Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Preference on Slender Man's Hands?

Go down 
+8
Ekaetriana
andywarski
apokAlypse
ChaosGamma
xyzombie
noeyes
DemonicUlquiorra
Zephyr_Mal
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Zephyr_Mal
Untainted
Zephyr_Mal

Current Win Points : 5

Preference on Slender Man's Hands? Empty
PostSubject: Preference on Slender Man's Hands?   Preference on Slender Man's Hands? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 12:45 pm

Is there a group agreement on whether Slender Man should have hands or not?

Do you prefer Marble Hornets's tentacle hands, Tribetwelve's hands and tentacles, or EverymanHYBRID's clawed hands? Or something completely different?
Back to top Go down
DemonicUlquiorra
Untainted
DemonicUlquiorra

Current Win Points : -7

PostSubject: Re: Preference on Slender Man's Hands?   Preference on Slender Man's Hands? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 12:52 pm

I think Slenderman should have elongated fingers but not claws... and tentacles of course.
Back to top Go down
http://bleachyaoi.wikia.com
noeyes
Untainted
noeyes

Current Win Points : -4

PostSubject: Re: Preference on Slender Man's Hands?   Preference on Slender Man's Hands? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:22 pm

I like the claws it shows how cruel he is
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CultOfHorizon
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: Preference on Slender Man's Hands?   Preference on Slender Man's Hands? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 2:42 pm

I always prefer branches or branch like appendages or even tentacles. Nothing complex like fingers and hands, or if fingers need to be there, then perhaps really long fingers and joints.
Back to top Go down
ChaosGamma
Observer
ChaosGamma

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: Preference on Slender Man's Hands?   Preference on Slender Man's Hands? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 4:41 pm

I can't say as I've ever noticed these "tentacle-hands" or the claws. Mind telling me which videos would be good for catching that?

I've always kind of gone with him being able to alternate between hands and tentacles as per the original Victor Surge pics. The only one where he definitely has hands is in the last one. Looking at it right now, it seems like it's kind of halfway between hands and tentacles, like they snapped the pic while he was in the middle of changing.

(I'd include the pics, but I'm lazy. And you should know where to find them anyway.)
Back to top Go down
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: Preference on Slender Man's Hands?   Preference on Slender Man's Hands? EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:29 pm

ChaosGamma wrote:
I can't say as I've ever noticed these "tentacle-hands" or the claws. Mind telling me which videos would be good for catching that?

I don't think it's necessarily that his hands have ever been tentacles or branches, but his reaching instruments. Like, whenever Slendy reaches towards somebody with his hands, he seems comical and pointless, like in Caught Not Sleeping. There was a solid moment when he creeped out of the door in the woods, and it was amazing, but he missed the mark when it reached out at him with his hands, it made Slendy seem more humanistic. When he keeps his hands to his sides, and reaches out with his other wordly appendages, or just creeps and doesn't move his hands at all - corrupting people and electronic devices and whatnot, like in Marble Hornets or Tribe Twelve or Everyman Hybrid, it totally has a better and creepier effect.
Back to top Go down
ChaosGamma
Observer
ChaosGamma

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: Preference on Slender Man's Hands?   Preference on Slender Man's Hands? EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 3:10 pm

xyzombie wrote:
I don't think it's necessarily that his hands have ever been tentacles or branches, but his reaching instruments. Like, whenever Slendy reaches towards somebody with his hands, he seems comical and pointless, like in Caught Not Sleeping. There was a solid moment when he creeped out of the door in the woods, and it was amazing, but he missed the mark when it reached out at him with his hands, it made Slendy seem more humanistic. When he keeps his hands to his sides, and reaches out with his other wordly appendages, or just creeps and doesn't move his hands at all - corrupting people and electronic devices and whatnot, like in Marble Hornets or Tribe Twelve or Everyman Hybrid, it totally has a better and creepier effect.

The original poster mentions Slendy having clawed hands in EMH and tentacle hands in MH. I'm not really sure what they're talking about because in neither series have I ever taken any notice of his hands.

When people say tentacle hands though, I'm thinking of something like in the Victor Surge pics, specifically those ones in the woods where he's using them to lift himself up off the ground. Probably more like tentacle arms really. There's also the pic where he's outside the window, where he appears to have multiple branch-like arms.

I have to say, I don't really mind Slendy using his hands. I guess I just don't see why he shouldn't use his "human" appendages. Maybe not all the time, but once in a while. And probably not to actually pick stuff up. I don't know, I'm rambling and now I'm starting to confuse myself.

Last edited by ChaosGamma on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
apokAlypse
Untainted
apokAlypse

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Preference on Slender Man's Hands?   Preference on Slender Man's Hands? EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 3:39 am

I usually picture him having black hands, like, the suit is part of his skin and continues all the way, without any visible edges of the suit's arm, or something. But I think that can change, or something. Like, when he's just "normal" Slendy seen stalking people, he looks like a tall faceless guy in a suit, and has more "human" body propotions etc, etc, etc. But he can shapeshift a little and become more "scary" to ensnare his victims, and then gets tentacles, gets taller, more scary and alien-looking in general. And then I picture his hands getting more "clawed" or at least weirder, since he's suppose to be related to trees.

But honestly I had never heard of Slendy having clawed hands in EverymanHYBRID D;
Back to top Go down
andywarski
Anxious
andywarski

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Preference on Slender Man's Hands?   Preference on Slender Man's Hands? EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 1:51 pm

I've always imagined Slendy as changing from time to time. Like in MH, the hotel scene (I believe 41 not 100 percent sure) He looked huge and his hands were completely tentacle like whilst in MH 14 when he comes through the door you see actual hands rather then tentacles. Perhaps since he is not an actual human and more of an entity, he changes. Perhaps to enstil fear or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Ekaetriana
Untainted
Ekaetriana

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Preference on Slender Man's Hands?   Preference on Slender Man's Hands? EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 3:27 pm

My personal preference is imagining him with gloved hands, very elongated fingers with the possibility of sharp nails but not necessarily claws. And of course tentacles from the back.

I think it is a cool concept for the hands to change back and forth as well.

I like the idea of branches, especially if I were to think of looking up and not being able to tell the difference between branches and tentacles. The Slender Man blending into a forest is an amazing image.

So yeah, I'm obviously open to anything. In my opinion, he would be able to change at will to suit whatever he needed at the time. :/

Back to top Go down
Baroness
Untainted
Baroness

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Preference on Slender Man's Hands?   Preference on Slender Man's Hands? EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 4:08 pm

I always liked Marble Hornets' flipper-like appendages. Doesn't sound creepy when you use the word 'flipper,' of course, but I think the fact that their length changes so often while his apparent lack of digits does not is pretty creepy.
Back to top Go down
britaki
Anxious
britaki

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: Preference on Slender Man's Hands?   Preference on Slender Man's Hands? EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 1:08 am

I'm cool with both tentacles and hands. As far as how his hands look now that I think about it I have been thrown off before due to...."child like hands" I guess you could say. If he's going to have hands I guess they should look like they'd give a firm neck shake. MANS HANDS in other words.
Back to top Go down
Menasay
Untainted
Menasay

Current Win Points : -5

PostSubject: Re: Preference on Slender Man's Hands?   Preference on Slender Man's Hands? EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 5:28 pm

Enlonged fingers and tentacles. Hands should have white gloves to go with his suit like a gentlemen.
Back to top Go down
rollp
Untainted
rollp

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Wrap?   Preference on Slender Man's Hands? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:41 am

My opinion creeps me out but in Marble Hornets entry #14 as he is opening the door it almost looks to me like somewhat elongated "human" hands that have been wrapped in some sort of cloth. This may be some way to hide previously mentioned claws or tentacles but I just think its cool/creepy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preference on Slender Man's Hands?   Preference on Slender Man's Hands? Empty

Back to top Go down

Preference on Slender Man's Hands?
Page 1 of 1