Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

WTF is HABIT about?

Go down 
+3
River Song
Karanoch
skankpit
7 posters
AuthorMessage
skankpit
Untainted
skankpit

Current Win Points : 5

WTF is HABIT about? Empty
PostSubject: WTF is HABIT about?   WTF is HABIT about? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:28 am

Honestly, maybe I am thick, but is HABIT independent of Slenderman, or is it an effect or power of Slenderman to control people?

I prefer the latter, I think. HABIT as a seperate entity doesn't make sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Karanoch
Observer
Karanoch

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: WTF is HABIT about?   WTF is HABIT about? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:43 am

http://canyouseethewords.tumblr.com/

It makes a bit more sense after reading that. Seems like they're kind of connected like Observer and Slendy, but Habit seems more like a co-worker, while Observer is a sub-ordinate.
Back to top Go down
River Song
Watched
River Song

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: WTF is HABIT about?   WTF is HABIT about? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:51 am

Pretty sure HABIT is separate. There was an instance where it is heavily implied that HABIT and Slender Man are tweeting back and forth on EverymanHYBRIDS Channel. Taken from the wiki:

"Take solace in the rain, my children. It only means I'm near.
DISREGARD THE BANTER
Oh, how pleasant it is to be torn.
IT IS I WHO inHABITS THIS SANCTUARY.
Oh, a classic power struggle is it?

A few hours later the following tweets were sent:

I URGE YOU TO LEAVE.
They are already mine. Good Luck."

Also it woudn't appear they work together so much as fight for control. HABIT is without a doubt the ax-murderer type, whereas Slender Man is distinctly more subtle and creeping.
Back to top Go down
The Slender Man
Anxious
The Slender Man

Current Win Points : 21

PostSubject: Re: WTF is HABIT about?   WTF is HABIT about? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 5:08 am

This HABIT thing is new to me.
Looks like I'll have to look it up.
Back to top Go down
skankpit
Untainted
skankpit

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: WTF is HABIT about?   WTF is HABIT about? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 7:27 am

All too much for me. Twenty-six pages Shocked

I like EH, but personally, I can't keep track of all this stuff.

In short; tldr
Back to top Go down
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

Current Win Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: WTF is HABIT about?   WTF is HABIT about? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 7:41 am

The wiki page for HABIT on EMH Wiki sums it up pretty much. He seems to be independent of Slenderman, but aware of him, and apparently having worked with him in the past. He's some kind of possessing entity or at least has the power to possess people.

http://everymanhybrid.wikia.com/wiki/HABIT
Back to top Go down
http://thegungancouncil.yuku.com
Grathius22
Untainted
Grathius22

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: WTF is HABIT about?   WTF is HABIT about? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:24 pm

I like the idea of HABIT and Slendy working separate, and even fighting against each other at times. Adds a whole new layer of story and possibilities to EMH.
Back to top Go down
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

PostSubject: Re: WTF is HABIT about?   WTF is HABIT about? EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:26 am

Yeah my hope is that HABIT is against Slendy...even if he wasn't always. It'd be cool for the two of them to be going against each other.
Back to top Go down
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: WTF is HABIT about?   WTF is HABIT about? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:27 am

Grathius22 wrote:
I like the idea of HABIT and Slendy working separate, and even fighting against each other at times. Adds a whole new layer of story and possibilities to EMH.

And a whole new layer of difficulty. I really hope this is the case.

Last edited by xyzombie on Wed May 02, 2012 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grathius22
Untainted
Grathius22

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: WTF is HABIT about?   WTF is HABIT about? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:31 am

Also, is HABIT and Slendy are separate, it may be a possibility that HABIT will work with EMH (Ulterior motives, obviously) at some point.
Back to top Go down
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

PostSubject: Re: WTF is HABIT about?   WTF is HABIT about? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:32 am

Perhaps...but I don't think so. I think HABIT believes himself to be above or at least equal to Slendy, in such a way that he feels whatever he's cooking up is enough that he doesn't have to worry about Slenderman.

Also, if your avatar is from "Darker than Black" like I think, AWESOME! I'm watching that series right now! If it's from Bleach, also awesome, but less so cause I stopped watching that Razz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF is HABIT about?   WTF is HABIT about? Empty

Back to top Go down

WTF is HABIT about?
Page 1 of 1