Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Proxies 2 - A Venture

Go down 
+9
ThyService
Illyrias_Acolyte
Malus
quofomo
Zander
Archaic Devices
nINTH##sIXTh##
Yuuasou
Jack Never Jackie
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack Never Jackie
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

Proxies 2 - A Venture Empty
PostSubject: Proxies 2 - A Venture   Proxies 2 - A Venture EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 10:44 pm

After having lurked on this forum for a good solid week and a half, I noticed that there was interest in another Proxy game similar to Werewolf or Mafia, given the reception for the previous game. However, that occurred in June of last year, and there has since been no activity. If there is any interest in starting a new game, I would love to play GM on it. I will also provide background story and a couple nice paragraphs for each night/day transition.

I'm hoping for a nice 14 or 15 people on the roster, though I can start with 7, which should be the minimum player count required for the game.

Should there be 7 people, we will cut out the existence of the 'Guardian' or 'Knight', whose job is to protect one other character (or themselves.), and the existence of the 'Traitor', one who knows who the proxies are, and works with them to protect them and take out the others quietly. The other character-types available will be one 'Detective' (who we might call Zeke?) whose missive is to look into the proxy activity and guess who are working with His Slenderness, two 'Proxies', or minions of Slender Man, who carry out His will and lure or kill their victims off, one by one, and four Humans, the poor defenceless creatures whose choices have been cut down to kill or be killed.

It should follow basic rules, which I will rehash here. Dead characters are allowed to 'speak', but not to actually sway opinion or interfere with the plot. Characters are allowed to, and encouraged to lie, but shouldn't tell anyone else what role they have in PM. Everyone's roles will be assigned privately to them via PM after being inserted into a randomization generator. It starts as daytime, with a scene and one unfortunate character being chosen by the group to be left in the woods (presumably, this character is eaten, and we have our first victim). The scene then turns to night, and those who have been marked as Proxies (who will be told who their compatriot(s) is/are) will be allowed to select one of the group to be killed (can even be themselves). Having selected someone, they PM it to me, it becomes day again, and that poor little victim is killed. The group is then informed posthumously whether the person who died by day, or by night attack was a proxy or a human.

In order to win, Proxies must eliminate all Humans, or if it gets too obvious, at least cut the Humans down to equal numbers. For the Humans to win, they must eliminate all Proxies and leave the area.

Here is a table of the player counts to Proxy, Human, Detective, Guardian, and Traitor:

7. 2:4:1:0:0
8. 2:4:1:0:1
9. 2:5:1:0:1
10. 2:6:1:0:1
11. 3:6:1:0:1
12. 3:6:1:1:1
13. 3:7:1:1:1
14. 4:7:1:1:1
15. 4:8:1:1:1

I will post the status of the players here once the game has begun.

1. Yuuasou
2. nINTH##sIXTh##
3. Archaic Devices
4. Zander
5. quofomo
6. Malus
7. Illyrias_Acolyte
8. ThyService
9. wulfric5554 - Disappeared early in the morning... (H)
10. Yangire.hero
11. herobrine2001
12. Shayde

12 will be the definitive and final count, so that means there are 3 Proxies, 6 Humans, 1 Detective, 1 Guardian, and 1 Traitor. I will PM all players with their roles, and as soon as that occurs, we will select one person as sacrifice to the Dark Denizen of the forest...

I would like to apologize for my absence, but I had a round of very difficult finals and then waiting for acceptance into med school. Now that that's been taken care of, we should be able to continue without any further hitches. I thank you all for your patience, and if those of you who signed up far earlier on would no longer like to play, I don't blame you. If anyone would like to join midway through, we can definitely accommodate.

Last edited by Jack Never Jackie on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yuuasou
Untainted
Yuuasou

Current Win Points : 14

PostSubject: Re: Proxies 2 - A Venture   Proxies 2 - A Venture EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:08 pm

I guess I'm in. I've never done this before so sorry if I do somthing wrong or somthing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marblehornetsmonday.tumblr.com
nINTH##sIXTh##
Untainted
nINTH##sIXTh##

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Proxies 2 - A Venture   Proxies 2 - A Venture EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Same applies.
Back to top Go down
Archaic Devices
Untainted
Archaic Devices

PostSubject: Re: Proxies 2 - A Venture   Proxies 2 - A Venture EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:14 pm

I love me a good game of Wolf. Count me in!
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: Proxies 2 - A Venture   Proxies 2 - A Venture EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:37 pm

You can count me in as well.
Back to top Go down
quofomo
Watched
quofomo

Current Win Points : 177

PostSubject: Re: Proxies 2 - A Venture   Proxies 2 - A Venture EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 5:08 pm

Aww yiss I am so in for this. Like Yuuasou said, it's my first time as well. If i need any help I'll probably just pester Zander about it, so no worries.
Back to top Go down
http://quofomo.tumblr.com
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

PostSubject: Re: Proxies 2 - A Venture   Proxies 2 - A Venture EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 5:15 pm

I'd like to play again, though without me going crazy like I did last time.
Back to top Go down
Illyrias_Acolyte
Untainted
Illyrias_Acolyte

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Proxies 2 - A Venture   Proxies 2 - A Venture EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:33 pm

I am so in. I love a good game of Werewolf. My boyfriend loves to play Werewolf, but I've never played before. I'd never play with him. He's too good at it.
Back to top Go down
ThyService
Anxious
ThyService

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Proxies 2 - A Venture   Proxies 2 - A Venture EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:34 pm

Im in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Wulfric5554
Untainted
Wulfric5554

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Proxies 2 - A Venture   Proxies 2 - A Venture EmptyTue May 01, 2012 6:40 pm

I'm in but I'm new to rp so I may need some help.
Back to top Go down
Yangire.hero
Anxious
Yangire.hero

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Proxies 2 - A Venture   Proxies 2 - A Venture EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:25 pm

I'd like to join, too! :3 This seems fairly interesting~.
Back to top Go down
herobrine2001
Untainted
herobrine2001

Current Win Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: Proxies 2 - A Venture   Proxies 2 - A Venture EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:52 am

Sounds fun count me in

Proxies 2 - A Venture 2462919914
Back to top Go down
Shayde
Watched

Current Win Points : 133

PostSubject: Re: Proxies 2 - A Venture   Proxies 2 - A Venture EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:09 am

I'm not sure, but I have a sneaking feeling that the game won't be going ahead (seeing as the OP hasn't posted or been on the site in several months). Unless someone else knows how to, and wants to run the game (it's basically Mafia in all but name), or the OP returns, I'll probably consider locking this at some point.
Back to top Go down
Archaic Devices
Untainted
Archaic Devices

PostSubject: Re: Proxies 2 - A Venture   Proxies 2 - A Venture EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:03 pm

Shayde wrote:
I'm not sure, but I have a sneaking feeling that the game won't be going ahead (seeing as the OP hasn't posted or been on the site in several months). Unless someone else knows how to, and wants to run the game (it's basically Mafia in all but name), or the OP returns, I'll probably consider locking this at some point.

I can run it if no one else wants to.
Back to top Go down
Jack Never Jackie
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Proxies 2 - A Venture   Proxies 2 - A Venture EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Excellent. Informing everyone of their roles right now. If anyone else would like to participate, please PM me! Very Happy

EDIT: It has come to my attention that players might have been spammed with several PMs, or several people might have gotten the position of Guardian. I am going to quickly rectify this. If you've received multiple PMs, the latest one is the most correct.

EDIT 2: That has now been taken care of. The Traitor has been informed of the identities of the Proxies, and the Proxies know their Traitor, as well as their objectives. We can now commence.

They had all lived in the same neighborhood, gone to the same high school, the same parties. They'd posted crummy Facebook photos of neon coloured plastic cups and pool-parties and shirtless boys with their hats on backwards. They were just teenagers, being teenagers, living and enjoying life with hopes and dreams and expectations, all wanting to leave their town and venture out into the world to make their mark upon it.

Nothing bad ever happened in their town. Children would go out on camping trips or hikes in the forest without any fear of disappearance or injury, aside from perhaps a case of poison ivy from wandering too near the bases of trees. They had an active band of geocachers who hid various troves around the area, and there were grandfatherly old men who had tiny houses in the middle, shingled or slatted, and who had taught them to fish in the stream.

Nothing bad ever happened in their town, and yet now there were dark clouds that hung over it. Pets were disappearing. Families would move out in the middle of the night, some furniture still in the house, or scraps of newspaper scattered over the floors. The kindly old men did not seem to live there any more - no smoke came out of their chimneys. Perhaps a few of them had memory issues, but that could easily be attributed the the sleep-deprivation hours that they would keep with their MMO video games, or their horror movies, and so for teenagers and college students alike, a paranoid mindset was a very easy thing to slip into.

Still, the area was reasonably safe, and so the group decided to go camping - one last fling out in the woods before everyone went on with their lives, and one last chance to meet before their reunion would come along. They had to find a large enough camping site to account for the modesty of the women in their group - a camping site that looked fairly recently vacated, if the garbage bags tied up in the trees were any indication. One always had to be wary of the bears and raccoons in the area. Nothing wrong with that, and a parks and maintenance crew would be along sometime later that week to cut all the rancid bags down and take them away.

No, the only thing that really started to bother them was the harassment that they began to receive - strange carvings in the trees, students waking up far away from their tents without any idea how they got there, more inexplicable memory gaps, ringing in their ears, horrible headaches. They thought it was just some sort of illness going along, fever included, but that really didn't account for the disappearances. The smart thing to do would be to go home, but no one wanted to make their way into the dark woods just to find their cars, and most were fairly certain that there were those among them who were not in full control of their faculties. What remained was discovering exactly who was bringing about such terror, and perhaps making their way back into a saner world...

Right now, though, they'd make their decision: send out a living 'sacrifice' of sorts with a spare key, and see if they were in any way able to make it through safely, and if their horrors were mere delusion. If not... there would be a hunt...
Back to top Go down
Illyrias_Acolyte
Untainted
Illyrias_Acolyte

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Proxies 2 - A Venture   Proxies 2 - A Venture EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Well, I guess I'll start things off: Who should we nominate?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proxies 2 - A Venture   Proxies 2 - A Venture Empty

Back to top Go down

Proxies 2 - A Venture
Page 1 of 1