Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Why This Happened

Go down 
+2
Moriarty
River Song
6 posters
AuthorMessage
River Song
Watched
River Song

Current Win Points : 67

Why This Happened Empty
PostSubject: Why This Happened   Why This Happened EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 4:36 pm

For a long time now, the Slenderverse has been one set of cliques after another. This is going to end. For too long, all the groups, forums, and chats have been modded by one group of tight-knit friends or another. This kind of moderation leads to people feeling left out and pushed to the side lines. Moving ahead, we’re going to take every step to be as inclusive as possible.

Many people right now are complaining that the previous mods kept things drama-free. The worst drama, however, is always the drama that you can’t see. This would be the disinclusion of others, and not talking to them about it. Things may look fine on the surface, but there are always going to be those who feel left out, and unless you talk to them, they may not want to bring the subject up. I found this to be the case on facebook, when that group went through a similar spat of drama.

In the last few days, I’ve had numerous messages sent to both myself and the Doctor, as well as posted in public forums. From what I’ve seen, making Slender Nation a “safe haven” for some people, made many others feel uncomfortable, ignored, and even hated. Many people told us personally that they had never felt welcomed here, and now feel comfortable posting or returning. Here’s some of what I’ve seen:

“Can you please tell [the Doctor] thank you? After the situation with him, I quietly left as well. The mods there kind of had a problem with me and drug my series and my name through the mud. I feel safe to go back there now, which is great. Slendernation held a great place in my heart, because without it, [my fiance] and I would have never met.
So, I'm really glad he's back. If that means anything at all.”

“‘Thought it was cliquey and dramatic’
FILED UNDER REASONS I NEVER JOINED sn”

“Well, I'm still on the forum, but I've just kinda been rather absent with it, really >.>; Mainly due to the fact that the last batch of mod don't care for me because of the shit I did about a year ago :/ I'm sure they still don't trust me, and, because of that, I stayed my distance from it and really only using it as a source to find more b/vlogs. But, since I seem not to have much to worry about, I'll be back more often :3”

“from day one SN has had a rep for elitism. First for blogs (Bloggers said they weren't getting appreciated on UF) and then CNS butterflies.”

“‘Can someone explain to me why DarkHarvest doesn't have a sub-forum on the "Video Series Trailheads" section?’
‘Because the admins had a beef with Alex Madden.’
‘But Alex Madden ≠ DarkHarvest. Seems like a pretty immature thing to do for a site catering to slenderverse fans.’”

In any case, the aim is now to include all those who wish to be a part. Going forward, there’s obviously going to be some changes. As the Doctor said, he and Cairo will be the only admins. There’s obviously also going to be a group of moderators, chosen out of some of the slenderverse creators and some of the forum members. We would also like to extend modship of the CNS sub-forum to the official CNS TC mods, if they so choose. We know that they may no longer wish to return at this point, which is completely understandable, given the circumstances.

All of you who have been affected by this change negatively, I’m truly sorry. I had to go through it myself a few months ago, when changes were made in the facebook group, and I had to see a lot of lies and half-truths being spread about me, and a lot of friendships broken. My hope is that we can avoid this happening again. Happily, a change of modship on facebook helped to really clear things up and end a lot of drama and trolling. We want to do the same.

Right now, a lot of people want the old mods to return. That, however, is up to them, and they have pretty much all stated that they do not want to return now. The intention must be, then, that new mods are found. We have some suggestions for that already, and are looking at the options. If you know of people you would like to see as mods, please speak up. And if you truly want to stay in with those who have left who were your friends, there are other channels for doing that. The notion that a large public forum can become a “safe haven” is an illusion. Anyone can join, anyone can post.

Thank you for taking the time to read through all of this.
Back to top Go down
Moriarty
Stalked
Moriarty

Current Win Points : 327

Why This Happened Empty
PostSubject: Moriarty and the very last Hurrah   Why This Happened EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:00 pm

Edited by The Doctor There are no need for insults, Moriarty. If you continue to do this, I will be forced to take action.
Back to top Go down
CuteWithoutThe
Watched
CuteWithoutThe

Current Win Points : 77

Why This Happened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why This Happened   Why This Happened EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:13 pm

Moriaty I hardly even know you but just know that I love you. I just... I just do.

Other than that, that's all I have to say on the matter. Godspeed on you eliminating cliques or whatever ect ect.
Back to top Go down
Enjolras
Anxious
Enjolras

Current Win Points : 28

Why This Happened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why This Happened   Why This Happened EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Who even are you?

Who are you to act as though you know every blessed thing about this forum?

I see five complaints about SN. FIVE. This forum has over 1400 members. The issues those people have/had with the forum could even be the product of their own sensitive feelings and imaginations. Even if they were legitimate, Slender Nation has done its best as a community to make everyone feel welcomed since Doc was ousted. You know nothing about the greatness this forum once had and you should be ashamed to speak of the Admins and Mods the way you are.
Back to top Go down
Lumine
Observer
Lumine

Current Win Points : 39

Why This Happened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why This Happened   Why This Happened EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:16 pm

She's a creator and she's living with the Doc in real life. I think she has some merit to speak here.

Last edited by Lumine on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/roballencomber
Enjolras
Anxious
Enjolras

Current Win Points : 28

Why This Happened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why This Happened   Why This Happened EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:19 pm

Lumine wrote:
She's a creator

Right, so that makes her an expert on how SN operates and how it used to be, right?

Lumine wrote:
and she's living with the Doc in real life.

... and therefore only knows Doc's side of this story. That's how you were gonna finish that, I believe.
Back to top Go down
CuteWithoutThe
Watched
CuteWithoutThe

Current Win Points : 77

Why This Happened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why This Happened   Why This Happened EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:21 pm

I think the negative reaction to this change far outweighs the few innocuous complaints you seem to have. But what do I even know! Surprised
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

Why This Happened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why This Happened   Why This Happened EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:24 pm

I'm going to say this once, and once only. This isn't changing. I'm not going anywhere. My aim is to take this forum to an even greater height than it was. If you don't agree with that, then I will not stop you from leaving. If you think you can handle that, then by all means, stay!
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
Moriarty
Stalked
Moriarty

Current Win Points : 327

Why This Happened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why This Happened   Why This Happened EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:26 pm

There's every need for insults, when the person you're insulting deserves them.
It's all part of telling the truth, something I was raised to do - I suppose you missed that lesson.
I like the fact that you've actually acknowledged me by name finally. Although there's no need to call me "Moriarty", you know my real name and I was never as much of a play-actor as you were.

So go ahead and "take action", I've already said that I'm just waiting for this account to be deleted

SMITE ME O MIGHTY SMITER!

GO AHEAD AND BRING DOWN THE HAMMER, BECAUSE LIKE FREDDIE MERCURY I AM JUST WAITING FOR IT TO FALL!

And Lumine, just do be a dear and shut up. The jumped-up Victor Surge fan boys and girls that call themselves the "Creators" have never had much sway here, and they were never supposed to.
Being a creator does not qualify one to talk about the internal politics of this forum, and it never has. Especially since, during the last big kerfuffule almost all of them started talking out of their arses without any idea of the facts.
Although, I imagine that that has all changed, now that your new overloads have decided that fellating the "Creators" 24/7 is more important than upholding the courtesies of basic human decency and loyalty.

I'm still waiting for the brimstone.

I'm ready for my trip down Reichenbach falls - see I can do the twee in character shtick too.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

Why This Happened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why This Happened   Why This Happened EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:30 pm

As I said. If you continued to attempt and incite hate, I would take action. I just did.
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
Lumine
Observer
Lumine

Current Win Points : 39

Why This Happened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why This Happened   Why This Happened EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:32 pm

For your own benefit, I shall remove the phrase involving creators and stick to the main point of the statement.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/roballencomber
River Song
Watched
River Song

Current Win Points : 67

Why This Happened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why This Happened   Why This Happened EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:35 pm

Why is the emphasis on "how things used to be?" The verse has CHANGED. It's not about a small group of writer friends and fans anymore. The MAIN Slender Man forum should not be disincluding ANYONE. Not even the derp until it gets too derp.

Again, if you want to have a place for you and your few friends, go set up a private forum or a skype chat, or a TC. Go have your clique somewhere else.

PS. Doc has admitted that he contributed greatly to the clique, and will not let that happen again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why This Happened Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why This Happened   Why This Happened Empty

Back to top Go down

Why This Happened
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Nation :: Announcements-
Jump to: