Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Pufflekong

Go down 
+3
BananaBrains
TheFallenenvoy
goomba771
7 posters
AuthorMessage
goomba771
Watched
goomba771

Current Win Points : 88

Pufflekong Empty
PostSubject: Pufflekong   Pufflekong EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 4:03 pm

now I want to make this slendy series just because it seems so brilliant. A friend of mine, Alex Phlatter watches my videos and researches about the slender man he knows enough to were the point where he cannot sleep. After weeks of being scared of the slender man he finally gets over it and also finds out he's going on a cruise for a week. He decides to record the cruise and about after 20 videos of the cruise he realises something is wrong and then reviews the tapes and notices slenderman in several of them. He begins to freak out and about 3 days after that happens there's a new video up and you see the ship sinking and slendy's tentacles attacking the ship. The next video takes place on an island where Alex is now stranded with only the clothes on this back and his water proof video camera. This is where the series starts to get intense because Slenderman starts to make direct contact with him. Alex drew the operator symbol in the sand asking for help and the helicopter above him all of a sudden crashes into the ocean and then Alex looks behind and sees slendy standing there. That's basicly all I'm going to give away but I think this is a really good idea for a series, what do you think??? and also if you think it's worth making how do you think I'd make the ship and the island
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/goomba771
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

Pufflekong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pufflekong   Pufflekong EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Woah that sounds intense! How are you going to pull this off? You sound like a proper director like Micheal Bay!
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

Pufflekong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pufflekong   Pufflekong EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Moved to Out-Of-Game discussion because this is not an actual series yet.
Back to top Go down
DFW
Observer
DFW

Current Win Points : 67

Pufflekong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pufflekong   Pufflekong EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:06 pm

That's definitely one of the most unique slenderman ideas I've heard in a while..?

I don't see how you plan to pull off the technical stuff and sets and locations and effects without putting a ton of effort and money into it though
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

Pufflekong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pufflekong   Pufflekong EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:22 pm

DONT LISTEN TO DFW SHE DOESNT HAVE A SERIES AND DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING
ABUT ANYTHING ABOUT MAKING SLENDERVLOGS OK. AND thank you kindly Banana
for moving this post to an appropriate subforum, we all love and respect
you for the hard work you put in here every day!

But back to business...
Goomba,
if you need help with certain props we could always launch a
kickstarter project. It's the sort of thing I'd help fund for sure! And
im pretty sure a lot of other slenderfans and creators would too,
because this is too unique to ignore!

THE MODS ARE CENSORING THE FACT THAT I CRITICISED THEM MOVING THE THREAD! I CALL POLICE STATE BULLSHIT ON THIS
Back to top Go down
DFW
Observer
DFW

Current Win Points : 67

Pufflekong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pufflekong   Pufflekong EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:46 pm

TheFallenenvoy wrote:
DONT LISTEN TO DFW SHE DOESNT HAVE A SERIES AND DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING ABUT ANYTHING ABOUT MAKING SLENDERVLOGS OK.
Well excuses u mister BIGSHOT-WITH-A-SERIES next time I'll refrain from giving my non-expertise opinion

(again, I'm not trying to discourage, only giving my humblest of opinions <33
if you ever do get this running I'll be watching for sure Wink )
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

Pufflekong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pufflekong   Pufflekong EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:56 pm

And I call bullshit on your double-post, Envoy :U

But I agree with DFW, this sounds like a massive undertaking that would require quite some effort to make sure it's done justice!
Back to top Go down
Shayde
Watched

Current Win Points : 133

Pufflekong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pufflekong   Pufflekong EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:04 am

goomba771 wrote:
now I want to make this slendy series just because it seems so brilliant. A friend of mine, Alex Phlatter watches my videos and researches about the slender man he knows enough to were the point where he cannot sleep. After weeks of being scared of the slender man he finally gets over it and also finds out he's going on a cruise for a week. He decides to record the cruise and about after 20 videos of the cruise he realises something is wrong and then reviews the tapes and notices slenderman in several of them. He begins to freak out and about 3 days after that happens there's a new video up and you see the ship sinking and slendy's tentacles attacking the ship. The next video takes place on an island where Alex is now stranded with only the clothes on this back and his water proof video camera. This is where the series starts to get intense because Slenderman starts to make direct contact with him. Alex drew the operator symbol in the sand asking for help and the helicopter above him all of a sudden crashes into the ocean and then Alex looks behind and sees slendy standing there. That's basicly all I'm going to give away but I think this is a really good idea for a series, what do you think??? and also if you think it's worth making how do you think I'd make the ship and the island

You've got ambition. I like that in a creator. As a Grand Master Slenderologist, I'll help out a little.

Now, making both a ship and and island will be pretty damn expensive, and time consuming. We're looking at years here. Plus, you would want the cruise ship to be sturdy but, like the Titanic, sinkable. This is already achievable with pre-made ships, which are likely a lot cheaper. Go for one of those. As for making an island, it would produce inferior results, with people being able to notice its man-made-ness. And buying a tropical island is both difficult, and unlikely to be worth your while after you've completed your shoot. This is a problem lots of shows involving tropical islands have. There is a solution though. Use Hawaii. Like, all of it. If you have to. It worked for LOST, and it'll most likely work for this series.

Now the length. I know you're probably set on around 20 cruise ship videos, but you should cut it down to...2 tops. Keeps it sharp and suspenseful, whilst getting to the meat of things. Also, instead of 3 days, make it 6 to 9 months. Maybe more. Perhaps even 3 years? Make it seem as though someone found the videos washed up somewhere. Even start with the island videos, then jump back to how Alex got to the island later on. Also, other survivors. If you want to milk this premise, you're going to need a large and varied cast of characters. Maybe have a doctor who doubts himself, and lives in his fathers shadow. A man of faith, who is or was disabled, but arriving on the island caused a miracle to happen. Maybe some fugitives. A woman who murdered her father, or a con man from Tallahassee. Also, you're going to want some island folk, who are either working for or against Slendy, but you don't find out about them until later. So a large cast of characters, like some other ambitious 2000s projects, the names of which I seem to have LOST.

Maybe don't give Slendy too much focus though. He's lurking, in the background, behind the scenes. It makes it that much more suspenseful. He comes out at key moments, but you can hear him, or see the static. Focus on the characters, both the good and bad, and expand on why they live like they do, and just what brought them to the island. Maybe have some go crazy, Lord of the Flies style. Or lots of kidnapping, and freighters exploding, and time travel, and nukes, and destiny, and the afterlife. It's your series, just do what you feel is right.

Maybe you should work on finishing your previous series first though, before jumping into such a big project. That's my two pennies worth anyhow.
Back to top Go down
alliterator
Observer
alliterator

Current Win Points : 39

Pufflekong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pufflekong   Pufflekong EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:09 pm

Shayde, you are awesome. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

Current Win Points : 11

Pufflekong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pufflekong   Pufflekong EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:34 am

I'm with Shayde on this, To my knowledge you not only have a Slender vlog but also those video's you do with the stuffed toys, Taking on another big project like this will not work out well.
Back to top Go down
http://furfishandfire.blogspot.ca/
Sponsored content

Pufflekong Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pufflekong   Pufflekong Empty

Back to top Go down

Pufflekong
Page 1 of 1