Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Convention Appearances?

Go down 
+8
Lero
ExorcistGamer
BanishedZaber
Blue Eyes
SliceandDice
Various Identities
CheckersValentine
littleWhiteRABBIT
12 posters
AuthorMessage
littleWhiteRABBIT
Untainted
littleWhiteRABBIT

Current Win Points : 15

Convention Appearances? Empty
PostSubject: Convention Appearances?   Convention Appearances? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 12:45 pm

I didn't know where to put this... but I couldn't find anything about it elsewhere in the forums, so I'm putting it here to just see if any of you knew about it.

I don't know how I stumbled across it, but there's a multi-fandom convention in late October in Nashville Tennesse, and two of the listed guests caught my attention... They REALLY caught my attention! Marble Hornets creators Troy Wagner and Joseph DeLage.

(And apparently I can't post links yet... okay, that's a weird rule; understandable though... Sooo... I guess you'll have to Google "Geek Media Expo" and then navigate to the guest page for info if you want to look it up.)

So, is this a first or have they done these things before?? Either way, I'm definitely heading down there because it's actually kind of Local for me.
Back to top Go down
CheckersValentine
Stalked
CheckersValentine

Current Win Points : 101

PostSubject: Re: Convention Appearances?   Convention Appearances? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 12:55 pm

I'm pretty sure they've done this before but don't take my word for it.

I really wish I could go though, it'd probably be totally awesome. Unfortunantly, I'm a west coaster and it's just not fesable. They need to come out here for a con. Hell, somebody needs to throw together something with all the creators. Even a Slender man Convention.

I'd go.
Back to top Go down
Various Identities
Anxious
Various Identities

Current Win Points : 63

PostSubject: Re: Convention Appearances?   Convention Appearances? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 1:00 pm

I envy your ability to go. I'm pretty far from Tennessee and I don't have my licence/enough money to fly. If you do happen to meet them, tell me how they are, alright? I've always wanted to speak to them ever since I started watching the series.

I would go if I had the ability to. I'd go to NJ first, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nyan.cat
SliceandDice
Anxious
SliceandDice

Current Win Points : 18

PostSubject: Re: Convention Appearances?   Convention Appearances? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 1:01 pm

SLENDERCON

itd probably need to be in jersey though.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Stalked
Blue Eyes

Current Win Points : 58

PostSubject: Re: Convention Appearances?   Convention Appearances? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 1:08 pm

Definitely in Jersey. Adam, Troy, Joseph, and Tim would have to drive up there. They're pretty much the only ones who aren't around Jersey somewhere. And maybe TJ, Amy, Xakk, Tyler, and Gavin, but you never know.
Back to top Go down
BanishedZaber
Anxious
BanishedZaber

Current Win Points : 96

PostSubject: Re: Convention Appearances?   Convention Appearances? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 1:18 pm

SliceandDice wrote:
SLENDERCON

Oh my... everyone, I sincerely apologize for never bringing this up before now... Slendercon was an actual thing. We did already. This last one was just for the creators, but we we're planning on doing a public one next summer.

Anyways, these videos from Slendercon 2011 were all over Unfiction about a month ago, but I'll post them here for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AphcMgDUOck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPJiNfAwDlw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUPpX9xtivk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QzjSzWrxzA

As for other conventions, I know several of the creators have attended cons and been recognized there, such as Adam, but I'm unaware of anyone aside from the Marble Hornets guys being big enough to get "guest" status.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Stalked
Blue Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Convention Appearances?   Convention Appearances? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 1:40 pm

BanishedZaber wrote:
SliceandDice wrote:
SLENDERCON

Oh my... everyone, I sincerely apologize for never bringing this up before now... Slendercon was an actual thing. We did already. This last one was just for the creators, but we we're planning on doing a public one next summer.

Anyways, these videos from Slendercon 2011 were all over Unfiction about a month ago, but I'll post them here for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AphcMgDUOck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPJiNfAwDlw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUPpX9xtivk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QzjSzWrxzA

As for other conventions, I know several of the creators have attended cons and been recognized there, such as Adam, but I'm unaware of anyone aside from the Marble Hornets guys being big enough to get "guest" status.

That's hilarious, I love you, and feel bad now for the PM I sent you earlier because of this awesomeness haha.

When Hellershanks said "It's been six months how did I get here?" I almost fell out of my chair laughing.
Back to top Go down
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

Current Win Points : 143

PostSubject: Re: Convention Appearances?   Convention Appearances? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 7:15 pm

Funnily enough I saw those videos just a few hours ago then came here and saw this topic.

Also I’m with VI, I envy anyone who gets to go meet Troy and Joseph, or any other creators anyway.

Anyway yeah as Zaber said, chances are always high they'll be at cons but not many would elevate them to guest status. Maybe once they're done with the series they'll do a panel at something where they talk about it.

Seriously, if we get some sort of big Slender Man convention, or just Slendercon public, I’ll make it my goddamn life goal to get there.

Also.

Videoception needs to be a thing.

Back to top Go down
Lero
Anxious

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Convention Appearances?   Convention Appearances? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:32 pm

Yeah, if that public thing happens next year, I'd find some way to get a ride. Even though I'd probably be way too awkward to even speak to anybody.
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

Current Win Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: Convention Appearances?   Convention Appearances? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 9:02 pm

Good lord! Evan with a battle axe, Noah with badass sunglasses and a top hat, AND he's making references to the crappy short film? No wonder Slendy left them alone...

That footage needed moar Caught. I'm really interested to see what he's like in real life. Still, freaking awesome! Thank you for posting that, I'm going to go watch them all now.

Last edited by Ladnek on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Stalked
Blue Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Convention Appearances?   Convention Appearances? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 9:10 pm

Yes, those videos were chock full of awesome. I don't think Caught had much notoriety yet then.
Back to top Go down
CheckersValentine
Stalked
CheckersValentine

Current Win Points : 101

PostSubject: Re: Convention Appearances?   Convention Appearances? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:24 am

Yeah caught is pretty new.

Dood, these are awesome. Serious beans, we need a Slendycon where all the creators/writers can get together and their respective fans can meet and get all giggly over them.
Back to top Go down
dezwithabat
Untainted
dezwithabat

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Convention Appearances?   Convention Appearances? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:41 am

I feel stupid for not considering this before.

If we get prepared and advertise for a con, we should have some sort of booth for Slender Nation people to meet and mingle.
Back to top Go down
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

PostSubject: Re: Convention Appearances?   Convention Appearances? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:46 am

I figured it was worth bumping this topic to let people know incase they didn't as I only just learnt:

Marble Hornets is gonna be at Kami-Con this year. 3rd-5th of February.

So you know if you're near the area of tuscaloosa, alabama or can get there. MH is gonna be there.

Even more awesome when you consider the fact Little Kuriboh is going to this convention and we know he's a fan of Slender Man. Chances are he'll be taking a look too.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Convention Appearances?   Convention Appearances? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm so pissed that I won't be able to go. I don't really have the time or money to drive or fly down to Alabama for the weekend (though I'm not bankrupt in either of the two senses, being a college student means that I can't exactly afford either one, either). Which is really a shame, considering that my girlfriend lives down in Alabama (but still way too far from Tuscaloosa) and it'd be incredible to kill multiple birds with the same stone.

Grr. Argh. Just...my rage cannot be expressed.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

PostSubject: Re: Convention Appearances?   Convention Appearances? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:14 pm

Hate it too. England means im even more further out and expensive to get there.
Back to top Go down
FreedomCaged
Observer
FreedomCaged

Current Win Points : 116

PostSubject: Re: Convention Appearances?   Convention Appearances? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:33 pm

Dang it, I'm only like a state and a half away, but that's my birthday weekend, so I'll be going home instead. If only I had the nerve to tell my family I was obssesed with an internet horror meme I might be able to make it. Or they might take away all internet privliges for when I'm at home, so I'll just tough it out with cake and presents. If anyone goes: Take Pictures. Or videos if you have a youtube channel.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Convention Appearances?   Convention Appearances? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Note: Slenderbloggins is happy to host any and all video footage on our YouTube channel.

Or to put it in playlists, if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Convention Appearances?   Convention Appearances? Empty

Back to top Go down

Convention Appearances?
Page 1 of 1