Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

"Core Theory"

Go down 
+11
Stormecho
Omega
altiumvidetur
ParaBellum
Glomple
Thage the Minithulu
Maduin
Zander
taylortexas
DaLadybugMan
zero
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 2:48 pm

Note that while plenty of bloggers reference the Core Theory, they're not technically part of it unless they have titles from Sages. Bloggers who title themselves are gamejacking. It's fine to reference the Core Theory without being titled, however - as notorious as the Core Theory is by now, it would be strange not to mention it.

Recently, most of the new Sages have asked not to be referred to as such. This probably has something to do with Redlight mocking them (see White Elephants), but I suspect not being able to help the hordes of uncooperative Runners hasn't done much for their self-confidence either.

The first trio of Sages:
Robert (See my topic on White Elephants; all of the Sage's relevant posts have been deleted except for two. You'll see why.)
Shaun
Jay

Second generation:
Maduin(SJS)
Zero
Amelia

Bonus blogs that have been titled but may not actually be in Core Theory, necessarily:

"Scribes" - purely informative. Not really official, but good sources of information all the same.
-Andy of Slenderbloggins
He's fixed his unreliability issue and seems to be back on track with reality. Objectivity once more, hurray!
-Omega of Encyclopedia Slenderia
Run by a good fellow from Unfiction.
-Ash of Golum Tulpa Anima
Doesn't allow comments, so she doesn't really participate in the events. Provides background on a more general scope - what the Slender Man is, what he does, attempting to define him in a slightly coherent way. In my opinion, of course, it's better to leave that vague, as the more you think you know about Slender Man, the less you actually know.

"Herald"
-Nessa in Ignorance, previously called Enter Light
Most of the important parts of the blog have been erased. If you're interested in the full story, there's Fizzbomb's blog here that sort of intersected with hers. I've been following it from the beginning, so if you'd like to ask me what's been going on with it, I'd be happy to fill you in.

"Mystic"
-Zeke from Seeking Truth
This is a classic, and if you haven't read it yet, you need to. He's credited for being the one to start a resistance against Slender Man, instead of the usual OH GOD HE'S GOING TO KILL ME mentality.

"Oracle"
-Sandra from H(a)unting
I don't like to reference this much, because Sandra's situation is so close to making her a Mary Sue, especially in this fandom where Slendy has never been known to stalk someone for so long without harming them, but it's entertaining and kind of charming in its own way.
Note: Not officially Core Theory. Robert titled her.
It now has its own Trope Page. Kill me now.

"Hermit"
-M from The Tutorial
Required reading if you're a Runner. This guy has been able to survive being stalked by staying on the move, and as his blog URL implies, staying up high. It's speculated that Slender Man could kill him whenever he wanted, but he is keeping him alive for some reason of his own.

"Minstrel"
-Hosozukuri from Breeze in Monochrome NIGHT
See also: her YouTube

Time for a rant!

Now, I've heard a lot of complaints about how difficult it is to follow the storyline because of how many blogs there are. Personally, I like the chaos. It lends a certain air of believability to it. Think about it from an in-universe standpoint. These characters aren't going to try to be accessible to the public. These characters don't want more bloggers, they don't want more people to become infected. They're writing for their own little community, not for Unfiction or any other group of Slenderfans. And that, more than anything, is what makes their world so immersible. Though of course you're free to disagree. Core Theory isn't for everyone. Wink

Last edited by Detective on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : conceding Maduin's point, adding information)
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 9:50 pm

That's for sure.

Of course I had more of an issue with incidents IN the generation, not the theory itself, it just got labelled as such.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 1:23 am

Unreliable? I daresay!

Nah, really, though, I was never given the "Scribe" title either...maybe because people started abandoning the whole Core Theory concept (to an extent) at about the time I started joining it.

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
taylortexas
Untainted
taylortexas

Current Win Points : 10

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 1:52 am

So.

What happened on the winter solstice?
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 3:34 am

Eh, might check it when I'm bored. ._. I like Chaos and everything, but damn... x.o
Back to top Go down

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 12:24 am

taylortexas wrote:
So.

What happened on the winter solstice?
Zero and Amelia (two of the Sages), and a few others, decided to try and fight Slendy. What actually happened is up to interpretation. There've been stories written about it - in fact, Zero encouraged people to come up with their own versions of what happened on that day.

Bottom line: No one actually knows. Zero might've been killed, maybe he wasn't. Maybe Slendy was injured, maybe that's wishful thinking.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 6:04 pm

zero wrote:
Hey, Zero here. Since my blog is done, thought I'd come
check out a few forum sites about the mythos. You guys seem nicer than
unfiction.

So, what's up?

I think that it's safe to say that, at the very least, zero won't be returning to his blog and is probably dead or otherwise incapacitated, although out-of-game, he's very much alive. Amirite, zero?

Andy
Back to top Go down

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 6:16 pm

DaLadybugMan wrote:
zero wrote:
Hey, Zero here. Since my blog is done, thought I'd come
check out a few forum sites about the mythos. You guys seem nicer than
unfiction.

So, what's up?

I think that it's safe to say that, at the very least, zero won't be returning to his blog and is probably dead or otherwise incapacitated, although out-of-game, he's very much alive. Amirite, zero?

Andy
I'd agree with that - that zero won't be making any more posts on that blog.

Up to us, the audience, to decide if he's alive or not, as he's said. We get to decide what's canon, isn't that exciting?
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:34 pm

well, I won't be returning in either way, hero or hallowed. The game's sort of gotten beyond me anyway. I haven't had time lately to even keep up with newer blogs, though I might have the chance soon.

If so I may create a new account under another name to leave a few comments here and there, but that'll be the extent of my return.

Hope you guys enjoyed the stories written, especially the ones in which I get offed, lol! But seriously, while some of that stuff has been rather 'me' focused, I think that we got some real interesting and fun stories out of that batman gambit my character pulled, and that's the thing we needed.

It's pretty funny though, when I look at it all. Out of Game, I am tired of the players not reacting 'properly' to slendy, yet In Game, I did what I could to help people remove that fear. It went horribly right!

Oh well.
Back to top Go down

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Yeah, Z, it became kind of a catch-22. I guess they didn't realize OOG that the blogs were still supposed to be scary. That's kind of how they degenerated into the pairing/shipping/lolfest they are today. At least some of them.

Sure hope it won't go back to the WE ARE INVINCIBLE IF WE ARE INCAPABLE OF FEELING FEAR! spiel again. :/

I wonder what Gen 4 will be like.

Heh, Z, you've predicted that SM will be turned into a Draco in Leather Pants, right? XD
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:17 pm

yeah, I did, I knew there were already some people who relished the idea of SM being a hottie, I figured it'd get out into full force.

I always felt that the s00perpowers pew pew pew was my fault, because I had talked about my good luck. I do believe in luck, I do believe I have good luck too! But that sort of opened a doorway, and what it opened was Zero's shame.

Well it got redeemed, I think Gen 3 ended on a good note.

speaking of such things, what the heck is up with the shipping BS? Jeff's all handing people all sorts of gizmos, guns, 'cures', and whatever anyone needs at the moment. Pfft, like you can frickin mail a gun and a license, and it's all good.

Annoys me.
Back to top Go down
Maduin
Observer
Maduin

Current Win Points : 67

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:49 pm

In all fairness, I think that Zeke, the H(a)unting crew, M and Hoso deserve their own threads, really. Robert just handed out the titles to them because that was his thing.

Also, I felt that everything was rushed after "Greenlight" nominated the new Sages, and I daresay that's what made the story deteriorate.

In a paradox, the in-game characters would want all the Nightmare Retardant possible to be applied to their tormentor, so that they'd be less vulnerable.
Back to top Go down
http://worstjestever.blogspot.com
zero
Stalked
zero

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:55 pm

I mentioned that myself, which is indeed a paradox.

On a secondary note, I wonder what happened to Amelia, she just stopped posting, I mean, it's all possible she was done, but I would like her player to post something, just for finality's sake.

also, how ya doing, Maduin? You're not dead yet? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thage the Minithulu
Observer
Thage the Minithulu

Current Win Points : 84

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:52 pm

Planning to retire Fizz soonish myself, and make a new, extremely ambiguous character that exists only in comments and short, cryptic blog posts, generally trying to lift the bloggers' spirits without actually getting targeted (at first).
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:16 pm

so, how're you planning on 'retiring'?
Back to top Go down
Glomple
Untainted
Glomple

Current Win Points : 18

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Zeke/Seeking Truth was around way before the Core Theory came about, I thought. I'm pretty sure he never really got into the whole Core Theory thing, even though he did comment on a lot of Slenderblogs.
Back to top Go down

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:16 pm

Perhaps you're right, Glomple, but Zeke was involved in Core Theory, like it or not. It's still a wonderfully awesome stand-alone blog. I just included it in the list because he had a title. >.> And therefore was part of CT.
Back to top Go down
Thage the Minithulu
Observer
Thage the Minithulu

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:41 am

Read Vivere Disce lately? I'm thinking Fizz gets stuck in Alien Geometries and ends up spending the rest of her days playing cat-and-mouse with Slendy in there when he's not out hunting victims.
Back to top Go down
ParaBellum
Untainted
ParaBellum

Current Win Points : 2

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:16 am

Thage wrote:
Planning to retire Fizz soonish myself, and make a new, extremely ambiguous character that exists only in comments and short, cryptic blog posts, generally trying to lift the bloggers' spirits without actually getting targeted (at first).

Hello, I'm Scott from Para Bellum. I've (obviously) seen the posts by your new character, it's pretty cool. I've recently cracked your code, however; do you want me to post the results on my blog, or would you like me to wait a while?
Back to top Go down
http://slendermanmustdie.blogspot.com/
Thage the Minithulu
Observer
Thage the Minithulu

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:06 am

ParaBellum wrote:
Thage wrote:

Hello, I'm Scott from Para Bellum. I've (obviously) seen the posts by your new character, it's pretty cool. I've recently cracked your code, however; do you want me to post the results on my blog, or would you like me to wait a while?
Your call, though you still won't get a straight answer out of me who the white rook is. Wink

edit: Late, but something occured to me. It wasn't so much supposed to be a code as it was just a peculiar writing style for the character, there's another post coming after I get home from work that'll shed a tiny bit of backstory on Thage.
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:19 pm

I don't know who did this

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AHintOfSerendipity

but thank you, I am humbled and esctatic that someone cared enough to give it its own page.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:35 pm

I noticed a lot of the Core Theory blogs got trope pages. The mainpage even has a section for it now.

I was all "this is pretty awesome." 8)
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:58 pm

for me it's mostly just the fact that I can see other people's PoVs about my blog. I never considered myself Badass or Determinator. Still don't, but it's nice to see others think that.

And even more impressively, is that Narm isn't listed here or on White Elephants. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 3:04 pm

*goes to add "So Bad It's Terrible" to trope page*

Nah, I'm just kidding. That's really gotta be flattering, zero. You gonna swoop in now and then and make a few "Word of God" edits?

Andy
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 3:11 pm

DaLadybugMan wrote:
*goes to add "So Bad It's Terrible" to trope page*

Nah, I'm just kidding. That's really gotta be flattering, zero. You gonna swoop in now and then and make a few "Word of God" edits?

Andy

not too certain what I'd change, except that I don't imagine Rika having the Most Common Super Power. However even that is up to the reader's interpretation, as is everything else in there.

There ARE two things I'd like people to realize about the blog's final entries, but I dunno if it'd be couth of me to add any more entries on there, especially on my own page.

However while on the subject, what can i do to open up a photobucket account that I have, so that people may browse the gallery, while only having the link to a few of the pictures?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Core Theory" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Core Theory"
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next