Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The Slendernation

Go down 
+3
ShadowTurtleInc
sethlapod555
karmasixxofsn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
karmasixxofsn
Blackout
karmasixxofsn

Current Win Points : 114
Location : Stuck alone in a padded cell with myself-oh wait, thats my mind.

The Slendernation Empty
PostSubject: The Slendernation   The Slendernation EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 9:17 pm

What if at some point when all the roleplays are dead and soon to be dead, we bring all the characters together for the biggest roleplay ever? I mean, where all of our favorite characters of the roleplayers still left here just did this? It would be so cool!
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

The Slendernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slendernation   The Slendernation EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 6:13 am

Not a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

Current Win Points : 306

The Slendernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slendernation   The Slendernation EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 3:46 pm

A lot of people on the forum don't like to roleplay unfortunately....
Back to top Go down
karmasixxofsn
Blackout
karmasixxofsn

The Slendernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slendernation   The Slendernation EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:02 pm

Well then how can they be IN the slender-nation? The slender-nation is the alternate dimension one version (well more than 1) of slender man takes his victims too, also known as limbo.
Back to top Go down
JustinDGBZ
Watched

Current Win Points : 95

The Slendernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slendernation   The Slendernation EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 7:26 pm

How exactly would it work? What would the plot be?
Back to top Go down
karmasixxofsn
Blackout
karmasixxofsn

The Slendernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slendernation   The Slendernation EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm not entirely sure, besides the on going battle between the...what would you call them...survivors? No...the they can't all be protagonists either...the characters who know of the slenderman but do not work with him, and the slenderman and his proxies.
Back to top Go down
DeviantMotive
Untainted
DeviantMotive

Current Win Points : 1

The Slendernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slendernation   The Slendernation EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:17 pm

Sounds interesting. I'd do it!
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

The Slendernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slendernation   The Slendernation EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 9:17 am

ShadowTurtleInc wrote:
A lot of people on the forum don't like to roleplay unfortunately....
I actually think it's the opposite. What it looks like to me is that there are a lot more RPers on the forum than Non-RPers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
thisistheend
Observer

Current Win Points : 50

The Slendernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slendernation   The Slendernation EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 1:44 pm

I'd love to RP again. But I think a lot more planning needs to go into the roleplay like story arc, setting, Slenderman, etc, instead of everyone having twenty separate sub-plots that go nowhere.  

Also we would need to put more detail into our posts instead of the typical short '"Let's move," said Gary' kind of posts. I think a two line minimum might be the best solution. 

But that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
T-M-S
Observer
T-M-S

Current Win Points : 63

The Slendernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slendernation   The Slendernation EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 6:17 pm

I agree. I don't get involved in the RPs because they're somewhat lacking in substance and structure IMO. Also I find they tend to stray  from the realism that made the first few tendrils of the mythos so powerful. Characters with really unbelievable names and backgrounds, crazy things happening like magic sigils and the characters having supernatural abilities.

I'd propose a new RP with a much larger minimum post length, so it would read more like a story overall. Maybe with a 'game master' for the thread, who controls Slenderman and tries to guide the plot. How exactly you'd structure that is a difficult thing to decide, however.
Back to top Go down
thisistheend
Observer

Current Win Points : 50

The Slendernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slendernation   The Slendernation EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 6:31 pm

T-M-S wrote:
I agree. I don't get involved in the RPs because they're somewhat lacking in substance and structure IMO. Also I find they tend to stray  from the realism that made the first few tendrils of the mythos so powerful. Characters with really unbelievable names and backgrounds, crazy things happening like magic sigils and the characters having supernatural abilities.

I'd propose a new RP with a much larger minimum post length, so it would read more like a story overall. Maybe with a 'game master' for the thread, who controls Slenderman and tries to guide the plot. How exactly you'd structure that is a difficult thing to decide, however.
The only way for the plot to keep a certain course would be for everyone to agree on a general story arc like "people wake up in forest, split up into groups/factions, forced to kill each other/manipulated by Slenderman, the end", but give people enough freedom to have their characters react to situations like they want them to so it would shape the story and make it more believable. 

That's kinda of what I used to do on other forums with other people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Slendernation Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Slendernation   The Slendernation Empty

Back to top Go down

The Slendernation
Page 1 of 1