Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Cults, and their involvement with The Tall Man

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

Current Win Points : 28

Cults, and their involvement with The Tall Man Empty
PostSubject: Cults, and their involvement with The Tall Man   Cults, and their involvement with The Tall Man EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:30 am

I know that this idea is not new. DarkHarvest and several blogs have gone into the people who worship Slender man and they have done so pretty effectively, presenting a new threat that is connected to slender man but not as much of a debated topic as proxies.

Of course there would be people who worship something with such omnipotent powers as Slendy.
Hell there are fans who probably would.

So my question is...how would YOU like to see the topic/concept of cults explored?
What are the problems with it?
How should it be done?
Should it not be a common thing?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TrialofLeaves?feature=watch
Loki
Untainted
Loki

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Cults, and their involvement with The Tall Man   Cults, and their involvement with The Tall Man EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:53 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing some cult aspects being used against the Slender Man at some point. Sort of like ancient Egyptian culture/religion had books of prayers dedicated to keeping certain demons and god-like entities either imprisoned or asleep... Apep and the Book of the Dead were examples of this.
I think if used properly this could be a great twist on the whole cult aspect.
Back to top Go down
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

PostSubject: Re: Cults, and their involvement with The Tall Man   Cults, and their involvement with The Tall Man EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 3:02 pm

wow. Did NOT think of that. That could work actually. Good twist. Of course people would be against him. I think people dont use this because it removes fear if you have an organization on you side with hidden knowledge. If anything, they would be ones who could weaken him momentarily
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Cults, and their involvement with The Tall Man   Cults, and their involvement with The Tall Man EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:34 pm

I do like the idea of a Slenderman Cult.

Black Candles, dark rooms, low chanting... blood operator symbols?

I think it's inevitable that there'd be a cult IG, possibly even OOG. After all, there was a bunch of people who thought Star Trek was real. And with all the uniformed people playing ARG's without realizing they're playing them, it's only a matter of time before some cult springs up IRL. That's slightly off-topic, but it's rooted in the very basics of the thread. I think.
Back to top Go down
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

PostSubject: Re: Cults, and their involvement with The Tall Man   Cults, and their involvement with The Tall Man EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:40 am

Etreo wrote:
I do like the idea of a Slenderman Cult.

Black Candles, dark rooms, low chanting... blood operator symbols?

I think it's inevitable that there'd be a cult IG, possibly even OOG. After all, there was a bunch of people who thought Star Trek was real. And with all the uniformed people playing ARG's without realizing they're playing them, it's only a matter of time before some cult springs up IRL. That's slightly off-topic, but it's rooted in the very basics of the thread. I think.

And you're absolutely right. The fact it COULD happen OOG is what makes the idea...well...unsettling and cool in a realistic manner
Back to top Go down
Loki
Untainted
Loki

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Cults, and their involvement with The Tall Man   Cults, and their involvement with The Tall Man EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:26 pm

JosiahMiller wrote:
wow. Did NOT think of that. That could work actually. Good twist. Of course people would be against him. I think people dont use this because it removes fear if you have an organization on you side with hidden knowledge. If anything, they would be ones who could weaken him momentarily

A thought here about removing the fear by weakening The Slender man: This cult doing so doesn't exactly have to be good themselves...perhaps they need to sacrifice children, or leave bloody, ritualistically dissected human parts in certain areas. There could be many various ways to compound the fear of The Slender man via a cult like this.
Cool

MOD EDIT: Fixed BBcode ~~Etreo
Back to top Go down
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

PostSubject: Re: Cults, and their involvement with The Tall Man   Cults, and their involvement with The Tall Man EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:41 pm

Very, very true. Sacrifice children specifically. cause thats a link to him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cults, and their involvement with The Tall Man   Cults, and their involvement with The Tall Man Empty

Back to top Go down

Cults, and their involvement with The Tall Man
Page 1 of 1