Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The Department

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PlanetNiles
Untainted
PlanetNiles

Current Win Points : 4

The Department Empty
PostSubject: The Department   The Department EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:11 am

Firstly I should point out that The Department is a blog for the fictional Department that my wife and I are in the process of creating a series of novels for. Thus there will be references to things not properly explained (because that would be spoilers for our novels) and not everything will be Slendy related.

Secondly The Department is a secret government agency concerned with the occult defense of the realm; the realm in question being Great Britain and it's territories. This means that there can be problems interacting with things stateside.

Thirdly in the setting of The Department narrative is the most powerful form of magic[k]. This is why a secret organisation would have a public blog and a series of novels about it. Indeed the word "fiction" has a different meaning to The Department (being a unit of narrative force and it's pronounced FICT-yon).

So if you consider this a 'police/espionage' procedural then you're somewhere on the right track.

The Department
Back to top Go down
http://departmenty.wordpress.com/
LostSkeleton
Anxious
LostSkeleton

Current Win Points : 24

The Department Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Department   The Department EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:25 am

interesting idea. I know there's a blog about an American agency after slenderman,but this is way more in depth. I like it.
Back to top Go down
PlanetNiles
Untainted
PlanetNiles

The Department Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Department   The Department EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:55 am

I had the feeling that the American agency was some sort of privately funded thing with little or no direct authority. It also seemed to be a lot about shooting things and not much else which seems somewhat lame to me. IMHO (I nearly said IME) there's very few supernatural creatures that can be take down by firearms; vampires (hawthorn flechette), werewolves (silver, naturally), fae (cold forged iron) and ghosts (yew flechette) are the only ones that come to mind off the top of my head. Wink

I plan to beard over a 'weapons catalog' in a future post.

Oh, and thank you. Smile
Back to top Go down
PlanetNiles
Untainted
PlanetNiles

The Department Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Department   The Department EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:57 pm

I'm finding interacting with other blogs to be a minefield.

So I'm planning to wrap up my Slenderblogging, although not the Department blog, in June next year. To this end I've dropped all my other arcs and gone straight to the Slender Falls arc.

Slender Falls is a town in British Columbia run by the department. From the air it looks like an Operator Sigil. Supposedly it is a haven for Runners with wards not even Slenderman can penetrate and it does work like that, up to a point. When there is enough Runners in Slender Falls even Slendy's reluctance to approach the department will overcome his desire to get to the Runners. At this point Slender Falls becomes a giant trap, for the Slenderman.

The Slenderman is the Hero of the Slenderblogs. The department intend to lure him into their lair and once they get him there they won't sit around stroking a cat and explaining their scheme to him. Nor are they are going to put him a deathtrap and leave him alone to perish while they go off and do stuff.

No they're going to put the equivalent of a gun to his head and pull the trigger.

JUNE 6TH 2012, during the transit of Venus, Slenderman will die.

The place is marked
The runners will come
The brightest star
Will eclipse the sun
Slender Falls

Okay the fact is that Slenderman's passing will result in it becoming entirely fictional. All the Slenderblogs would become, as far as the Department is concerned, just stories.

So I'm opening invitations for people to send their runner characters to Slender Falls either for temporary refuge or long term safety.

Last edited by PlanetNiles on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : RL distracted me.)
Back to top Go down
PlanetNiles
Untainted
PlanetNiles

The Department Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Department   The Department EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:21 am

Things have taken a downward turn:

Requiem
Back to top Go down
PlanetNiles
Untainted
PlanetNiles

The Department Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Department   The Department EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 6:43 pm

It's time. The beginning of the end:

Changing of the Guard
Back to top Go down
PlanetNiles
Untainted
PlanetNiles

The Department Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Department   The Department EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 7:33 am

Okay I'm just drawing a line under this here and now.

A Death Trap called "Slender Falls"

"Then There Was"

And that's a wrap. Feel free to move this thread to Finished Series, or whatever.

I'm done with Slender Man. There will be more Department stories but hopefully without me as a lead character.

Bye.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Department Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Department   The Department Empty

Back to top Go down

The Department
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Finished Series-
Jump to: