Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The "Need help finding props" thread.

Go down 
+2
Vivi
Tiro1000
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiro1000
Watched
Tiro1000

Current Win Points : 146

The "Need help finding props" thread. Empty
PostSubject: The "Need help finding props" thread.   The "Need help finding props" thread. EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 3:24 am

You know those times when you want to shoot a good scene in a v-log, or take a nice picture for a blog, but don't have the proper equipment or props? I sure do. Of course I need help with something myself, but I think this thread would be good for anyone seeking help to use.

So, onto my issue. I'm planning on starting a VLOG centered around a group of Amateur ghost hunters. Now of course we'll have all the usual equipment, EMF readers, voice recorders for EVPs, and so on. However, since this is a work of fiction, I don't think I can hire a ghost to bring up the emf when I need it to go up.

So what I'm wondering is, does anyone know where I can find a fake EMF reader, perhaps one that I can control the gauge on? Anything would help out here.

Now I don't know how much I can help everyone else, but if I have any answers I will try. Like I said, if anyone needs help finding something, feel free to use this thread.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: The "Need help finding props" thread.   The "Need help finding props" thread. EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 3:33 am

Excuse my ignorance, as I haven't watched any ghost hunter type show since i was at least 14, but can't you just take whatever regular emf reader you do have, (if you have one.*) and when the scene calls for it, simply stare at it in an alarmed manner, adding soundclips of an EMF reader going eeeeEEEEEWOOP (or whatever distinctive sounds they do make) in post production? Nobody will be the wiser.

*If you don't have a legit one, you could always DIY that stuff, and, once again, make it seem real in post production. Get an old-timey thick brick type calculator, put a post-it note over the screen, and then spraypaint that thing with dim metallic art paint after first applying a base coat of black. Get whatever Antennae you can from a broken radio, take the blunt end and jam it into a crack at the front end of the calculator, else get a small-bit dremel and drill a little hole in there so you can slide it in.

Bam. Instant cool technologythingamajig.
Back to top Go down
http://masquevivi.deviantart.com/
Tiro1000
Watched
Tiro1000

PostSubject: Re: The "Need help finding props" thread.   The "Need help finding props" thread. EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 3:37 am

Vivi, you are amazing. I love you in the way any forum user would love an awesome admin. You deserve all of the cookies.

Addition: I could do that. It still would be cool to have the camera pointing at it, and seeing the gauge go up.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: The "Need help finding props" thread.   The "Need help finding props" thread. EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 3:48 am

I feel your pain, visual cues are much more attention grabby, but look on the bright side: if you rely on audio cues mostly, then you have more excuses to shoot dimly lit freaky scenes while letting the viewer in on only some parts of the happenings. (Unless you have night vision cameras, in which case FUCKING SWEET.) If you dont have some good graphical editing skills, I can't suggest anything better unless you want to hire an engineer to make you a little gauge device.

Here's two of the best video tutorial utilizing the method I was telling you about for paint. One is pretty general but flashy and succinct, the other is more in depth, and shows you the process. The process itself is generally used to make water guns into steampunk fantasy type guns for cosplay, but paint on plastic is still paint on plastic.

Back to top Go down
http://masquevivi.deviantart.com/
proxiehunter
Anxious

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: The "Need help finding props" thread.   The "Need help finding props" thread. EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 3:52 am

A ghost isn't the only source of an EMF. What if you were to conceal some electronics (my first thought is a powered up lap top computer) near where you're going to wave the EMF reader?
Back to top Go down
Tiro1000
Watched
Tiro1000

PostSubject: Re: The "Need help finding props" thread.   The "Need help finding props" thread. EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 4:06 am

proxiehunter wrote:
A ghost isn't the only source of an EMF. What if you were to conceal some electronics (my first thought is a powered up lap top computer) near where you're going to wave the EMF reader?
Ooooh! Me like! I wonder if I can find something perfectly suited for that...
Back to top Go down
Bio
Untainted

Current Win Points : 37

PostSubject: Re: The "Need help finding props" thread.   The "Need help finding props" thread. EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 4:43 am

So we can use this for any kind of prop help? Ok then.

Any one know any good videos that teach you to make those robot arm/claw/ hand prop thingy... I have no clue what it is called.

And or a site you can buy them from.

Basically this but you can control each finger separately and extends out to a certain length.

The "Need help finding props" thread. %21Bl3jtpQBGk%7E$%28KGrHqQOKigEtkoP1neCBLd,HF1iu%21%7E%7E_35

You know what short film I want this for...
Back to top Go down
Tiro1000
Watched
Tiro1000

PostSubject: Re: The "Need help finding props" thread.   The "Need help finding props" thread. EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:32 am

Bio wrote:
So we can use this for any kind of prop help? Ok then.

Any one know any good videos that teach you to make those robot arm/claw/ hand prop thingy... I have no clue what it is called.

And or a site you can buy them from.

Basically this but you can control each finger separately and extends out to a certain length.

You know what short film I want this for...

Oooh, I know what you're talking about, but don't know the name! I'll look into it.

Edit: In the mean time, check this out.

http://www.uncomyngifts.com/Main/Recreation_Room/Toychest/awsomarm.html

These things are harder to find than you would think.
Back to top Go down
Bio
Untainted

Current Win Points : 37

PostSubject: Re: The "Need help finding props" thread.   The "Need help finding props" thread. EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:20 pm

Wow the one in the video is kick ass.
To bad it is not more slender and long.
Back to top Go down
The Slender Man
Anxious
The Slender Man

Current Win Points : 21

PostSubject: Re: The "Need help finding props" thread.   The "Need help finding props" thread. EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Them gun and hand tutorials are nice.

It looks like my weekends spent.
Back to top Go down
myotishia
Untainted
myotishia

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: The "Need help finding props" thread.   The "Need help finding props" thread. EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:38 pm

most emf meters have 2 sensitivity settings. The analogue ones anyway, and when you change between settings it looks like it's going off wildly.
I have the Gauss Master, just pop it into google, and the button is on the side so it's very discreet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myotishiasbloggade.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Need help finding props" thread.   The "Need help finding props" thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

The "Need help finding props" thread.
Page 1 of 1