Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

0nemoresoul2thecall

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

0nemoresoul2thecall Empty
PostSubject: 0nemoresoul2thecall   0nemoresoul2thecall EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:24 pm

I just found this series called [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Their first video:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It already goes on for about 4 Months now and has currently 26 videos.
This series also has a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
And a playlist of their videos can be found[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: 0nemoresoul2thecall   0nemoresoul2thecall EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 1:31 pm

The video "Session 6: Centralia" caught my eye.

Does this mean that this and EMH live in the same universe in a minor minor MINOR way? Just location-wise?

Speaking of which, the scenery in the videos is so great. I honestly don't know how I feel about the series itself, though, but the scenery is definitely great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

PostSubject: Re: 0nemoresoul2thecall   0nemoresoul2thecall EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 4:15 pm

sethlapod555 wrote:

Does this mean that this and EMH live in the same universe in a minor minor MINOR way? Just location-wise?

Speaking of which, the scenery in the videos is so great. I honestly don't know how I feel about the series itself, though, but the scenery is definitely great.

Yeah maybe they live in the same area as the EMH group ^^ (or at least near centralia but hey, it is an awesome location to shoot Wink)
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: 0nemoresoul2thecall   0nemoresoul2thecall EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 6:07 pm

sethlapod555 wrote:

Well, Centralia is a real place, it's the city Silent Hill was based on. I watched the first few videos and they embarked on a road trip around that part of the country, seeking out creepy places. There's probably no direct connection to EMH there.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: 0nemoresoul2thecall   0nemoresoul2thecall EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:32 pm

I honestly wanna go on a road trip someday with my bestie, and Centralia's a place I wanna hit. Just to say I've been to Silent Hill. Wink

I don't know how to feel about this series. The parts about it that are good (like the scenery and character believability) are very good, but the stuff that's not good is just... eh. I'm a little more than 3/4 of the way through, and I'll finish watching all of it before I make a final verdict, but I'm not so sure I'm digging this one.

Edit: Well, I finished all the videos and... I still have the same opinion. It's got some interesting concepts and story bits to it, but at the end of it all I just feel kind of... "*shrugs* Well that sure was a series." It just didn't leave that huge an impression on me. And personally, I felt that
Spoiler:
seemed a tad forced to me and just don't mesh well. That and
Spoiler:
I don't really see what they're doing here. And that's the biggest problem I have with this series - I feel like I should be picking up on certain cues that I'm just not, and that leaves me feeling sorta lost. And this isn't just me either - I checked their Tumblr and their Twitter, and it doesn't offer anything else that's new or explains what's going on in the series any better. Either there's something I'm just really missing with the plot, or there's references to other things besides the Mythos that are going right over my head, and that's a big barrier to my enjoyment of this series.

tl;dr: The series has good concepts, good characters that feel real, and some great scenery. But it just didn't leave that big of an impression on me, I feel a bit awkward watching it because I feel like I'm missing things it expects me to know already, and it doesn't really stand out from other series that much in terms of some of its concepts. My final verdict? If you like seeing real-feeling characters and don't mind the slow pacing, it's worth a watch. Certainly not a BAD series. But otherwise, maybe skip this one over.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

PostSubject: Re: 0nemoresoul2thecall   0nemoresoul2thecall EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 3:00 am

new video:

@DarkDshadows wow this is a good review, but one thing i gotta ask you: Did you only watch the videos or did you look at their blog too? Maybe there are some explanations on there that you missed Surprised
Back to top Go down
Mashuga31
Untainted
Mashuga31

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: 0nemoresoul2thecall   0nemoresoul2thecall EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 3:54 am

Reading about this series in this thread leads me to believe it was heavily inspired by silent hill, not only because they apparently visit Centralia, but if you're a Silent Hill fanboy like I am, you would have caught that the title: "Onemoresoul2thecall" is a direct Silent Hill reference - that being the name of the credits theme that plays when you beat Silent Hill: Homecoming.

Fun facts.

Edit: I'm about to go to sleep, so I'm going to give this series a full watch on yonder morning, but I'm going to throw out a wild guess here to you Shadow - If you feel like you're missing out on something you probably are. Just speculation, but with the two references to Silent Hill already in play

Spoiler:

this is probably an attempt to mix the mythos with the silent hill universe (albeit in a real setting)
Spoiler:

But all of that is just my mind jumping around with sleepiness and doing what my mind does. And now this poor series has to live up to those extremely high expectations for me. xD I'll tell everyone my opinion when I give it a full watch.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: 0nemoresoul2thecall   0nemoresoul2thecall EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:00 pm

TailsFoxy wrote:
Did you only watch the videos or did you look at their blog too? Maybe there are some explanations on there that you missed Surprised

Well Foxy, as I said before in my review above:

Me wrote:
I checked their Tumblr and their Twitter, and it doesn't offer anything
else that's new or explains what's going on in the series any better.

So yes, I checked their blog on Tumblr, but I didn't see anything that really helped explain or clarify much more. Mostly I saw them saying "Okay, next video's up." Particularly on the Twitter.

Mashuga, if they are trying to go for mixing Silent Hill with the Mythos, then I just don't know if they're doing it well enough to make that clear to me. If they're going for fanboys and girls of SH that's fine, but I'm not one of them. I'm just a casual fan who happens to like both the Mythos and Silent Hill; I'm not going to always notice all these details. You'd think that if they were gonna blend like that, they'd make it more accessible to the common SH fan.

My biggest nitpick with this series though is the interest thing. It's not holding my interest enough and it's not introducing enough of the Mythos. I feel like I'm watching a paranormal/ghost series, not a Slenderseries, because Slenderman doesn't seem to have enough influence or prominence in the plot versus this other random antagonist that looks like Samara from The Ring. That's not a bad thing, but it's not what I came to see; I feel like here, Slendy's just another monster they threw in, not an actual antagonist with presence, force, and weight. And that's a big pet peeve of mine with series - when a series makes it so Slendy could be interchangeable with literally anything else and have it still make sense, and then calls it a Slenderseries. I'm not saying 0nemoresoul is doing that, but that's what it feels like.

I dunno about you guys, but beyond all the interesting Centralia and creepy ghost-child thing stuff, I feel tremendously bored watching this series. Maybe that's just me, but it feels like nothing really happens. I know it's new, I know it's still working out kinks. But 20 or so vids in and literally the only two things of note that have interested me since the plot itself kicked off were
Spoiler:
and
Spoiler:
. I'm just disappointed, because I thought this series would draw me in more, but... I just don't find myself getting into the story. I like the characters, but I feel like the plot drags on a bit too much in between with filler. That's all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

PostSubject: Re: 0nemoresoul2thecall   0nemoresoul2thecall EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 1:47 am

New video:
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: 0nemoresoul2thecall   0nemoresoul2thecall EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:02 am

Two new video updates:

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

PostSubject: Re: 0nemoresoul2thecall   0nemoresoul2thecall EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 6:13 am

And another update video:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 0nemoresoul2thecall   0nemoresoul2thecall Empty

Back to top Go down

0nemoresoul2thecall
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Video Series Trailheads-
Jump to: