Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The minor theories thread

Go down 
+47
xyzombie
Hallow Sleeper
dasuberchin
The_Jewels_91x
sethlapod555
Grifen411
guitargler
Crusergirl
`shadE
Crawford Chaser
Ladnek
gbetch
TearsOfTheAmazon
Malus
vitofthemasked
MockingJay
joshmanfree
Nego
Broeckchen
bilo
Apples
TheVman22
MadameMiz
cowboyghostie
Slynesh
Sachael
Vivi
Zander
looby
quofomo
SuperRob45
DarkKaizer
Lux
Bard
PARADOX intent
Ulysses
WhiteWolf
Omega
Alice
BlackWolf
Mr. Jeebles
Satyrcynic
Neomenia
zero
Nedark
Empty
51 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Empty
Observer
Empty

Current Win Points : 23

The minor theories thread Empty
PostSubject: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 12:20 pm

For all the theories I've come up with/found that I don't feel like making seperate threads for.

"noentry" wasn't filmed by Jay.
We only see the hands of the person running the camera(s). It's fully possible it's either Alex, Jessica, or even some unknown person.

As for how it's on Jay's computer: either Slenderman, Masky (or totheark, if you think they're seperate) put it there.

And to steal something from TV Tropes:

Alex's middle initial is "R".
Alex R. Kralie.

Feel free to add post some of your own if you want.
Back to top Go down
Nedark
Stalked
Nedark

Current Win Points : 188

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:30 pm

HNNNNNNNNNNNNGHHH

-snip-

Last edited by Nedark on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cleaning up my reputation.)
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Kralie huh?

pronounced like Crowley?
Back to top Go down
Empty
Observer
Empty

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:22 pm

zero wrote:
Kralie huh?

pronounced like Crowley?
..I take it I should know what you're referencing, but I don't.
Back to top Go down
Neomenia
Anxious
Neomenia

Current Win Points : 14

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:11 pm

Empty wrote:
zero wrote:
Kralie huh?

pronounced like Crowley?
..I take it I should know what you're referencing, but I don't.

Aleister Crowley, the British occultist who was known as "The Great Beast".

I was under the impression that Kralie is pronounced "KRAH-lee" (as in "spa"), whereas Crowley would be "KROWW-lee" (as in "Yow!"), but I may be wrong.

Are there any theories going around about the coughing fits which Jay has? Or who was sleeping in the closet at the abandoned house (and why)?
Back to top Go down
Satyrcynic
Watched

Current Win Points : 187

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:47 pm

Kralie, to the best of my knowledge, is pronounced "Kray-lee". Alternately as Neomania described. By no means does it reference Crowley ("KROUGH-LEE").

Obviously, Alex R. Kralie = A.R.K. which supports all basic "Alex is the ark" theories, but one can also assume that the tropers invented this so-called fact, as it doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere in the series or by the makers in any interview. Equally likely, Alexs middle initial is H, and his name is a representation of the noise one makes when sighting Slender Man.

Coughing is a sign of becoming turned most likely. The person most likely sleeping in the closet would be Timasky, with another possibility being Jay, since he later wakes up there and might have spent god-knows-how-much time in that house between time warps and memory losses.

How about; what is the burned reality Jay enters, why does it exist, etc. Is it a part of the real world after a real fire, an alternate dimension owned by Slender Man, a hallucination caused be Turning, or what? Inb4 Silent Hill. Silent Hill everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Neomenia
Anxious
Neomenia

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:07 pm

I'm not sure I know what the burned reality is. In which entry is that found? Is it similar to the realm seen in the EMH "Slender Man" video?

And... is "KROUGH-LEE" "off" like cough, or "owe" like crow? Either way, I am shocked - shocked! - to learn that Ozzy Osbourne pronounced it incorrectly. Laughing

I thought perhaps sleeping in the closet was something someone was doing for protection. Sort of hoping being in an enclosed space might keep Slendy from being able to get a person. Then I'd, I dunno, start sleeping in a coffin or something....
Back to top Go down
Satyrcynic
Watched

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:16 pm

Ozzy doesn't pronounce. Ever.

Crowley is pronounced with an "ow" as in "wow". "KROW-LEE"/"KROUGH-LEE" depending on how you like to define. Using "KROW" tends to imply a short O.

Also, this burned reality at about 6:00 and also shown in other MH videos.
Back to top Go down
Neomenia
Anxious
Neomenia

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:22 pm

Okay. That's the burned reality. I'd always assumed it was just another part of the basement in that house. I think this piece of the puzzle helps me with my overall grasp of the series. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:27 pm

I always assumed that was a actual place, not another reality and that Brian's house has Alien Geometrys just leading to some weird ass basement still in the normal world. I don't think its ever been considered that Slendy needs to rest, and I'm not sure he does, but if he did that is where it would be.
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Empty
Observer
Empty

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 10:59 am

I always felt that basement was the exact same basement from that earlier entry, except distorted by Slenderradiation or something.
Back to top Go down
Nedark
Stalked
Nedark

Current Win Points : 188

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 11:01 am

I always thought it was either the basement of the abandoned house or another building entirely. Not a separate reality.
Back to top Go down
Empty
Observer
Empty

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 12:26 pm

New one:

The audio distortion is Slenderman talking.
He only causes video distortion.

Because not having a visible mouth =/= being able to verbally communicate.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf
Watched
BlackWolf

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 2:37 pm

So, whenever there's audio distortion in the videos, he's trying to speak?
Back to top Go down
Alice
Anxious
Alice

Current Win Points : 193

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 2:40 pm

This is a very likely and very minor theory I think:

Jay is racking up massive amounts of credit card debt.

Living in hotels for seven months? The cost of travelling to towns you've never been before? THREE CAMERAS, at least one of which you don't remember purchasing? Who's to say he hasn't been maxing out every card he had and getting new ones when the others maxed out? Besides, which is more important: your life or going into debt?

Alternatively, Jay comes from a wealthy family or else Slends has been making Masky go into banks to drop off the standard Monthly Slender Victim Compensation Check. I'll leave you with the image of Timmasky at your local bank.

You're welcome.

/handwaving how a person with no job or apparent money-making skills is paying for everything
Back to top Go down
http://holisticalice.livejournal.com/51505.html
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 2:41 pm

I think he can speak in your mind and the audio distortion is the same as visual distortion from him being on or near camera.
Back to top Go down
Satyrcynic
Watched

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 4:45 pm

Not_that_Alice wrote:

Living in hotels for seven months? The cost of travelling to towns you've never been before? THREE CAMERAS, at least one of which you don't remember purchasing? Who's to say he hasn't been maxing out every card he had and getting new ones when the others maxed out? Besides, which is more important: your life or going into debt?

Alternatively, Jay comes from a wealthy family or else Slends has been making Masky go into banks to drop off the standard Monthly Slender Victim Compensation Check. I'll leave you with the image of Timmasky at your local bank.

You're welcome.

/handwaving how a person with no job or apparent money-making skills is paying for everything

I adore this post, quoted for truth and winpointed. I thought this a million times near the end of MH1, and ever since. I understand that we all stretch reality to make up these stories, but I did have to snicker at the sheer unlikeliness of Jays situation.

What does he eat every day? How does he fuel the car? Are we to assume that he was infinitely rich before this all started happening and living off of his giant ass bank account? I guess economic recessions (insert left-wing argument here) don't effect ARGs.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 5:41 pm

Satyrcynic wrote:
Not_that_Alice wrote:

You're welcome.

I adore this post, quoted for truth and winpointed. I thought this a million times near the end of MH1, and ever since. I understand that we all stretch reality to make up these stories, but I did have to snicker at the sheer unlikeliness of Jays situation.

What does he eat every day? How does he fuel the car? Are we to assume that he was infinitely rich before this all started happening and living off of his giant ass bank account? I guess economic recessions (insert left-wing argument here) don't effect ARGs.

It's hard to tell but that's J from the Return Video, and it also explains his... profit.
The minor theories thread Return10
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf
Watched
BlackWolf

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Not_that_Alice wrote:

I imagine the tellers would just hand over bags of money to Masky, thinking he's a robber. And, since he makes the cameras distort, the police can't get a image of him to distribute, which is why he's still out and about.

But I still can't get the image of Masky walking in to deposit the check, with the teller shoving money to him screaming "JUST TAKE IT AND GO!"

Hey! That's something! Slendy could do it. He'd probably get a helluva lot more than $20...
Back to top Go down
Empty
Observer
Empty

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 11:05 pm

The ending won't clarify anything
Also, Santa Claus isn't real.
Back to top Go down
Neomenia
Anxious
Neomenia

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:42 pm

Empty wrote:
The ending won't clarify anything
Also, Santa Claus isn't real.

I could see Slendy (I assume you're using "Santa Claus" in the TV Tropes sense, for Slendy) not being real. So far, Jay hasn't actually seen him, except in videos from Alex (or TTA). I could imagine the whole thing being some bizarre prank played on Jay by the original Marble Hornets crew, but it seems unlikely (a long-term, expensive project which involves chasing Jay all over the place, for uncertain reasons?). The only point which troubles me about that is the way the Slendy-distortion shows up on videos recorded by Jay. So if Slendy isn't real, who is doing these things, and why? The best explanation I can think of is that the whole project is a prank. What we're seeing on youtube is not about Marble Hornets, Slendy, Masky, and all of that, but actually is Marble Hornets. Which is, in fact, true. So maybe that's some kind of meta-fictional twist? Hmm.

If either of these theories (those I quote, above) is true, will the appeal of MH diminish once the ending is revealed? Question
Back to top Go down
Alice
Anxious
Alice

Current Win Points : 193

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:23 pm

BlackWolf wrote:

But I still can't get the image of Masky walking in to deposit the check, with the teller shoving money to him screaming "JUST TAKE IT AND GO!"

Hey! That's something! Slendy could do it. He'd probably get a helluva lot more than $20...

He'd jump up on the counter, a la the dresser Entry #19 and stare into security cameras menacingly. Aaaand now I'm afraid to go to the bank. IS NO PLACE SAFE FROM YOU, SLENDER MAN?

...Santa Claus isn't real? D:
Back to top Go down
http://holisticalice.livejournal.com/51505.html
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:25 pm

Even if the police were to arrive at the bank, they would be powerless to stop Masky's tackling skills.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
Empty
Observer
Empty

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 10:47 pm

Neomenia wrote:
I could see Slendy (I assume you're using "Santa Claus" in the TV Tropes sense, for Slendy) not being real.
Actually, that was just a joke. Wasn't even aware it could be taken like that :^P
Quote :
So far, Jay hasn't actually seen him, except in videos from Alex (or TTA). I could imagine the whole thing being some bizarre prank played on Jay by the original Marble Hornets crew, but it seems unlikely (a long-term, expensive project which involves chasing Jay all over the place, for uncertain reasons?). The only point which troubles me about that is the way the Slendy-distortion shows up on videos recorded by Jay. So if Slendy isn't real, who is doing these things, and why? The best explanation I can think of is that the whole project is a prank. What we're seeing on youtube is not about Marble Hornets, Slendy, Masky, and all of that, but actually is Marble Hornets. Which is, in fact, true. So maybe that's some kind of meta-fictional twist? Hmm.

If either of these theories (those I quote, above) is true, will the appeal of MH diminish once the ending is revealed? Question
Pretty sure the creators have said they're not having everything turn out to be a prank, although they apparently love that theory.
Quote :
He'd jump up on the counter, a la the dresser Entry #19 and stare into
security cameras menacingly. Aaaand now I'm afraid to go to the bank. IS
NO PLACE SAFE FROM YOU, SLENDER MAN?
Nah, he'd just tackle the clerk. And then tackle the safe.

Masky is clearly a tactical genius.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf
Watched
BlackWolf

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 12:43 am

I'd pay to see Masky do that.

And if the makers of MH reveal that the whole series was a prank in the end, I'm personally going to find them and put my foot so far up their butts that they'll choke on my toes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The minor theories thread   The minor theories thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The minor theories thread
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next