Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Garry's Mod Slendervlog

Go down 
+9
Crusergirl
ChaosGamma
Karanoch
ExorcistGamer
Ladnek
The Slender Man
CheckersValentine
Malus
ShyRonny
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ShyRonny
Untainted
ShyRonny

Current Win Points : 5

Garry's Mod Slendervlog Empty
PostSubject: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:36 am

Everyone is making Slendervlogs about Slendy stalking them in life and messing up there cameras, so why not Slenderman stalking you in a video game?
I like it, don't know if the Slender community really wants something like this (kind of differs from the usual)
I like constructive criticism, if it sucks, tell me why please. If you like it, tell me why :3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr0ngQZ6zks
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:45 am

I like the idea behind it. Reminds me of BEN DROWNED, in a way. It's like saying... NOWHERE IS SAFE, NOT EVEN AN ONLINE GAME.

However, the one thing I don't like is the video itself. It's too dark to really see anything, which might have been the approach you're going for. It was also a bit too long until you got to seeing Slendy, so I was kind of going "Where is he already? >.<"

There's also a some horror taken out of it in the sense that Slendy isn't appearing outside and threatening you - that is, if you stick with just the GMOD videos. However, if you show us that Slendy is affecting you in real life somehow, that might be beneficial for you.
Back to top Go down
ShyRonny
Untainted
ShyRonny

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:53 am

yeah an Idea I had was going for way to dark.
And I know the video was a little long lol
I had an idea that after a while more occurrences happen in GMOD, it starts becoming more of a real life thing.
Not sure how i would approach it, but I have time to think about it Lol
Thanks for the feedback ^_^
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:56 am

No problem! Good luck on your series!
Back to top Go down
CheckersValentine
Stalked
CheckersValentine

Current Win Points : 101

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 2:23 am

I have to agree. Too dark to see much. Although I don't think it's necessarily too long, as many people make the mistake of showing him too quickly, so much as there's not a whole lot going on up the slendershoot. Maybe it'd be more interesting if my speakers weren't jacked up, but maybe if you had more audio...maybe an in-game mic, something that gave us a sense of paranoia/fear before he even makes an appearance.

It's an interesting concept. Certainly reminscent of BEN DROWNED, which I approve of. Keep us updated.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:38 am

Perhaps having yourself talking to others while looking for the other person, too? I can imagine someone talking to their friends via Skype or something like that while this is going down.
Back to top Go down
The Slender Man
Anxious
The Slender Man

Current Win Points : 21

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 12:46 pm

I tried making something like that, I couldn't handle the barrage of programming that I'd have to do.
Along with the animation, model making, level design etc.
Back to top Go down
ShyRonny
Untainted
ShyRonny

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:37 pm

This is just a little "update" type video I made. I have an idea where this is going tot go, but it wouldn't make sense if I just jumped into it, so I did this "filler" thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcsCo4bjtlE

Btw thanks for the feedback everyone :3
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:09 pm

People don't really like 'filler' type stuff like this, so be forewarned that you might get some negative feedback on it.

Also, I felt it might have gone better if Slendy had only appeared for a second or so, maybe obscured by something so as to make it less obvious, rather than appearing for a few seconds towards the end of the video. Don't follow a pattern of him only appearing at the end of the video, otherwise it will become predictable.

I hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
ShyRonny
Untainted
ShyRonny

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:12 pm

Malus wrote:
People don't really like 'filler' type stuff like this, so be forewarned that you might get some negative feedback on it.

Also, I felt it might have gone better if Slendy had only appeared for a second or so, maybe obscured by something so as to make it less obvious, rather than appearing for a few seconds towards the end of the video. Don't follow a pattern of him only appearing at the end of the video, otherwise it will become predictable.

I hope that helps!

Haha thanks! I don't really like filler either, I just had set idea, but I didn't know how I would bind the Fraps - Camera error and the other idea I have for one video. So that's why I made this filler/update thing lol. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

Current Win Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:40 pm

That first video was creepy, and I agree that there needs to be some real-life consequences. However, I was on edge for most of the time.

Maybe a real-life consequence could be like you are on a building for some reason, then you turn around, see Slendy and accidentally back off of it. The next morning, you wake up and your leg is broken. I don't know, something like that.

The second one, it's good you're trying to not rush into anything, but if you're going to have Slenderman in it, try not to make it as obvious, and like Malus said, not always at the end of the video.

This has potential. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
ShyRonny
Untainted
ShyRonny

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:39 pm

Back to top Go down
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

Current Win Points : 143

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:33 pm

This does have potential, colour me interested.

I'm glad to see you've thought of the flaws in it being solely Gmod videos too so I look forward to seeing how you work your way around everything.

So far the only problems I have, have already been touched upon. First video had a nice atmosphere but was too dark, second video followed the same pattern as the first with Slendy appearing right at the end again.

But other then that, looks good so far and it's a nice fresh take for a new entry to the Slender Mythos.

This especially appeals to me because I’ve enjoyed horror aspects such as Ring, where the supernatural entity follows technology about and emerges from said technology

Hm, actually there's a thought.

Looking back over the comments on how you can turn this into a real threat, have you thought about the possibilities of at some point having something staring right at the camera at you instead of the character. That's of course only if it allows third person view

Sort of like how at a few points in the Ben Drowned videos the statue stared right at the camera and not at Link. If I’m remembering the videos correctly that is.

Obviously be something you couldn't use often, but it's a possible trick to use at some points.

Going back to my comments about the Ring set of films, when your series gets a bit more into it, you could always have you mentioning hallucinations, bad dreams and such, like people marked by Sadako and Samara had in The Ring films.

Obviously you wouldn't be able to use that just yet as it's still too early but it's still something to think about, maybe you can find variations on that to work with.

Either way just some thoughts to help, overall to sum up again this definitely has potential, keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
ShyRonny
Untainted
ShyRonny

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:20 am

Thanks Very Happy

I just recently watched the Majora's Mask Ben thing. I loved it.

So anyways I am working on an update that will include Fallout 3 Smile
So for now:

Funny thing is my GMOD actually did crash after that, so the "lagging sound" was actually real.
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:47 am

Good idea, having him follow you on multiple games will definitely add to creepiness factor. It takes away the sense of "All I have to do to get it to stop is to stop playing." I can't wait to see where this is going.
Back to top Go down
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:12 am

Okay, now you're proving the potential of this already. As Ladnek said: multiple games will add to the creepiness factor.

Little tip. You may want to use New Vegas too, I was planning on using it as foreshadowing when I start a normal blog but it will definitely be good for this vlog series too, so thought I should mention:

In the coincidences topic I showed a picture from Fallout: New Vegas' Honest Hearts DLC. There's a few wall drawings scattered about that DLC of black figures that aren't drawn to proportion, they look too tall. Their arms and legs also look like branches or roots spraying out.

It is perfect for more Slender warnings, another good part about it is that DLC has weather effects such as storms and rain, could give you a very nice environment to edit Slender Man into the middle of.

Well keep up the good work; this is done pretty interestingly so far. Plus as a Fallout fan, I love that you're going to be using that.
Back to top Go down
Karanoch
Observer
Karanoch

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:48 am

I've enjoyed the videos so far, however, I don't like how obvious it's being made with the operators symbols out in the open, Slendy sometimes not even hiding, etc. Maybe give the maps a bit more of a dark feel to them.

Also, a side idea, trying adding onto it with a link to real life. A good example is the USB drive that Noah got in TT, acting as a way for him to be watched.
Back to top Go down
ChaosGamma
Observer
ChaosGamma

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:47 am

So I just watched through all these and I have to say, I'm interested to see where this goes. I do agree with Karanoch that the Operator symbols are a bit too out in the open. Really, everything I could think of to say has already been mentioned.

So I'll just say to keep up the good work and keep it interesting, because I'm rather liking this so far.
Back to top Go down
ShyRonny
Untainted
ShyRonny

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 8:09 pm

Here is my Fallout 3 video:

First time ever using green screen. Hope I did alright D:
And I know right now you may think "This isn't going anywhere" But I do have an idea/outline for the series, just got to get there first.
Sorry it may be the last time I update for a few. I may be kind of busy this week.
Back to top Go down
Crusergirl
Stalked

Current Win Points : 74

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 11:23 pm

I'm really liking this too. I got genuinely spooked a few times. I will keep my eyes open. Oh and I also like the idea of when playing the game there are real life consequences. (ie, breaking your leg) or whatever.
Good luck. cheers
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 11:31 pm

Yeah, the limb damage system in Fallout 3 could really give you a good connectivity to real life, like have your arm or leg get crippled in the game, then have it happen in real life. I hope you try implementing him into more games, this is getting more and more interesting.
Back to top Go down
ShyRonny
Untainted
ShyRonny

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 3:41 am

Hey everyone, made a blog thing:
http://humphrey4848.tumblr.com/

I made it into a blog posting for the whole reason I didn't quite know how to convey this in a video, and it worked better written out. So yeah. Tell me what you think. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 3:47 am

It's a good idea and it would be unique in my opinion. I would do a Slendy Garry's mod vlog myself but i can't seem to get the Slendy ragdoll to work.
Back to top Go down
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:17 am

It's a good idea to expand the scale of your series by doing a blog posting because in-story you can't log into youtube. But there is a problem:

How are Non-SN forum members gonna know of the blog posting? the normal youtubers who watch your series won't be aware of how to follow the storyline.

On the flip side, love the mention of minecraft and things wrong there making you feel alone. nice touch.
Back to top Go down
TrinityC0DER
Untainted
TrinityC0DER

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 6:44 pm

I love this idea! It would be pretty creepy, I gotta admit. But it would definitely make it more creepy if not only were the filmers being watched in-game but also being left messages or threats in real life too.

It WOULD be creepy if it happened on a game, but if no one ever woke up with a weird bruise or an erased memory, it might also get repetitive.
Back to top Go down
http://searchingtxfiles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garry's Mod Slendervlog   Garry's Mod Slendervlog Empty

Back to top Go down

Garry's Mod Slendervlog
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next