Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

"Core Theory"

Go down 
+11
Stormecho
Omega
altiumvidetur
ParaBellum
Glomple
Thage the Minithulu
Maduin
Zander
taylortexas
DaLadybugMan
zero
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

"Core Theory" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 4:03 pm

...Oh shit. I didn't realize those pictures in the last post were from photobucket. I didn't bother investigating until now.

FOUND IT
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 4:05 pm

cool! you did find it! I guess noone else had the incentive to go looking in my gallery till now, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
altiumvidetur
Anxious
altiumvidetur

Current Win Points : 68

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 4:08 pm

*Goes to add "Unreliable Narrator" to the tvtropes page*.
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 4:21 pm

hey, we had to justify Amelia's sudden disappearance somehow, right?

I haven't talked to her OOCly at all, so I left it a possibility. I do wonder what happened to her though Sad

on an unrelated note, I frickin love Nightcrawler's solstice report that I got killed immediately, that's just awesome. and probably the most accurate!

the original solstice event plan was to have a lot of bloggers there, and write a fake story about what happened (which is pretty similar to the way it went down, except that the difference is there was an outline of what to write, and certain people were utterly confirmed to have been there.)

Here's the outline

1. Myself, Amelia, maybe Greenlight await arrival in a clearing near a treeline outside Indianapolis.
2. He shows himself
3. Agents/Hallowed show
4. Sages prepare for battle
5. Nightcrawler's team ambushes the Hallowed and Agents.
6. Slendy steps into the fray
7. I attack him as best I can, before being grappled and knocked aside.
8. Slendy advances on Amelia, up to her if she chooses combat or not
9. Greenlight appears, holds Slendy at bay
10. Laser carbines fire upon Slendy, from two men held in reserve, of Basroil squad. (or any other thing you'd like to have them do, NC)
11. I recover, go for Katana backstab (It has been speculated after all, that surprise attacks affect him)
12. Sword breaks, but pierces him, I add my stun gun to the blade to electrify him (dramatic purpose)
13. Greenlight produces the weapon, the knife, but is fully invested in holding Slendy at bay.
14. Amelia stabs Slendy. showing herself as our Hero
15. Sages and Slendy disappear in green light flash
16. Some Hallowed are freed

17. Slendy is gone, wounded but not dead.

The idea was that all surviving parties would write their own way of seeing how things went, with those same characteristics. That was to help enforce the reality of the event, help cement it in everyone's minds.
Back to top Go down
Maduin
Observer
Maduin

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Who has confirmed attendance on the solstice except you and Amelia?
And seriously, I love the preson who made the "A Really Bad Joke" page on TV Tropes Very Happy
I think I'll get to posting another entry tomorrow, in case anyone is anxious to see how things are developing.
Back to top Go down
http://worstjestever.blogspot.com
zero
Stalked
zero

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:26 pm

just another clue I left in that blog, Maduin. the only other confirmed party was Basroil squad. I left a link to their site in the blog page.

which is why, I might add, that I feel they're the most realistic of all the stories made.

whomever made your page, keeps calling you Crazy Awesome, that's pretty sweet, I must say. Very Happy

hey maybe it's Amelia doing it, that'd be pretty cool
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:28 pm

oh and technically Amelia didn't confirm, she stopped posting way before the Solstice.

which is why I said I might've killed her in a bad moment.
Back to top Go down
Thage the Minithulu
Observer
Thage the Minithulu

Current Win Points : 84

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:36 am

Ran this by James and AV last night, but I wanted the board's general opinion on Thage posting reports on the various 'games' Slender's played over the ages, starting with Lower Egypt (where he assumed the form of Anubis) or Ancient Greece, depending on the time frame involved because I'm terrible with B.C. After that, we head towards the Celts, then the Anglo-Saxons with a side helping of Norway, then on to Der Ritter, Renaissance Italy (namely Vienna), all's quiet until Colonial America (remember Roanoke?). Somewhere in there, he's also responsible for the bubonic plague (reality trying to accomodate his presence, and a mark for him to claim his victims). Again, silent until the Roaring 20s in America, and he gets more and more active and prevalent until the 2000s, when the SA thread causes him to grow in power to a level unknown since he posed as the Egyptian and Greek gods of death/the dead.

Each time period would get its own post, obviously.
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:46 am

I dunno about Egypt, and the godly mantles that that infers, but Roanoke would be an excellent idea! That itself is brilliant.

I think I'd try to keep him out of historical comparisons for the most part, I mean, saying that he was responsible for the great Chicago fire, the Bermuda triangle, Pompeii, and Waco would be a bit narmy (just using some random concepts to illustrate)

I don't think he should be equated to most/all of the paranormal events that have happened.

Roanoke works because of it's lesser known firstly, and second, it's still a mystery to this day, and it fits into his scheme.
Back to top Go down
Thage the Minithulu
Observer
Thage the Minithulu

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:52 am

zero wrote:
I dunno about Egypt, and the godly mantles that that infers, but Roanoke would be an excellent idea! That itself is brilliant.

I think I'd try to keep him out of historical comparisons for the most part, I mean, saying that he was responsible for the great Chicago fire, the Bermuda triangle, Pompeii, and Waco would be a bit narmy (just using some random concepts to illustrate)

I don't think he should be equated to most/all of the paranormal events that have happened.

Roanoke works because of it's lesser known firstly, and second, it's still a mystery to this day, and it fits into his scheme.
Generally, the idea is to associate him with various cultures, not so much to just use him as a copypaste of "a wizard did it." Examples like, say, in Egypt. The Biblical bit about everyone losing their first-born child and the X in sheep's blood? Slender took them and avoided those with a "Core Theory" - Page 2 133290 on the front door, the third plague was added in later by scholars who were transcribing the Torah to explain the mysterious wave of incidents that broke the camel's back, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:58 am

This sounds pretty pretty cool. I'd like to see how those posts turn out.

But a bit of a side note: the Greek god of death (Hades) was never portrayed as causing death; all he did was rule over the underworld. In fact, if you compare him to the other Greek gods, he was actually among the nicest, so I think you'd need to find something else for Slendy to pose as. Perhaps someone like Erebus.
Also has a similar problem with Anubis; poor guy never actually did anything evil enough to be associated with Slender Man. A lot of Anubis's portrayals as evil are caused by how our culture views death in a very different light than the ancient Egyptians. A better Egyptian figure might be Apep, who is considered a god of evil. He's also portrayed as a snake, which could tie in with tentacle-ness.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
Thage the Minithulu
Observer
Thage the Minithulu

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:00 am

Omega wrote:
This sounds pretty pretty cool. I'd like to see how those posts turn out.

But a bit of a side note: the Greek god of death (Hades) was never portrayed as causing death; all he did was rule over the underworld. In fact, if you compare him to the other Greek gods, he was actually among the nicest, so I think you'd need to find something else for Slendy to pose as. Perhaps someone like Erebus.
Also has a similar problem with Anubis; poor guy never actually did anything evil enough to be associated with Slender Man. A lot of Anubis's portrayals as evil are caused by how our culture views death in a very different light than the ancient Egyptians. A better Egyptian figure might be Apep, who is considered a god of evil. He's also portrayed as a snake, which could tie in with tentacle-ness.
Ooh, thanks for the factoids!
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:06 am

okay some of that is pretty interesting. and you summed up my reservations better than I could, at work.

The red X idea I really like! It adds some possible background merit to the operator symbol.

Something I might suggest is continuing down a path I speculated on, that firstly, if he does his thing to you, he actually takes your soul, and you don't get an afterlife, or that he exists as a cancer in the afterlife as well.

Those sort of things, I feel, have more of an unexplored feel to them.

I do caution you from defining him and his goals if you do try to create more lore about him. Fear of the unknown and all that...
Back to top Go down
Thage the Minithulu
Observer
Thage the Minithulu

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:11 am

zero wrote:
okay some of that is pretty interesting. and you summed up my reservations better than I could, at work.

The red X idea I really like! It adds some possible background merit to the operator symbol.

Something I might suggest is continuing down a path I speculated on, that firstly, if he does his thing to you, he actually takes your soul, and you don't get an afterlife, or that he exists as a cancer in the afterlife as well.

Those sort of things, I feel, have more of an unexplored feel to them.

I do caution you from defining him and his goals if you do try to create more lore about him. Fear of the unknown and all that...
I personally feel that what's lost from the fear of the unknown is made up for by knowing he's been at this for thousands of years, and despite constant efforts to fight him back, they've all failed.
Back to top Go down
altiumvidetur
Anxious
altiumvidetur

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:43 pm

Reason # 3294 that the Call of Cthulhu role-playing game is awesome: The indexes of "Historic and Commercial Curiosities", "Disasters Natural and Manmade" and "Events Occult, Criminal and Futurist". They mostly only cover the last hundred years, but I'll get some of the more interesting ones up when I can.

For example, though

1904: At Wimbledon, England, an intense and inexplicable darkness occurs for 10 minutes (April 17), ghost-like dogs exhume potters-field corpses and eat them.
1905: Sheep are killed and their blood sucked from them; renewed Druid solstice ceremonies at Stonehenge.

I'll add more after I get back from class/lunch/work/art/movie night, if you guys like.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:51 pm

altiumvidetur wrote:
Reason # 3294 that the Call of Cthulhu role-playing game is awesome: The indexes of "Historic and Commercial Curiosities", "Disasters Natural and Manmade" and "Events Occult, Criminal and Futurist". They mostly only cover the last hundred years, but I'll get some of the more interesting ones up when I can.

For example, though

1904: At Wimbledon, England, an intense and inexplicable darkness occurs for 10 minutes (April 17), ghost-like dogs exhume potters-field corpses and eat them.
1905: Sheep are killed and their blood sucked from them; renewed Druid solstice ceremonies at Stonehenge.

I'll add more after I get back from class/lunch/work/art/movie night, if you guys like.

You get winpoints for Call of Cthulhu. And for quoting Svidrigailov in your sig.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:05 pm

Omega wrote:
*late*

Also, possibly Set. He was a pretty cool guy.

I love that you're putting him back in history. Makes him way more creepy, imo.

Also this.
Thage wrote:
I personally feel that what's lost from the fear of the unknown is made up for by knowing he's been at this for thousands of years, and despite constant efforts to fight him back, they've all failed.
Back to top Go down
altiumvidetur
Anxious
altiumvidetur

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:03 am

Here are some more events that could be related back to Slendy:

1895: Peasants near Odessa, Russia, attacked by a strange beast, H.H. Homes maintains basement rooms with acid baths, torture devices, and dissection theaters in his hotel in Chicago.

1896: Thousands of dead birds are found around Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

1897: The "Jig-saw murder", in which pieves of a corpse were found scattered around NY Harbour.

1902: The Freya is discovered dismantled but otherwise undamaged, her crew is never found.

1908: A woman burns to death in her bed without the bed sheets being damaged or scorched.

1910: Fresh blood falls from the sky in South America.

And on the Core Theory itself, apparently it's not over yet...
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:15 am

DaLadybugMan wrote:
Unreliable? I daresay!

Nah, really, though, I was never given the "Scribe" title either...maybe because people started abandoning the whole Core Theory concept (to an extent) at about the time I started joining it.

Andy

and yes you did, I gave it to you, iirc
Back to top Go down
Stormecho
Untainted
Stormecho

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Ye gods, the TVTropes pages for the Core theory made me squee like a horrible, rabid fangirl.

The idea of Slendy appearing and causing disasters in the past, revealing a linked chain of events but without any reason as to why he was doing it... It is quite chilling. Also, woah, so many people I'm a huge fan of are posting here. x3

Apparently Robert is coming back, according to redlight in this post. Or am I regurgitating old or useless news? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:01 pm

Stormecho wrote:
Ye gods, the TVTropes pages for the Core theory made me squee like a horrible, rabid fangirl.

The idea of Slendy appearing and causing disasters in the past, revealing a linked chain of events but without any reason as to why he was doing it... It is quite chilling. Also, woah, so many people I'm a huge fan of are posting here. x3

Apparently Robert is coming back, according to redlight in this post. Or am I regurgitating old or useless news? Razz
Oh f***.
Back to top Go down
altiumvidetur
Anxious
altiumvidetur

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 7:19 pm

And... White Elephants got all deleted-y again.

Sigh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:29 pm

GODDAMNIT

HERE COMES GOOGLE CACHE TO SAVE THE DAAAAY~
Back to top Go down
Glomple
Untainted
Glomple

Current Win Points : 18

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:32 pm

White Elephants: "Oh, I think I gave people enough time to read my posts. 30 minutes is enough, right? Right."

*delete*

Razz
Back to top Go down
altiumvidetur
Anxious
altiumvidetur

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:34 pm

http://fighthimuntiltheend.blogspot.com/2011/01/questions.html

Look who has easy amnesia! So Rob is back, and apparently useless. Yay?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Core Theory"
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next