down
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Sweet, just watched all the vids I'd missed. I like your character, and I like that you keep a pretty professional feel about it even if you do go off subject. Looking forward to where it all goes!
Back to top Go down
Fennius
Untainted
Fennius

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:29 pm

Hopefully I'll be able to get the next vid filmed tomorrow and uploaded by the evening.

Edit: Nope, I have the one after this done but annoyingly the help for next one has been delayed, possibly to the end of the week. If so I might rewrite it slightly so there'll be an update sooner.
Back to top Go down
Fennius
Untainted
Fennius

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:56 pm

Updates! Now I need to frantically finish some props and filming before I switch to a different hoise for the holidays. End of term has crept up on me a bit. I'll have better locatiosn for filming once I'm home, but less help, so there's a coouple of bits I need to film even if they wont show up for a few vids.
Back to top Go down
Fennius
Untainted
Fennius

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Damnit, I'm trying to edit together one of the next ones and I have a genuine issue in that everything is perfectly fine on the camera, but when I upload it it becomes ridiculously dark and you can't see anything. I can try brightening it in powerdirector, but it doesn't look as good.

Does anyone know what this issue is or a way to fix it?
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Observer
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Maybe it is the file type? I always upload my videos in High Def MP4 format. That is a 720 p format which I have found holds the most original quality after being transferred. Before I discovered this format for my video I use to dance around with different formats almost every episode release to try and find which one worked best for what I needed. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Fennius
Untainted
Fennius

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 9:32 pm

I don't seem to have an option for filetype though, I just plug my camera in to the computer and click import. Sad

Anyways in this vid its not so bad since the distortion that comes when I brighten it actually works reasonably well.
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Observer
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 9:48 pm

If you want to change your video file type then after you import your video onto your computer open it in a good video editing program. After this go to create video, choose the video format and hit render. If you don't have good video editing software then, of course, this won't help much, but this is how it is done.
Back to top Go down
Fennius
Untainted
Fennius

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:57 pm

Right so 'chapter 1', or rather what I have mentally marked off in my head as the first section of the story is done. I had hoped to be getting loads done over this holiday, but unfortunately the pesky real life thing of exams is in the way. I hope to get a couple more bits of plot done whilst still down here as there are better locations, but I may have to postpone some bits till afterwards. Fortunately although I have an ending for the series(with a possibility of continuing into another one if I ever find morepeople to help me make that), the middle section is much more loosely defined and malleable.

As for what I've done so far, I'm a little disappointed with a couple of the effects (biggest was when Masky1 jumped out the window, the idea is he scrambled down the roof section first THEN jumped, but it wasn't visisble and with the amount of time it took for me to get to the window it looks obviously fake.), and the Visit video was compeltely different than I imagined due to last minute actor cancellation, and as a result it wasn't as clear as it should have been. For what would have been seen and an explanation of what has happened see the spoiler below. No spoilers for vids after 11, but some may prefer not having it explained.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Angel With Wings Outstretched   The Angel With Wings Outstretched Empty

Back to top Go down

The Angel With Wings Outstretched
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Video Series Trailheads-
Jump to: