Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

A small suggestion

Go down 
+3
The Doctor
ShadowTurtleInc
TheSomnambulist
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheSomnambulist
Untainted
TheSomnambulist

Current Win Points : 0

A small suggestion Empty
PostSubject: A small suggestion   A small suggestion EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:30 am

So I was trolling through The Flamewars section because one of my great joys in life is getting in the middle of a bunch of angry people and completely wrecking things... I was annoyed to see there apparently haven't been any recent ones.

However looking at a few almost recent ones I noticed something... I noticed it again in The announcement thread...

River Song seems to piss people off even more than Doctor himself... Not even just those who are against the whole Doctor taking over SN thing but just in general... Now I could be wrong but it seemed to me a major reason for why people don't seem to like her is that despite not apparently having Admin or Moderator status (At least I don't think she does and if she does bad form Doctor very bad form...) she seems to hold more sway on here than most of the actual moderators.

The reason is most likely obvious. Personal relations possibly romantic obviously preferential treatment but really an Admin should be impartial or people start to feel things are unfair. It's a sad fact but the best and most beloved kind of Admin is generally the kind who acts almost like a robot merely existing to keep the site running smoothly. You can still interact and have fun with people but there should always be sort of this distanced air. You are not a user you are a functionary.

To put it in context sure we like to see our government leader acting like an ordinary human being but we don't like it when he appears to have the same weaknesses as an ordinary human being. If he goes down to a pub and has a drink with some working men that's good we like that. If he gets blitz drunk and makes an ass of himself we don't like that.

Anyway I am rambling a little... The point is off the site do whatever you want on site though River should be distanced from the site politics she is just a user not an admin or mod and should have the responsibilities and rights associated with that position. No offense intended to anyone just that this is generally a good way to make the governing body of a sight less hated. Especially when one's rep is already pretty bad.

(Of course seeing as this place seems to be mostly dead compared to a while ago and everything I was seeing was at least a month old this may be entirely irrelevant but still worth saying I guess...)
Back to top Go down
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

Current Win Points : 306

A small suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A small suggestion   A small suggestion EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 1:16 am

.....I would just stay out of it.....
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

A small suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A small suggestion   A small suggestion EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 1:53 am

TheSomnambulist wrote:
So I was trolling through The Flamewars section because one of my great joys in life is getting in the middle of a bunch of angry people and completely wrecking things... I was annoyed to see there apparently haven't been any recent ones.

However looking at a few almost recent ones I noticed something... I noticed it again in The announcement thread...

River Song seems to piss people off even more than Doctor himself... Not even just those who are against the whole Doctor taking over SN thing but just in general... Now I could be wrong but it seemed to me a major reason for why people don't seem to like her is that despite not apparently having Admin or Moderator status (At least I don't think she does and if she does bad form Doctor very bad form...) she seems to hold more sway on here than most of the actual moderators.

The reason is most likely obvious. Personal relations possibly romantic obviously preferential treatment but really an Admin should be impartial or people start to feel things are unfair. It's a sad fact but the best and most beloved kind of Admin is generally the kind who acts almost like a robot merely existing to keep the site running smoothly. You can still interact and have fun with people but there should always be sort of this distanced air. You are not a user you are a functionary.

To put it in context sure we like to see our government leader acting like an ordinary human being but we don't like it when he appears to have the same weaknesses as an ordinary human being. If he goes down to a pub and has a drink with some working men that's good we like that. If he gets blitz drunk and makes an ass of himself we don't like that.

Anyway I am rambling a little... The point is off the site do whatever you want on site though River should be distanced from the site politics she is just a user not an admin or mod and should have the responsibilities and rights associated with that position. No offense intended to anyone just that this is generally a good way to make the governing body of a sight less hated. Especially when one's rep is already pretty bad.

(Of course seeing as this place seems to be mostly dead compared to a while ago and everything I was seeing was at least a month old this may be entirely irrelevant but still worth saying I guess...)
Well, I would like to say that I'm glad you didn't just go on a hate-rampage with no thought behind it. River Song is one of my moderators, and she is a very capable one. Honestly, you don't see most of my other staff very often. They have things that they are doing in their own lives, and as such they have little time for the site, which is not something I hold against them personally.

River and I did have a romance outside of this forum. It started before I had reclaimed what Zander and the previous administration had stolen from me. It has ended as well, so there is no reason for her to hold any more sway as to decisions made on this forum. Ultimately, decisions are made by me, and me alone. So, if you have a problem with a change or decision made here, you come to me instead of trying to discredit one of my staff. They have the jobs they do because I trust them all and they are the right people for them.

As for your apparent lack of faith in my leadership, let me first tell you that I do not plan to go anywhere, so if you were hoping to edge me out of running my site, I will tell you that won't happen. What could happen is you and I could sit down, talk about these issues one on one, and come to an understanding as to what goes on here.

If there is something I've missed, please let me know so I may address it to you. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to either post here or Private Message me.

I am sorry if this site or its staff has upset you in any way, shape, or form.

Yours,

The Doctor
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
TheCrookedFamily
Stalked
TheCrookedFamily

Current Win Points : 269

A small suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A small suggestion   A small suggestion EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 1:58 am

Well...I say:

FUCK YOUR DECISION!

THIS IS NOT AMERICA THIS IS FUCKING GUNG-HO...

THIS IS THE SLENDER NATION!

DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?

GO BACK TO THE FUCKING FEAR MYTHOS YOU PUSSY...

Sincerely -James
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

A small suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A small suggestion   A small suggestion EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 1:59 am

James, please don't antagonize.
Back to top Go down
TheCrookedFamily
Stalked
TheCrookedFamily

A small suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A small suggestion   A small suggestion EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 2:02 am

FUCK LOGIC HERES A SWORD!

USE IT AND LEARN!

Ok...I understand..but raging is my thing...

AND MY THING IS THE SHIT!

//Shut the fuck up you little white bastard! -Stephen\\
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

A small suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A small suggestion   A small suggestion EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 2:05 am

I understand that, but I'm trying to air problems out that this user has against me and one of my staff.
Back to top Go down
TheCrookedFamily
Stalked
TheCrookedFamily

A small suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A small suggestion   A small suggestion EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 2:07 am

In that case.....

I will not rise against the Gung-Ho system....

This IS a free Nation...like America...

I will NOT fuck your decision.
Back to top Go down
TheSomnambulist
Untainted
TheSomnambulist

A small suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A small suggestion   A small suggestion EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 10:49 am

Oh my it would seem my intentions have been entirely misread.

I have no problem with your leadership or any member of your staff. I am not really involved enough on here to really care much either way.

I merely noticed what seemed to be a problem and was attempting to offer a solution.

I'm not familiar with the conventions of this site and so not seeing anything that said moderator on her account figured she was not a moderator. My bad.

Honestly for the most part I merely thought I was seeing what is a common mistake made by Administrative staff on forums and was trying to help.

On that note though River does still seem or at least give the impression of being more autonomous then working under your orders. So maybe it's just a miscommunication thing.

Either way if there isn't a problem you may disregard this entirely.

On that note, however, Mr. Crooked here should go fuck himself lengthwise with a heated chainsaw.

Thank You.
Back to top Go down
River Song
Watched
River Song

Current Win Points : 67

A small suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A small suggestion   A small suggestion EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 12:14 pm

A further bit of explanation from my point of view:

When the fights that went down in January/February happened, a) I was in a relationship with the Doctor, and b) I was not a moderator at the time. At that point, seeing a lot of anger and hatred directed toward the person I was dating, I stepped in to take some of the backlash away from him. At that point, yes, I was working somewhat of my own free will. In fact, Doc asked me to stop, not because I was acting out of line, but because he was concerned it would create more backlash against me, which, as you noticed it did.

Regardless, all of that happened several months ago. A while later, I became a Mod, and after that, Doc and I broke up. As he said, I don't have any kind of preferential treatment, and if I were to start posting in the same vein as I did then, action would most certainly be taken against me.

TL;DR: The posts referred to were made at a very chaotic point in time of the forum's history, and any arguments I started were in defense of my then-partner. Now, several months later, many things have changed, and people in general have moved on.
Back to top Go down
TheSomnambulist
Untainted
TheSomnambulist

A small suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A small suggestion   A small suggestion EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 1:26 pm

Well that's good I'm glad it's settled then.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

A small suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A small suggestion   A small suggestion EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 10:20 pm

I missed quite a bit.

A small suggestion Box10

Well I'm glad everything's resolved. Everyone happy?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
TheCrookedFamily
Stalked
TheCrookedFamily

A small suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A small suggestion   A small suggestion EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:12 am

A small suggestion Th?id=H.4600065690109486&pid=1

I still feel this should happen...

*spark crackle* Burn...
Back to top Go down
BlueMarble
Stalked

Current Win Points : 149

A small suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A small suggestion   A small suggestion EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 2:54 pm

I'm not trying to be nosy or anything (sorry if it feels like I am) but what actually happened in january/february? I know a lot of people left. You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I'm just curious (a little too curious maybe Razz)
Back to top Go down
http://josephwritesrandomstuff.blogspot.com/
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

Current Win Points : 306

A small suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A small suggestion   A small suggestion EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 6:40 pm

Cokespray wrote:
I'm not trying to be nosy or anything (sorry if it feels like I am) but what actually happened in january/february? I know a lot of people left. You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I'm just curious (a little too curious maybe Razz)
 You can learn a lot by checking out the archives...
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

A small suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A small suggestion   A small suggestion EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 9:47 pm

No, you really can't. If you have any questions about what happened, PM me and I will give you what happened. I've nothing to hide, it's just that the archives are missing things that need to be explained.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A small suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: A small suggestion   A small suggestion Empty

Back to top Go down

A small suggestion
Page 1 of 1