Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Your cravings for a new vlog

Go down 
+2
NearTheEnd
Etreo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

Your cravings for a new vlog Empty
PostSubject: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:34 pm

I've decided that its trailheading time. I do have an idea for the underlying concept, but I really wanted to know some of the things that you wanted to see in a Vlog. One of which I can disregard right off the bat however, is the Government involvement. Trust me, I look like an 11 year old David Cameron and you wouldn't e able to suspend disbelief on that front. It's something I'd be willing to try, and have in fact tried, in a blog but it wouldn't work on film.

So, beautiful denizens of Slender Nation, your wish is my command.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:40 pm

I can't really pinpoint what I want, but I can kiiind of tell you what I don't want. Is that alright?
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Anything's good! Just want to make this as enjoyable as possible for you guys, so whatever you tell us will be helpful!
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:08 pm

Okay, so hear me out with this. Just.. just read what I'm saying here...because I'm not too sure what I'm saying. Just...don't judge me. xD I'm bad at explaining things.
I'm tired of seeing the same old thing. Oh, look, everything is normal, then BAM! A wild Slenderman appears. Its very cookie-cutter. Most every vlog has the same general plot line. "Normal, everyday occurrences then something weird happens." While its the easiest and makes the most sense, (and I'm guilty of it in my own series) I'm a little tired of seeing it. I feel like its the same, regurgitated general plot.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:29 pm

Something different, I totally understand. OneHundredYardStare is the only Vlog which springs to mind that haven't done what you've said, so I totally hinder stand where you are coming from, and I will try to avoid starting it off like that. And thank you, because I would probably have fallen into that trap without your reply. XP
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:45 pm

Do they? See, I need to catch up with the newer series. xD
But yeah, its easy to fall into that. I did it myself. I just.. I guess I'm not watching the newer series because of that. Other things, too... Its just "ugh, the same thing again probably."
Back to top Go down
goomba771
Watched
goomba771

Current Win Points : 88

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:52 pm

I want to see a vlog that's about the protagonist, and his belief for Slenderman. He says he's watched a lot of documentaries and has seen a few entries of Marble Hornets. You can tell by the first video that he's scared to death. Throughout the entire series, there's nothing. No camera distortion, no sightings, nothing. All that happens is that you notice the protagonist slowly being driven to the point of insanity, and on the last video, at the end, you can see the protagonist passed out on the ground, covered in blood, with a knife in his hand. Scattered on the floor are pages with the Operator symbol scratched on them, and an Operator symbol made of blood on the floor, you can also see Slendy standing behind the protagonist at the end of the clip. The series then ends.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/goomba771
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Gommba, honey, I can't see your post from your picture.
Back to top Go down
goomba771
Watched
goomba771

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:15 pm

NearTheEnd wrote:
Gommba, honey, I can't see your post from your picture.

Sorry, I thought Slendernation automatically re sized them. I fixed it now.
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:24 pm

NearTheEnd wrote:
Do they? See, I need to catch up with the newer series. xD
But yeah, its easy to fall into that. I did it myself. I just.. I guess I'm not watching the newer series because of that. Other things, too... Its just "ugh, the same thing again probably."

Yeah but it is really hard to not fall back into this, because as you said it´s the most believable....on the other side ....throwing the characters just into it without proper introdution often doesn´t work properly too, especally when the creator takes too long to reveal how they got into it.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:33 pm

goomba771 wrote:
I want to see a vlog that's about the protagonist, and his belief for Slenderman. He says he's watched a lot of documentaries and has seen a few entries of Marble Hornets. You can tell by the first video that he's scared to death. Throughout the entire series, there's nothing. No camera distortion, no sightings, nothing. All that happens is that you notice the protagonist slowly being driven to the point of insanity, and on the last video, at the end, you can see the protagonist passed out on the ground, covered in blood, with a knife in his hand. Scattered on the floor are pages with the Operator symbol scratched on them, and an Operator symbol made of blood on the floor, you can also see Slendy standing behind the protagonist at the end of the clip. The series then ends.
I like this idea, actually. EXCEPT the use of Operator Symbols. You don't reeeeeally need a symbol at all. But blood is always fun. Always.
Also, its alright about the picture. I was just letting you know. xD
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:38 pm

OP STILL LURKS THE THREAD!

Thank you for the ideas, all 3 of you. I really like the deterioration suggested by Goomba, which is something I will see about doing pending whether or not Ivan actually act or if I'm just a deluded Mary Sue of a human being.

Just to run this by you guys, how would you feel if it was largely Slenderman based, but explored his relationship with the fears as well?
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:43 pm

Etreo wrote:

Just to run this by you guys, how would you feel if it was largely Slenderman based, but explored his relationship with the fears as well?

It is always a nice idea Smile
Especially if you can come up with something really good on how they are related exactly^^
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:45 pm

Etreo wrote:
OP STILL LURKS THE THREAD!

Thank you for the ideas, all 3 of you. I really like the deterioration suggested by Goomba, which is something I will see about doing pending whether or not Ivan actually act or if I'm just a deluded Mary Sue of a human being.

Look in my signature please. Tell me what you see. What? Near did a fear vlog?! Awww yeah she did.
But srsly, I love diving into the Fears. Love it so much I did it myself. BUUUUUT. You must execute this properly or I will smack you with my virtual hand of shame. THAT BEING SAID. Before I did Undecided Five, I spent forever researching each fear. If you do this, I will gladly help you. Anytime. I will tell you all I know. xD
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Yay! I'll start researching tomorrow (or later today, seeing as its now 00:57) and then start concocting their relationships in my head during that. Then I am write some story! Fun times.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:09 pm

Etreo wrote:
Yay! I'll start researching tomorrow (or later today, seeing as its now 00:57) and then start concocting their relationships in my head during that. Then I am write some story! Fun times.
If you need absolutely any help, if you're not sure about something, by all means, message me. I am here to help, my friend.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:20 pm

Thank you very much, it means a lot. Smile Likewise, if you can think of anything else you want me to do, just leave it in the thread and I'll reply as soon as I can!
Back to top Go down
goomba771
Watched
goomba771

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:06 pm

Another series idea I had was that it revolved around Victor Surge, how he created the monster, and now it's after him. The government is also after him, and he starts to loose his sanity, also, Slendy has the ability to make the camera see the hallucinations that VS is.
Back to top Go down
Mennos
Observer
Mennos

Current Win Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:28 pm

With my new vlog IsWarrenDead, the protagonist already knows about Slenderman and the fears, and as far as I can tell, that's not been done too many times, so that's a good way to start. And like Near said, try to avoid 'oh hey, everything is normal BAM Slenderman!" Try to ease him into the story without him actually just appearing out of nowhere for seemingly no reason. Deterioration of the protagonists is always good, and do your research on acting! Make sure you're reactions are exactly how real people would react to the situation, i.e. mass hysteria, anger and confusion, not just screaming and swearing.

Also, this is a big thing: make sure you are having fun. Everything will be infinitely better! It's obvious when the actor/creator s don't care for the project.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:48 pm

Mennos wrote:

Also, this is a big thing: make sure you are having fun. Everything will be infinitely better! It's obvious when the actor/creator s don't care for the project.
Spinning off of this last statement, not only do you want to have fun, DON'T. JUST. DO IT. TO GET. POPULAR. Jesus Christ, I can tell when someone is trying sooo hard to be "the next big vlog." Don't do it. Its awful. Just do it because you love the mythos. If you do it for any other reason, you're doing it wrong.
Also, don't care what anyone says. (I realize this sort of contradicts what I said above but whatever. Both of my points are valid, shoosh.) While its alright to ask what people want to see/what they think, this is your brain child. Everyone else's seemingly harsh opinions really don't matter all that much. This is your project. Love it--every single bit of it. Even when you mess up something and know it, you gotta keep going strong.
BUUUUT keep in mind that if you go waaay into left field, its kind of....no. Just no. For example, don't try to make Pikachu a proxy in your series. That's a little weird.
~Stay tuned next time for Rachel contradicts everything she says.~
Back to top Go down
Mennos
Observer
Mennos

Current Win Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:14 am

It's also a brilliant idea to work with the 'original mythos' i.e. Slenderman snatching up children. If you do it right, you'll get bonus points from the fandom. (Speaking from experience here)
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:33 am

Mennos wrote:
It's also a brilliant idea to work with the 'original mythos' i.e. Slenderman snatching up children. If you do it right, you'll get bonus points from the fandom. (Speaking from experience here)
21 and 22 of our series was pretty good if I do say so myself.
*highfives it with ya*
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:49 am

Mennos wrote:
Make sure you're reactions are exactly how real people would react to the situation, i.e. mass hysteria, anger and confusion, not just screaming and swearing.

Everytime i see this i must giggle a bit, because no one ever was in such a situation (beeing stalked by an eldrich abdomination) before, so no one knows exactly how real people would react to it^^

But with the rest you are absolutely right Smile
Back to top Go down
yelkca
Untainted
yelkca

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 11:27 pm

I've been thinking about this and I think I have a few ideas:
1. You know those shows like Finding Bigfoot or something, where a crew of people go out in search of *insert supernatural creature here*? Someone should do that with Slenderman. A group of friends go out into the woods, all "ahh lets find dat slundermun" and then... they do.

2. Maybe one starring a fan of slenderman vlogs, so that it plays out very much like a tired, cliche vlog, (in terms of story structure. Everything's normal and then BAM! slenderman) but it's different here because the main character knows the mythos and uses it to be well prepared. Maybe it's implied that MarbleHornets and stuff are fake, and this is the "real" slenderman, giving the creator a chance to play with audience expectation by making the mythos different.

(Sorry for the long post. I have the thoughts.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your cravings for a new vlog   Your cravings for a new vlog Empty

Back to top Go down

Your cravings for a new vlog
Page 1 of 1