Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Shifting from linear to ARG?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SadDevil
Observer
SadDevil

Current Win Points : 13

Shifting from linear to ARG? Empty
PostSubject: Shifting from linear to ARG?   Shifting from linear to ARG? EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 7:26 pm

As some of you may know, I've got my series Kript's Tale, and I have had Kript answer viewer's questions in the comments. I like doing that. I considered shifting the series from having a linear plot, to becoming a moreover ARG. Anybody have any ideas on how to do this?

If you haven't already, check out my series(at least skim), you'll find that it's quite unconventional, as series go. I was considering having Kript eventually host a weekly tinychat, where he would answer individual questions, rather than doing weird, global & vague answers.

ALSO: I don't want to do things where, you could only find the plot points if you were there. That's why I couldn't get into EMH.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KriptsTale
kingxana0
Observer
kingxana0

Current Win Points : 27

PostSubject: Re: Shifting from linear to ARG?   Shifting from linear to ARG? EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Check out Atop the Fourth Wall. It is a comic book review show with an over arching plot. And honestly if you want to add story just keep you thing going but at the beginning and end add story elements.
Back to top Go down
Hooligan Spirit
Anxious
Hooligan Spirit

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Shifting from linear to ARG?   Shifting from linear to ARG? EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:05 pm

I'd say go for it. Puzzles and mysteries seem to generate the most talk. If you do go down that route, try to spice it up a little - the binary thing is getting old. Maybe these puzzles, once solved, could reveal a little more about Kript?

If you do expand into things like blogs and such, be sure to make some sort of update video, so that those just watching the vids will know what the hell is going on.

The chat sounds great, but you should plan ahead of time. You don't want to say something in chat only to have to retcon it later in the video series.

Editing to say that these are just my thoughts and that this might be terrible advice.

Last edited by Hooligan Spirit on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Yep.)
Back to top Go down
SadDevil
Observer
SadDevil

PostSubject: Re: Shifting from linear to ARG?   Shifting from linear to ARG? EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:41 pm

Actually I like your advice. I had an idea to do either sum up videos for the blogs/twitter/chats or actual RECORDINGS of the chats. Sum ups would be less... Tedious.
Back to top Go down
TheMysteriousLee
Anxious
TheMysteriousLee

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Shifting from linear to ARG?   Shifting from linear to ARG? EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:27 am

I could help you with with the ARG elements, as I have run one before. At this early it its existence, your switching to ARG to go smoothly. I do have a few tips and ideas.

1. The sum-up videos could be classified as [RECORDS] and give a basic summary of not YouTube events.

2. Keep it fresh. Use multiple different medias, and trust me when I say this, it pays to be creative.

3. Do not, and I mean DO NOT go by a pattern or repeat yourself. It makes it very bland and predictable.(Do not confuse that with using a reoccurring element that provides more information or etc.)

4. Make things challenging, but keep in mind your audience's intelligence and numbers. Do not make challenges too hard for your audience to solve, but never make it too easy or give the answer to them.

If you want my help with some of the ARG elements, just PM me.
Back to top Go down
SadDevil
Observer
SadDevil

PostSubject: Re: Shifting from linear to ARG?   Shifting from linear to ARG? EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 6:46 pm

For repeating myself, are you saying I could do a regular set of updates, say on tinychat, on a specific day, but not put the same info repeatedly.

Remember, I aim to make this a dark and VIOLENT series. If there is filler, it'll look awesome Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shifting from linear to ARG?   Shifting from linear to ARG? Empty

Back to top Go down

Shifting from linear to ARG?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Out-of-Game Trailheads-
Jump to: