Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING

Go down 
+13
sethlapod555
The Visitor
The Slenderfreak
Yuuasou
Malus
DFW
Corfa
Shayde
Zetto1995
alliterator
ExorcistGamer
Omega
DJay32
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DJay32
Anxious
DJay32

Current Win Points : 17

OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING Empty
PostSubject: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:15 pm

Hello, Slender Nation. The name's DJay32, and I'm here to tell you that Rapture is coming.

I have this ongoing story titled OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING, which you can find here. The plot is.. fairly complicated, but the premise is simple: APOCALYPSE. Remember Harold Camping? He said "Rapture" would come on May 21st, 2011. And then he said it'd actually come on October 21st. This story's basically what life would have been like had he been right. It's kept in daily stream-of-consciousness journals by the sixteen-year-old version of yours truly, Jordan Dooling.

The meta story is a four-act apocalyptic serial novel with deconstructions of zombie apocalypse stories, "epic" video game motifs, teen fiction, high fantasy structures, and some of the conventions of a slenderblog and a Fearblog. Because yes, this is in the Fear Mythos, which you may know of as "that spin-off of our mythos." But don't worry, the slender man is even more important to the story than Fears are. Which is why I decided to make this thread.

You see, I've just posted the first log of the fourth and final act, and..

OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING Beast

..well, let's just say slendy's very important to the plot by this point. OH YEAH, that's another thing! Rapture has accompanying art throughout by some wonderful artists. And between you and me, there's a.... comic of sorts in the works.

But yeah. I figured I'd make this thread now that the fourth act's started. Very Happy Before I end this post, I'll give a quick listing of the acts:

Act I: (The Coming of) The Four Rakes Apocalypse NOW! Europe is falling under the control of eldritch beings, and portals to another world are popping up everywhere. Jordan teams up with a lost girl named Donnie, and they are introduced to a rogue's gallery of horrors as they try to escape the continent.

Act II: (The Seven Ciphers of) The Blind Man's Book Question your answers! America is undergoing many changes politically and demographically, and our protagonists are getting introduced to the rest of the Fears! Can they team up with more protagonists, and is it even possible to find answers at this point?

Act III: (The Duels of) The Knights of Xanadu Fate is late! The protagonists are starting to really experience the traumas of the apocalypse! As The Anathema builds up something called "The Neonate" and The Beast's presence starts to surface, our protagonists are beginning to wonder who the real antagonists are!

Act IV: The Hunt (of The Beast and The Harlot, The Seven Beacons, and The Terminal Coming of Rapture) The end is fear! Good portions of the Earth are in Xanadu, and our protagonists have a lot of trouble to figure out before October 21st! Even with the helpful help of Fears Salmacis, Tiresias, and The Musicians, can the heroes beat every single apocalypse coming their way? Make some room, Rapture; The Beast is here!

SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, I hope you enjoy my story. Remember to check out the table of contents! AND BUY A SHIRT
Back to top Go down
http://blindrapture.tumblr.com/
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:18 pm

DJay32 wrote:
AND BUY A SHIRT

NO SERIOUSLY, BUY A SHIRT. THEY'RE PRETTY COOL LOOKING. YOU WILL BE THE HEIGHT OF ALL FASHION IN THE WORLD IF YOU DO.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

Current Win Points : 143

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:26 pm

Omega wrote:
DJay32 wrote:
AND BUY A SHIRT

NO SERIOUSLY, BUY A SHIRT. THEY'RE PRETTY COOL LOOKING. YOU WILL BE THE HEIGHT OF ALL FASHION IN THE WORLD IF YOU DO.

Omega bought a shirt. You want to be like Omega don't you?

Running headfirst into battles and getting killed brutally in everyone's blogs while being comfortable in a cool shirt.

But seriously, The Rapture Logs are a great read. Very effectively pulls off Mood Whiplash a LOT, has self-inserts done right and so many references that actually fit the context quite well. And despite how the rest of the Fears get more of an appearance, DJay isn't kidding about Slendy having a bigger role to play.

And buy a shirt.

Surely you want to roam the wastelands of the end of the world and be able to say "I was prepared for this long ago with a Rapture T-Shirt."
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:39 pm

ExorcistGamer wrote:
Omega wrote:
DJay32 wrote:
AND BUY A SHIRT

Omega bought a shirt. You want to be like Omega don't you?
He's right. I did.

Spoiler:

Look at that sexy. Don't you wish you could be like that sexy?

On the topic of the story, I highly recommend checking it out, at least because of its uniqueness. Even if the story doesn't sound like your cup of tea, you probably won't find a Fear or Slenderblog like it anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
alliterator
Observer
alliterator

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:57 pm

I fully agree with all of the above. Including the t-shirt. I have bought a Cockroach Jesus t-shirt and I am patiently waiting for it to arrive (i.e. checking everyday to see if it's been shipped yet).
Back to top Go down
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:24 pm

Holy shit that was awesome! I just read the overture and I am hooked, That kicked ass!
Back to top Go down
http://furfishandfire.blogspot.ca/
Shayde
Watched

Current Win Points : 133

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:26 pm

I am in agreement that everyone should totally read this. It will be possibly worth your while. Hell there's even a Cockroach Jesus shirt these days. Where else would you find a Cockroach Jesus t-shirt?

OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING Nowhere+Else+Road-1

I could create a very long list of reasons why you should be reading this. A very, very long list, that may take ages to read through. But it would be beside the point, because you should be reading it yourself. I'm not even sure why you're still reading my post. Go, hurry my child, read it.

Back to top Go down
Corfa
Watched
Corfa

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:00 am

I havn't stopped reading for the past 3 days...(help me!) But aside from that, loving the story! I'm up to Adventure Time 5/8. I love the character's (Mistress is my favorite :3 I would be her pet ANY DAY!..except for rape.) There all are colerful and..BADASS! 5/5! (Being genorous. :3)
Back to top Go down
DFW
Observer
DFW

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:14 am

I didn't sleep last night, decided to read this instead. I'm a bit into the second act and I am impressed, this is really good stuff.

Welp @_@ time to ignore everything till I'm caught up (people who want to talk to me today.. I'm sorry..)
Back to top Go down
DJay32
Anxious
DJay32

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:15 pm

Saturday, September 17th, 2011.

New log! Here, we develop some of the settings you'll see in this last act, and then we.. see a character relation take a step to the next level. Hoo boy.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 am

Reading this right now.

I must say, it's quite entertaining. Great job on it so far.
Back to top Go down
Yuuasou
Untainted
Yuuasou

Current Win Points : 14

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:12 pm

I love Cockroach Jesus. Such a great idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marblehornetsmonday.tumblr.com
DJay32
Anxious
DJay32

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 12:48 am

Sunday, September 18th, 2011.

Here's the first Beacon, plus some exciting adventures! Very Happy And a biiit of foreshadowing. >w>
Back to top Go down
DJay32
Anxious
DJay32

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:23 pm

Doublepost because another new log.

Oh, how the story has grown since its earlier acts. And yes, this entry was inspired by The Dark Knight Rises. <_<
Back to top Go down
DJay32
Anxious
DJay32

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 11:23 pm

Another doublepost, I'm gonna stop labelling these "doubleposts" and start assuming that it's allowed because I'm posting updates.

Some teaser art for Rappu's secret Rapture project.

And also I'm gonna say this here (and I've said this nowhere else, so feel special! Very Happy): A new log'll come soon. I've been juggling a lot of stories and things lately. But I'm getting great ideas for what'll happen next in this.

But bah, this is a daunting story to write. ^^;; Especially now that we're in the last act, wow. But maybe, if I give it my best shot, I can give you guys a satisfying ending and feel happy with where the story goes. ..I dunno. I hope I can do this.

..pointless post is pointless. :c Sorry.
Back to top Go down
DJay32
Anxious
DJay32

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Here's that new log I promised.

Yeah, I'm getting the hang of this act. I'm starting to get the story down. In today's episode of Rapture, it's time you got to hear from the Beast underneath every old blind man's bed.

Yep, let's hear from the slender man wearing a scarf of blood and hat of shadow, shall we? Let's find out what makes him tick.
Back to top Go down
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:28 am

WOW! I just finished act 3 and I have to say this is a masterpiece! I plan on reading act 4 as soon as I have the time.
Back to top Go down
DJay32
Anxious
DJay32

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:34 am

I LOVE YOU. THANK YOU SO MUCH, THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH. ;W; daaaaaah, this is why I love readers.

Here's a new log!

Rapture is officially 4/5 complete! Over that, technically. There's only one month of logs left.

..also, it might help if I knew the double-posting policies around here. <Very Happy I mean, if I'm just posting updates to the blog, is that okay, or am I to wait for responses 99% of the time?
Back to top Go down
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:37 am

Wait for a response, But if you want to make an update edit it into your last post so you don't DP, After all the only being's scarier then the Beast are the mod's and admin of SN.
Back to top Go down
DJay32
Anxious
DJay32

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 1:48 am

Got it. <:DDDD Hahahaaaaa, I apologize for pretty much the entire last page, then.

NEW LOG.

Do note that I've retconned every mention of The Omen from Act IV so that this log would have more impact. Except for The Reverie's dream.

BUT YEAH, in this log, expect Omega to show up as well as another Fearblogger. Expect a lot of conversations about things. And expect some big reveals or something.

The story's in its last stretch. The end is starting to appear on the horizon, and the methods we'll be using to bring it are popping up.
Back to top Go down
Shayde
Watched

Current Win Points : 133

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 5:29 am

There's been a few new Rapture logs released recently, with some of them being called, very good, and even possibly the best yet by some readers! If you're not reading yet, you really should give it a go!

September 23rd

September 24th

September 25th
Back to top Go down
The Slenderfreak
Anxious
The Slenderfreak

Current Win Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Okay, I gotta say, I LOVE Rapture. I really do. I read through most of act 1 within an afternoon. but then I stopped. And I did not get another chance to look at it again. and so I forgot it. and now you guys are already into the fourth act. And Slendy's SUPER important (or so you say, DJay), which makes me happy. But now, I don't know anything besides just escaping Mistress. and it'll take me forever to read all of the stuff up to this point. So now, I have my favorite blog going way the heck far out, and I'm not even close to caught up. darn you, DJay32. Darn you. I'm going to have to wait 'till you finish this beast (and it's a pretty freaking epic beast, I must say) to read it. You have both my warmest congratulations and a hearty handshake (well, you would, but I'm not much for physical contact), and at the same time evil dagger-shooting eyes and silent curses. I look forward to finally reading it when I know that there's an official end. I'm 100% certain that it's gonna be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 2:42 pm

Well i'm all caught up (I marathoned through the last few entry's while listening to Dream Theater for extra awesomeness!) And this is what I have to say: ...... That's right, I'm speechless with awe, This may well be one of the best story's I have read in a long time. Keep up the great work DJ!
Back to top Go down
DJay32
Anxious
DJay32

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:48 am

Thank you so freaking much, all of you. >W< Thank you, Shayde, for posting the links. Thank you, Slenderfreak, for the kind words and I hope you enjoy the rest of the story when you read it (it should be in a few months!). Thank you, Zetto, for all your kind words and being a frequent poster in this thread. .w.

I don't have a new log to give you, but I have pictures to share! Very Happy

The Anathema
The slender man
Slendy's fashion show. ;D

All three of these were doodled by Rappu, and each took her barely even a minute to draw, I really freaking love this artist. But I figured I'd post these here because where better to post pictures of the slender man and a glitchy interpretation of The Rake than on Slender Nation? :3

And yes, they're concept art for something coming soon. >W> Except the fashion show; that was entirely just for fun.
Back to top Go down
Zetto1995
Watched
Zetto1995

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:18 am

Nice art DJay, Give Rappu my compliments. Also take as long as you need with the next log man, With the quality of your writing it's worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING   OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING Empty

Back to top Go down

OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next