Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID

Go down 
+9
LavaStones
looby
Get-In-Pants
Glomple
TNC
QhaoticZombie
WhiteWolf
Cyber
Zander
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID Empty
PostSubject: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 5:46 pm

Related links:

EMH's Youtube
EMH's Twitter
EMH's Ustream
Damsel's blog
Damsel's Twitter
Alex's Youtube

EMH Wiki

Welcome to Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID. I'm your host, Zander Pants, and let's get this show on the road. However, I'd just like to get this out of the way: I have nothing against EMH. The title of this is a pun on how people say that it doesn't make sense. And I dedicate this in-depth guide to a friend of mine.

Now, each main post of mine will cover each video in the series, as well as Alex's videos in a suggested viewing order. When certain things are mentioned, I'll also include that in the post.

NOW LET US BEGIN, RABBITS. Heheh.

Last edited by Zander Pants on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cyber
Stalked
Cyber

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 5:48 pm

Sounds good... this gonna be a VFWMH or a WFWTT kid of thing, or more of a guide?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/Thlowe
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Guide.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:09 am

So, this is the introduction video to EverymanHYBRID. Vince is shown here giving an introduction to their health series, also giving the link to their twitter and e-mail accounts. What follows is a video montage introduction of the three characters involved in the project.

Vincent: Your EverymanHYBRID
Evan: EverymanHYBRID Nutritional Correspondent
Jeff: Camera & Editing

Also, at the end of the video, a shot of woods is seen with the sound or crickets chirping, with a small amount of distortion and static as it cuts off.

No actual sightings.

Personal notes: I always liked the intro music. Just seems cool to me. And does anyone find that doll thing behind Vincent weird?
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:24 am

EMH's second video. Here's where they start talking about Jogging and Stretching, specifically during dusk. As Vince is driving down the road during 1:21 to 1:23 of the video, there's some static during that time as well as something on the right.
Spoiler:

The scene cuts to Evan talking about yoga, as some subtle static is heard pretty much throughout the entire time he's talking through 1:45 to 2:33. There's also a possible figure behind the door.
Spoiler:

Personal Notes: I'm not going to really go into the whole health aspects of the videos. I do find it interesting since they would've had to do research for this, so props on that.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:49 am

In the third episode of EMH, they start out in a supermarket. Evan is talking about things that you shouldn't be eating before being interrupted by a stuffed rat toy saying "I like you! I like you!"
Spoiler:

The intro scene is different than normal in this one, showing a shot of two lamp lights with some distortion at the end of it. Vince gives a little intro saying they're going to "talk about dreams and how junk food can actually affect your dreams." It cuts to Evan and Jeff are in a supermarket with Evan discussing eating habits, like eating fruits and nuts, as well as monitoring your intake of food.

Then it cuts to Vince and Evan sitting at a table discussing dreams and how you should avoid sleeping after eating junk foods. Vince discusses how stress effects your sleep and dreams, and mentions how "just last week I had midterms and I was stressing out so much that I had dreams that I was running through the woods in my old elementary school and it felt like something was following me." As Vince continues talking, Evan looks a bit disturbed about something as if he was in deep thought.

No sightings. Just some random distortion.

Personal Notes:

So, junk food can affect your dreams? I wonder if that's actually true. I constantly guzzle sodas and whatnot, but I don't really dream in the first place. Not that when I do, any of mine have ever been good, but hell.

Also, highest rated comment:
"Dreaming you're running through the woods with something chasing after you?
You're gonna have a fun time, buddy.
- Snoremacs"
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:02 pm

So, here we have an introduction from Vince talking about how they're going to go over cardio and exercise techniques as alternatives for running. The intro clip's music and video have changed in this one. As they cover outside activities, Evan appears very distracted in this video, seen holding a doll at 0:53. 1:11 onward to 1:27, you can see a figure blatantly behind that poll. A very loud distortion kicks in around 1:16 through 1:27.
Spoiler:

Then from 1:29 to 2:14, you can see a figure through the glass of the door behind Vince as he talks about the exercise machines.
Spoiler:

Again, from 2:19 to 3:04 while they push the car, you can obviously see a figure in black in the woods behind them.
Spoiler:

Evan also explains that a man told a little girl to give him a white doll.

Personal notes: Who the hell was behind the cam if Jeff was "driving" the car? And they sure did cram a lot of Slendy in there. I was also told by TripleDPie that in the intro, the doll's "limbs get longer and longer and it strikes weird poses as the videos go on". So, keep an eye out?
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:29 pm

The intro clip has changed music, and shows a shot of trees. The doll behind Vince has a different pose than last time. The scene cuts to Vince talks about lifting weights in the basement.

A figure, appears briefly in the window in the background at 1:55 and comes back at 2:03 looking through the window.
Spoiler:

The power cuts out suddenly, with Vince and Evan doing a bad Arnold impersonation. Every bulb blew out at once apparently. They continue talking about exercise machines. And from 2:56 there is a black silhouette in the background to the left of Evan, which moves away at 3:50.
Spoiler:

When Evan puts in a Motorhead CD, it plays some distorted sound before he cuts it off. Evan is also seen looking around while Vince reviews what they covered.

Personal Notes: Daft Punk reference in the end, Motorhead, bad Arnold impersonations? All fun in my book. The distorted sound from the CD kind of sounds like laughing. This is probably the first real occurrence of Slender Man.

I did some digging around in the comments, and found this by the way. Heheh:

"I guess my monitor is too dark to see him at 3:50.

Stupid old glass monitor.
QhaoticZombie 2 months ago"

Also, my favorite comment:

"1:56, Slendy is taking his nightly child-snatching stroll.

2:04, "HOLY SHIT, THAT GUY IS RIPPED!"
RedPearlVoice 5 months ago"
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Observer
WhiteWolf

Current Win Points : 61

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:52 pm

I approve of this thread! Please continue.
Back to top Go down
QhaoticZombie
Watched
QhaoticZombie

Current Win Points : 152

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 12:13 am

Herp derp @ my old comment. I STILL CURSE THIS OLD GLASS MONITOR OF MINE.

*shakes fist*
Back to top Go down
http://qhaoticzombie.deviantart.com
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:24 am

This is the first of the "hidden" videos that the EMH crew can't view. This is also the first occurrence of the "Who Could Win A Rabbit?" song. I'll just cover the important parts.

First, a scene of the EMH crew driving. Then it cuts to the in the kitchen, then cuts to the song, then cuts back to them talking about someone breaking into Evan's house. Evan is coughing a lot. Cut to the crew going down some stairs talking about a person named Nick breaking into Evan's house wearing a costume. Jeff and Vince continue discussing Nick is dressing up as Slender Man and how he broke into their house while Evan sharpens a knife and zones out a bit. Apparently he had disappeared afterward. They still decide to use the footage the got, and the last shot is of a door closing with the audio reversed.

Personal Notes: The majority of this occurs after the next video, so if you're confused, watch that one first and then this. Might make more sense.
Back to top Go down
TNC
Untainted

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:27 am

Zander Skirt wrote:
Who the hell was behind the cam if Jeff was "driving" the car?

There are two other characters that do not get seen on camera very often [I think once for each of them], Daniel and Nick; Both are known to use the camera when needed. They do not participate much after the HABIT tournament begin, for their own safety.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:46 am

TNC wrote:
Zander Skirt wrote:
Who the hell was behind the cam if Jeff was "driving" the car?

There are two other characters that do not get seen on camera very often [I think once for each of them], Daniel and Nick; Both are known to use the camera when needed. They do not participate much after the HABIT tournament begin, for their own safety.
Hmm. Must've been Daniel if Nick was the fake Slender Man.
Back to top Go down
Glomple
Untainted
Glomple

Current Win Points : 18

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:08 pm

Don't forget Ryan. Ryan helped out, I believe, until he was killed by HABIT.
Back to top Go down
Get-In-Pants
Untainted
Get-In-Pants

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 5:52 pm

In Upper Body & Arms, every appearance was the real Slender Man. Pay close attention to ... . It mentions an appearance was not planned. And Nick was holding the camera, because Daniel is the original Fake Slender Man. Nick owned the suit and Daniel wasn't going to show up. That is why they blamed Nick.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:40 am

Video Description: "Today Evan and Jeff try to steal the thunder of our regular (ruggedly handsome) host. We follow them to our local food mart and they gather ingredients for our Santa Fe Chicken salad."

At the beginning, it's Evan and Jeff doing the short intro to the episode instead of Vinny. You can see the doll behind Evan is in a different pose. The normal episode intro's different, with the sub-title being "Something's going on." As they talk about the cabbage, there's a "face" behind the cabbage at 0:46 and 0:55, that's actually just one of the red cabbages. As they continue talking about food and getting the ingredients for the Santa Fe Chicken Salad, there is no distortion at all.

At 1:53, the audio from the woods clip at the end of the first episode can be heard, before cutting to a shot of them driving and talking. They point out that someone's in the back seat of Evan's car. The video distorts at 2:12, seeming to be a reflection of the road. Then the audio cuts of at 2:13-2:15, then returns as Jeff says "Where's Dave?" before the video and audio distort for a brief moment. It then cuts to the EMH crew leaving their cars with Vince saying "Alright fellas, campfire time." before more distortion occurs, with it cutting to Evan saying something about "let's just get a little more Slender in it" before Jeff points out something at the second story window. More distortion occurs as it cuts to a shot of someone in the second story window. The EMH crew can be heard running inside whilst more distortion occurs. It the cuts to them going upstairs. The camera looks into the room down the hall before turning and showing Daniel who asks if they're "ready to Slendershoot". They ask him where the tie and mask are, and he tells them he left them in the car. Suddenly a door can be heard shutting with the camera slowing, turning back towards the door down the hall with audio distortion occurring. A tall person in a black suit and tie can be seen standing straight up with arms to its sides, shaking its head side to side as the door shuts.

Cutting to Evan pushing against the door, Evan and Vince knock open the door(of which the camera blurs as the collide with it). They flip on the light and search the room, only to find no one. Vince can be heard coughing after he asks if Evan sees anything. Jeff goes into the closet, and looks at the window edge. A black vent can be seen on the ground with what appears to be a black residue around it. The windows' blinds were open, and the window was shut. Vince asks Jeff if anyone was in there, to which Jeff says no. The EMH guys are puzzled, with them wondering where the person went.

Personal Notes: I thought that was actually a face in the cabbage till I re-watched this, and it's clearly a red cabbage. What the hell was I thinking?

Also, this is the "Real" Slender Man in this video. The video clips from the . . . video were of them talking about what had happened in the second part of this video. They thought it was their friend Nick was the Slender Man who appeared in Evan's house instead of it being real.

PS: This pertains to my interests.

"You do not taunt real Slendy with a false Slendy.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE HIGHLANDER!"
- SpunkStalker101 1 day ago
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:59 am

This video is simple. EMH reveals they've purposely used the Slender Man in their series as their "shtick". They talk about how they're going to take a week break, but they're not done with the series. They also mention that that not all of the Slender Man appearances consisted of their friend who posed as the Slender Man, and Evan announces that if whoever broke into their house comes clean about it, there won't be repercussions. But it they don't and the EMH crew catches them, there will be negative repercussions.

Personal notes: No Slender Man sighting in this. It's just an announcement. And their friend Paul is the cameraman, as said by Jeff in the Uploader comments.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 6:46 am

Alright, I've postponed this long enough. Maybe because it's going the whole ten minutes. But I bring to you:

The video starts out with a shot of a road being driven on, and showing the series title name. The music is different in this one. In this video, they introduce 3 characters: Jessalyn, who is Jeff's girlfriend. Ryan, one of their friends. And last but not least Alex, Jeff's brother, as they all go on a hiking trail. Jeff says that they're just taking it easy, and walking through the woods. From here on, most of the video is just shots of them walking around the woods as they intended, talking about random things and enjoying a nice day outside. For the most part, it's just a normal hiking video. So I'll just go over the "important things".

Around 2:10 the speed of the video is slowed, and you can hear one of the guys saying something, but the only thing you can clearly hear is "perfect!" at the end of whatever they said.

Next thing worthy to mention is the weird color switching background and video speed increase from 2:52-2:55. Then at 3:30-4:05 Evan is staring at a fallen log and seems to be spacing out when looking at it. The color switching background occurs again at 4:06-4:14 with the speed of the video increasing as they commence their fun activities. At 4:22-4:24, the speed of the video slows a bit as Evan fake attacks Vincent with sticks. These edits seems to be of their own doing however.

At 4:28 they reach an area with what appears to be an abandoned house to their right. There's a white building on the path behind them as well. There's also a fence around the property and a giant field behind the abandoned house. At 5:05-5:55 they enter the shed of the abandoned house and explore inside of it. The audio cuts out at 5:32-5:36 as they film over some of the things in the shed. It's hard to tell exactly what these objects are, but here's a screencap for reference. They explore around the place a bit more, looking at the abandoned house itself.

It then cuts to them in the field, messing about in physical activities. After they're done with that and Ryan's comment about Pokemon in the tall grass, the video speeds up around 7:11 -7:18, then slows down with a slight audio distortion till it hits 7:23, where it cuts to a picture of Jeff in Evan's headlock. Then it resumes to Jeff talking about the white building asking the others if they think that people live there instead of possibly being a visitor center because of the yard and field.

It then cuts to a shot of what Jeff thinks to be a former garden. Evan stands in the "entrance" of it for a moment looking around. Jeff asks him if he's okay, to which Evan responds "Yeah." They turn back, and from 7:58-8:00 the sound of children laughing can be heard.

They continue walking till they reach an open field with a single tree in the middle. Jeff comments on how remote it is, and how the place is beautiful. At 9:14, they find a well-like structure by a river. It then cuts to a shot of Ryan and Evan by a doorway, with Evan warning Ryan not to stick his head near the nails sticking out of it.

Finally, Vincent proposes to go through another trail, but Evan tries to dissuade the group from taking another trail, saying they should start heading home. Despite how Vincent points out how it's only 3PM and they have plenty of daylight left, Evan is still reluctant and says he kind of wants to go home, and so they all decide to leave.

Personal Notes: What they did during this hiking trip is significant to the series, as there are later videos showing deleted or missed clips from what happened and should be in this video. The area where the white building is and the abandoned house does show up later. The same goes for the the field with the single tree
Spoiler:
This is also the first video to introduce Alex, Jessalyn, and Ryan. Evan is seen spacing out a few times in this.

To make it clear, there's no Slender Man in this video. None. That's right. Be fooled. Also. Fucking Pokemon in the tall grass. Fucking Zubats and Rattatas. ;D Whenever I watched this, I missed the children laughing around 7:58-8:00. It was mighty unsettling thinking about what goes on around that place and would involve children.

P.S. I plan on covering the forthcoming Sleep Experiment videos in two parts. One post for Evan's part of the experiment, and one post for Vincent and Jeff's part.
Back to top Go down
looby
Observer
looby

Current Win Points : 42

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:04 pm

Ooh you're awesome, thanks for this 8D!!

I've only recently got into this series (recently meaning LAST NIGHT) and it was a wee bit confusing XD

I read through the timeline on the wiki as I was going through the vids, but I missed LOADS because I saw things mentioned later on and I was like wtf O_o
Back to top Go down
LavaStones
Untainted
LavaStones

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 12:13 am

From what i've heard this series sounds pretty good. As of yet it's boring as hell and not scary in the least bit. I'm only on the sleep lab thing though.
Back to top Go down
future
Anxious
future

Current Win Points : 59

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 3:23 pm

No matter how much people explain this orgy of WTH, i'm not watching this again. I didn't even watch half of it and i got tired after about 8 videos, then there were all these subchannels and i just wentZander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID Meh.ro4107
Back to top Go down
http://dramatis.ning.com/
looby
Observer
looby

Current Win Points : 42

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 4:08 pm

^ I nearly did the same.

At the risk of sounding like a fantwat, I only stuck with it because Evan is fit..

Though it still confuses the shit out of me of course.
Back to top Go down
T-man
Untainted

Current Win Points : 14

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:19 pm

I don't mean to start anything, and you certainly have the series more figured out than me but what about HABIT's Twitter and The Green Feathers Youtube?
Back to top Go down
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

Current Win Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:36 am

Man, I got more out of this than I did when I read the wiki. But yeah, it's not really that hard to follow if you use the Wiki, or this guide. Most of the wiki entries give either a link or an explanation to what extra stuff was involved, like how the Twitters or the boxes fit in. I started this series only a few months ago and not only am I caught up, but I have a pretty good idea of what's going on.

It IS boring at first, and while it never gets "scary," Marble Hornet's isn't scary either but they're both entertaining. I like the acting and the characters better in EMH so I continue to watch because of that. Also, Greenfeathers seemed to be doing his thing on his own, unrelated to EMH.
Back to top Go down
http://thegungancouncil.yuku.com
ChewieV2
Observer
ChewieV2

Current Win Points : 57

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:32 am

EMH doesn't confuse me at all. It's just that it doesn't seem to have any sort of actual storyline.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID   Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID Empty

Back to top Go down

Zander helps make sense of EverymanHYBRID
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next