Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Shameless self-plugs

Go down 
+83
thisistheend
Lumine
BlueMarble
thexlastxdalek
Outlander
C.K.DexterHaven
spawn250
Elastik55
TheArmadaBledd
whateverworks
Lilylil
SaigoSentinel
guitargodd97
Etreo
OhWhatProvidence
Huaimoitu
pseudomuse
Alaune
Mortisyn
DaLadybugMan
TheHiveMinded
theslenderfiles
Konaa
Stovetop
darkje
guildcarver
GlobalWolf
zero
Red Mor
kali_awake
RedXMoonXArcher
Yuuasou
Snore-De-Bliss
TheSpectatorAboveYou
Dr. Squirtle
MilesHarriot
rollin.frank
Anwolf
sgtomally
BoatWithAHoleInIt
LisaEvermore
NearTheEnd
Machine Gun Cynic
Vohn_exel
EmzyandLolita
Mennos
Ceb18
SlenderderpWarrior
Untaunted
KaidaX
alliterator
housecat94
FreedomCaged
proxiehunter
ExorcistGamer
theraggedyman
CheckersValentine
matt.c.siddorn
MarbleBumblebee
sethlapod555
Kashi
Mad(x)Hatter
altiumvidetur
arsenicPopsicle
Setoth93
bracko81
DannyMurrayLives
Stansnowman
Cougar Draven
Sam4books
LoveHopeRainbows
Wintermarch
Alder
Crusergirl
Malus
Chris
BananaBrains
Ladnek
projectrallus
Mr. Jeebles
Hiker
CuteWithoutThe
wulfe59
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
FreedomCaged
Observer
FreedomCaged

Current Win Points : 116

Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:28 am

O.k., I've been here a week, time to self-plug ... Shamlessly.

*Puts on a big smile, no like really big, like when you go used car shopping and the salesman gives you that really big smile that makes you intensly uncomfortable, that kind of smile*

Have I got a deal for you: not one, but two blogs in a single post!!!!1!!one!!!1! These to up and coming masterpeices are sure to blow you away, you'll be so addicted that you'll want to make them your homepage!!!!! Our first blog for you isAn Investigation this blog focuses mainly on the research done by a young somewhat eccentric college student who seems to have made a deal with the Slender Man!!! Having found a way to keep safe, or protagonist is given the option of staying completly uninvolved in the war between runners and Slendy and his Proxies, but will he remain neutral, or will he ultimantely decide to choose a side ... nobody knows!!!!!(Okay, probably everybody knows, but it's actually a ways in the future, and I still haven't decided fully which side he'll join.) This exciting blog will cronicle his studies, both into the Slender Man, and into other topics, and will sometimes even feature stories from his actual life!!!!! The next blog we have for you is THE CAGE, a seperate look into the somewhat shattered psyche of our hero!!!!! It is an almost unreadable blog, with no content worth dicussing, but its role in the future has yet to be revealed!!!!!1!1!! Learn all about these blogs and more by following the links above, tune in reguruarly to find out what happens!!!!!!!

*Relaxs smile, begins messaging jaw musscles and goes to the corner to cry, WITHOUT SHAME, hopeing this actually increases my blog membership.*

Last edited by FreedomCaged on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed links)
Back to top Go down
Hiker
Untainted
Hiker

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Hiker plugs another of his blogs!   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:54 am

So, yep, I've got myself another blog.

The Hunter in the Dark

So the basic premise here is a simple one, no super powered proxies (and above all, no maskie clones), no supernatural anything (Except slenders, of course) just a person adapting to the situation in a different way than most.

I'll try to keep this updated fairly regularly, but yeah. Here it is. I'd love some feedback (Mostly critique) on it, and, well, if you have a heart, click the follow button.
Back to top Go down
housecat94
Untainted
housecat94

Current Win Points : 15

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:35 pm

Hello, there. I might be a bit late to post in this thread, but even a blog like mine needs some publicity.

Though I'll probably be flamed horribly for it, the point of my blog is research into how to kill the Slender Man. I'm looking into things others might not have noticed, as well as including the meta-natural in my discussions.

So far, all I've done is provide my definitions of magic and relate them to Slender Man. Oh, and a couple of pictures that I really lucked out in being able to take.

I can't really decide where to start, however; should I expand on the weakness to electricity that some blogs have stated, or should I go into different materials like brass and obsidian?

This is all OOC, by the way; I just write in speeches normally.

SlenderSword. Probably should put its name in. Link is fighttheslenderone.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
alliterator
Observer
alliterator

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:24 pm

Some people may have noticed a blogger by the name of the Aleph commenting on blogs. That's me. It's a sort of weird Jorge Luis Borges-type blog I'm running with. Right now, it's more Slenderblog than Fearblog, but more Fears will show up eventually.
Back to top Go down
housecat94
Untainted
housecat94

Current Win Points : 15

PostSubject: The Self-Plug of housecat94   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 9:49 pm

Hello, all. I'm not exactly sure how to make this post sound any better than it is. Needless to say, this isn't a "shameless" self-plug; I am quite ashamed.

Also, apologies in advance for my style of writing. I find it very easy to write in this formal manner, and have accustomed myself to it over the last few years.

[Warning! In-Character Ahead! Warning]

My blog is SlenderSword. I am researching ways to kill that which has tormented us so. The blog is for mere asthetics, really; just a place to list all of my dead-ends and false leads while I narrow the search down enough before I die a gruesome death at the tendrils of darkness.

Take care, and may the Four watch over you all.

[Descending From In-Character, Out-Of-Character Ahead]

Yep.

I am well aware that my postings will likely not be accepted as canonical, but I am simply trying to expand on the mythos and exert my influence upon the online community.

If you would be so kind to help me along the process, by giving me advice or telling me what I did wrong/right, I would be grateful. As a fledgling writer, still in high school, any advice can be good advice.

Also, what would be a good way of integrating myself into the blogging community? I've left a few comments on other blogs, but I am finding it difficult to leave comments of use to the mythos or the characters in them.

Thanks in advance for any and all help given.
Back to top Go down
alliterator
Observer
alliterator

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 10:15 pm

This is a good page to read about advertising your blog. Basically, commenting on more well-known/popular blogs is good if you do it well.
Back to top Go down
KaidaX
Untainted
KaidaX

Current Win Points : 9

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 12:19 am

Half Slenderblog and half Vlog, Overlooking South MaywoodI posted about it in the video Trailhead section but the story is more then just the You tube series.
Please check it out, the story is going somewhere, I've just now am done with in into to the character stage of the plot. I'm so excited for what I have planned, but all I need is readers.
Back to top Go down
http://overlookingsouthmaywood.wordpress.com/
Untaunted
Anxious
Untaunted

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:20 pm

I probably should have posted one of these months ago, but I was waiting until my blog showed it's true colours as a slenderblog. Then, when I finally made the post that made it evident the operator was present in my character's life, I didn't have time to post here. Since then, I've been literally up to my ankles in coursework (you should see my room - paper everywhere!) and I haven't had time for checking Facebook never mind plugging my blog. Anyway, with exams coming up, I don't have so many lectures to go to, so I've decided to take this opportunity (before my post count climbs even higher *winces*) while it's here.

So, Living With The Madness starts out as the blog of a sixteen year-old girl who has been suffering from an unspecified mental illness as long as she can remember. She shares a home with and is looked after by her psychiatrist mother and her stay-at-home dad, and in the past has mostly been home-schooled. In one of the first posts, she reveals that she may have sighted the Slender Man when she was younger, but passed it off as one of her hallucinations. The blog initially chronicles her starting college, making friends, and becoming more socially aware. It isn't until a few months later that she realises her life wasn't as safe as she thought it was.

Character: Barbara [Gordon] is at first a pretty cautious individual. Her life experience has taught her that she shouldn't trust everyone she meets and so has a tendency to be vague or unsociable, at least in her comments to the rest of the slenderverse. She is interested in science and likes watching science fiction and fantasy films/programmes when she isn't on her laptop playing flash games.
What with her limited experience with society, Barb starts out as a shy character, her confidence increasing slightly as she makes new friends. Eventually she is able to be open with people about most of her thoughts and feelings, and even though she has no experience of the troubles her fellow bloggers are facing, she tries to give support wherever she can.
Barb's emotions can sometimes get the better of her, though. Having, in her mind, reached the bottom of the moral pit at times in the past, she often feels she has to make it up by putting other people's needs before her own. And on top of that, sometimes her own mind rebels against her; her semi-alter-ego, Susan, placing misanthropic observations in her thought-path.
This viewpoint is understandable. Any time that Barb has ventured into larger society and opened up to people, it's almost always ended with alienation, taunting and often beating. However, her mother would talk to her, and help her to see that not everyone was like the bullies, that society was made up of many different kinds of people, some of them better than others.

Plot: After initially discovering the Slender Man after a comment on a gaming site (this bit hasn't been stated, btw, so for the moment it's just backstory), Barbara decides to do more research and starts following several blogs and vlogs. When she realises it's becoming a struggle to keep up with so many blogs (her browser was beginning to suffer from the amount of open tabs, and her favourites list was growing out of control) she decides, against her gut feeling, that she'll have to make a blogger account. It's not too bad, as it allows her to comment on the blogs as well.
She decides to make a couple of posts introducing herself, and decides that with the start date for her course approaching, she should get used to the idea of talking about herself. She starts posting about college, family, hallucinations, basically anything interesting that happens to her, and eventually she starts to make friends with other bloggers. Although she can't give them any advice about their situation, she provides people with emotional support and encouragement.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The rest of the blog continues from there.

Author's comments: In hindsight, I really shouldn't have spent so much time defining my character at the beginning. There are fifteen posts before I put my carefully planned plotline into action, which exist purely for characterisation and character development. You could probably skip most of them out. In fact, here's a little reading list in case you don't want to read forty posts to get up to date:
Spoiler:
I've tried to make the blog as well-written as possible while still maintaining realism. If you read it, you can let me know how that worked out. And if you do decide to trawl through all of the character development, could you maybe let me know how I've done? For instance, if it comes off as natural given what the character's been through?

At the beginning, and still to a certain extent, the blog was pretty much character-based, with no real over-arching plot line other than the gradual changes in Barb's character. Now that Slender's involved, I'm aiming for an exciting plot with much tension and self-doubt. Mystery surrounds many of the events in Barbara's life, and often she realises her question when the opportunity to have it answered has just slipped by.

All in all, I've tried to make it entertaining for my readers (even when there were none), no matter what's going on in the story. I've tried to make a character that's interesting but is easy to identify/sympathise with. And with that character, I've tried to create a story that will stimulate people emotionally and intellectually as they ride alongside Barb in a world that can be insanely brilliant and woefully threatening.

[^Ooh, look at me being all pretentious and stuff. It's a blog. Go read it, and if you like it, keep watching. There's much more still to come.]
Back to top Go down
SlenderderpWarrior
Untainted

PostSubject: Pet Sematary!   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:40 pm

yus! http://buriedinapetsematary.blogspot.com This is my new slenderblog! the whole things is, well, done Stephen King style. And there will be an equivalent of Masky named 30seconds and I have no idea why. He talks, and I have such an odd mask design. I re-used the design from a very old proxy character. Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 30seconds1
Yea, there ya go. 30seconds. And the main character's only known name will be Limecloud! 8D A name i use for almost everything! The slendy is...well...he has the tentacles, he can talk (i'm sorry i just have to have it that way XD) but his voice is very distorted, he fools you into thinking he won't hurt you but at the last minute BAM!!! you're dead. He also can control your dreams! Very sadistic and narcissitic. 30seconds...well..nobody knows if he's helping Slendy or not, but his actions tend to lean towards Limecloud's favor. I will be posting the first entry after this is posted. So yea, check it out!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ceb18
Untainted
Ceb18

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:45 am

melodycalling.blogspot.com

It's my first slenderblog, so be kind :p
Back to top Go down
Mennos
Observer
Mennos

Current Win Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 7:16 pm

I have a vlog (TheUndecidedFive) at this point in time, but as soon as I get more things worked out in my head, I'll be starting a blog.
Back to top Go down
EmzyandLolita
Untainted
EmzyandLolita

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Two blogs by two girls   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 6:54 pm

First, the joint blog between Emzy and Lolita:
http://youarenotawake.blogspot.com/
^This one is farther in that the second one: It is about two girls, a death, an arm, a cat, and a man in a suit. I'm not even kidding.

---

Alright Slendernation, now behold Emzy's first attempt at a solo slenderblog. Right now, there is no mention of Slenderman. None at all. But as the blog evolves, Slenderman will be the main attraction of this tale of a girl named Selina.
I plan on introducing something I don't think any other Slenderblogs have done yet, and if there have been, then I'm just slow to come up with an idea.

Basically, the blog starts out as kind of 'Slice of life' with a few things off.... Then things go to heck...

Here you all go:
http://earlgreyandblack.blogspot.com/

Last edited by EmzyandLolita on Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updating)
Back to top Go down
http://youarenotawake.blogspot.com
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

Current Win Points : 33

PostSubject: So, I'd appreciate feedback (Someone in my house)   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 1:59 pm

So, just for the heck of it, I started a blog. I might tie this in with a video series I plan to make someday (it won't be Slender man, but I kind of want it to tie into the universe...but that's a different story.) or maybe I'll just leave it as a story of it's own. Anyway, I'm just doing it for fun, and I did it on a whim so I don't expect it to be a masterpiece. I'm not real into the "cannon universe" so I'm just going to make this blog for fun based on what I know of Slender man for now.

I've dated the entries so it seems like I made them earlier, but I know that my profile will say when I really joined...I have something simple planned for this, but yeah I might just leave it and not say anything. I have some ideas for story but I don't think I'm going anywhere super impressive with this. I've pretty much just taken my life and myself so far as the character, with a few changes (working at KFC for instance. I once did but no longer do. The "me" in the story still does.) I plan on writing more and then getting the blog "up to speed" with the current date, and then just kind of going on from there. The previous blog entries are just to make sure there is something leading up to the current date, as well as setting up some future plot points. If you enjoy it even in the slightest, I'll be happy, but I'm not really expecting much, lol. But, I would like some reviews, If ya'll don't mind.

Since I can't post links, the title is "Someone in my house" and you just make that all one word and then the usual (dot)blogspot(dot)com. You should be able to find it that way! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://thegungancouncil.yuku.com
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Topics Merged.

If plugging a blog, please use this thread.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Machine Gun Cynic
Taken
Machine Gun Cynic

Current Win Points : 25

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:29 pm

Doing a slendy blog. Posted first thingie. First time, be easy.

http://impersonaljournal.blogspot.com/2011/12/hello-anyone-who-cares.html
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:45 pm

I'm working with Mennos and a few others on TheUndecidedFive. It's a big project and the support so far is fantastic! Thank you to everyone who's watched us already, and thanks to all those who plan to! Its much appreciated.
-Near
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
LisaEvermore
Taken
LisaEvermore

Current Win Points : 139

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 4:12 am

I know most of you don't remember me or my derpin' slenderblog, but I figured since it is almost the 1 yr. anniversary of Hard Times Like These... I'd pimp it out again.

Oh! Also, one of my readers may begin posting on a blog he is writing to accompany mine. I did not ask/tell him to, in fact I sorta told him not to waste his time and creativity, but he really likes Hard Times and wanted to provide an added element to the story, so if I do decided to support his fanblog, I will be sure to post a link here for anyone that would be interested. He is Welsh so it is sure to be mega-classy. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://littlemsgreeneyes.tumblr.com/
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

Current Win Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:45 am

Mr. Jeebles wrote:
Topics Merged.

If plugging a blog, please use this thread.

Thanks.

Sorry, I don't know how how I missed this sticky, I thought for sure I looked for everywhere to post it. I feel like an idiot now...
Back to top Go down
http://thegungancouncil.yuku.com
alliterator
Observer
alliterator

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:25 pm

I'm bringing Faded Giants back. I'm determined to finish the story this time.

For those who haven't read it, it's Cyberpunk Slender Man. Slenderpunk!
Back to top Go down
proxiehunter
Anxious

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:42 pm

You may have seen him posting on blogs both Slender and Fear. Today he started his own. I present Proxiehunter's blog: The Most Dangerous Game. Like M he proposes to offer advice on how to survive the menace of not only Slenderman but the Fear mythos as well. Unlike M he's a violent homicidal bastard.
Back to top Go down
BoatWithAHoleInIt
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 12:08 pm

So you know how I posted a blog a while ago? You know how it really sucked and I deleted it? Yeah, I made a new one. I hope it won't suck this time, and I'm trying, honest! A Forgotten Police Case
Back to top Go down
sgtomally
Untainted
sgtomally

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:07 pm

Well, Just started working on my first blog after a while of thinking about it. Here it is: Deriving the Past
Back to top Go down
Anwolf
Untainted
Anwolf

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 4:05 am

www dot blogofaboredkid.blogspot dot com

Recently started my first slenderblog. No actual sighting of slendy yet by the main character. But if you can decipher one of the posts, you can tell it's gonna be about slenderman.
Slenderman probably won't properly appear for a few posts.
I hope some of you enjoy it Smile
Back to top Go down
rollin.frank
Untainted

Current Win Points : -2

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 4:05 pm

I mentioned it in my welcome post when I fist became a member, but not that I can link it, I figure I might as well. We've got the first three videos up, the first two are kind of boring intro videos, but the 3rd one really kicks it up a notch. Check it out, please and thank you.

www.youtube.com/thisisthemonkeyhouse
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thisisthemonkeyhouse
MilesHarriot
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 1:49 am

http://mountainflashofmadness.blogspot.com/2011/12/consternation.html

A new blog made by me and my friend Shannen, thanks for making this thread! Heeps of thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shameless self-plugs   Shameless self-plugs - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shameless self-plugs
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next