Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Mobile Site

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

Mobile Site Empty
PostSubject: Mobile Site   Mobile Site EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 2:17 pm

I wasn't sure if I should PM Zander or Erratic, so I'm creating a topic instead. I don't know if this is actually within your influence or not, but I'd just like to provide a heads up on the state of the mobile version of this site.

Mobile Site 332colu

This hasn't just been since the snow has been introduced either, it's always been this dodgy. It just crashes my phone a lot when I have to load the desktop version, compete with snow and scrolling newsfeed and such. Like I said, I don't know if you guys can influence it at all, but I'd appreciate it if you could. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

Mobile Site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Site   Mobile Site EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 2:54 pm

There's nothing we can do about the Mobile version of the site. That's more of Forumotion's problem than ours.

As for the Desktop version on a phone, I check SN on my Android phone regularly and I haven't had too many problems navigating it. Most problems I've had were connection-related and some loading issues. Phone crashing issues tend to be the phone's problem for not being able to handle JavaScript, Application problems in general, or if its RAM is reaching its limit.

My advice would be to disable JavaScript on your phone browser to lessen the lag/phone crashing problems and see if that works first. If it doesn't, I'll see what else can be done.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

Mobile Site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Site   Mobile Site EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 3:32 pm

Snow's been a bit dodgy on the non-mobile site as well. I get it pausing a lot and failing to fall, and sometimes it just doesn't load and I'll get weird black boxes that go away as soon as I scroll the page. It's like that one episode of Doctor Who... O.o
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Mobile Site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Site   Mobile Site EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 3:39 pm

I get the pausing sometimes too, but that's usually if you switch windows or tabs. I'll take down the snow tomorrow then.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Mobile Site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Site   Mobile Site EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 5:46 pm

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I'm on an iPhone so I can't do the JavaScript disabling. I appreciate it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Mobile Site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Site   Mobile Site EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:18 pm

> Settings
>> Safari
>>> Javascript ON/OFF

Just turn it off, assuming you use Safari.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Mobile Site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Site   Mobile Site EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:36 pm

I'm a Chrome user. I just find the whole layout easier to be honest. It's not a big deal though, I'll make do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mobile Site Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Site   Mobile Site Empty

Back to top Go down

Mobile Site
Page 1 of 1