Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

theoriginalaliendude

Go down 
+22
Blue Eyes
ChaosGamma
Wrathling
Verdett
Mr. Jeebles
Nedark
Slynesh
AlanAuch
cowboyghostie
quofomo
dezwithabat
Hellebore
Zhanro
Harlan Phoenix
Bloodshade
Get-In-Pants
Vivi
LisaEvermore
Hither-Thither
taylortexas
Satyrcynic
Trygon
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Harlan Phoenix
Untainted
Harlan Phoenix

Current Win Points : 33

theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 2:05 am

I don't get that complaint.

"AH SLENDERMAN SHOWED UP THAT WAS AWESOME oh now it's boring character stuff again."

"HOLY SHIT MARBLE HORNETS IS BACK oh its just hotel stuff now OH MASKY IT'S GOOD AGAIN."

I'm not talking about you specifically, but why do people ALWAYS complain during installments of series that don't have a Slenderman sighting? Do people not know how gravitas, character building, and narrative escalation work?
Back to top Go down
LisaEvermore
Taken
LisaEvermore

Current Win Points : 139

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 3:23 am

^I mean it in the way that they approach their character development. I adore character development, but this series seems to have none. And that is my biggest disappointment.
Back to top Go down
http://littlemsgreeneyes.tumblr.com/
Harlan Phoenix
Untainted
Harlan Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 4:26 am

LisaEvermore wrote:
^I mean it in the way that they approach their character development. I adore character development, but this series seems to have none. And that is my biggest disappointment.

Alana.
Back to top Go down
Hither-Thither
Observer
Hither-Thither

Current Win Points : 89

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:08 pm

Alana is a well-developed character because I can definitely see her as a real person.

However, she's the type of person I would go out of my way to avoid in real life.
Or punch in the face. Either one, really.
Back to top Go down
http://dragonlvrgyrl.deviantart.com
Harlan Phoenix
Untainted
Harlan Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Hither-Thither wrote:
Alana is a well-developed character because I can definitely see her as a real person.

However, she's the type of person I would go out of my way to avoid in real life.

She's the best Slenderverse character ever.

I can respect any Slender Mythos story that introduces a character by making her wear a giant cardboard mustache and doing the sillies. Also she is amazing.
Back to top Go down
LisaEvermore
Taken
LisaEvermore

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:56 am

Another video up:

First off, how does someone set up a camera angle, fussing with it so much and STILL have a crappy shot? I am a big fan of off-center shooting, but this was pointless unless something was going to be introduced from the doorway on the opposite side... and the fact that I knew that is where I was looking and thus was totally aware of it going to happen, took away all of the shock or surprise factor. So when the door popped open, I was ready for it.

Plus the sad hand-off of "Let's go get our book" to OH MY GOD. pause. LOOK OVER THERE. pause. THERE IS A MYSTERIOUS, pause, PERSON IN A SUIT LOOKING AT YOU THROUGH THE, pause, WINDOW RIGHT BEHIND YOU. And the fact that Josh so offhandedly says "Stand still, maybe he won't see you." Wait--what? He has no eyes and you are hoping that if you stand still he won't see you? Really? No. Slender Man has radar or is psychic or something, stand still all you want, he is still going to sense you through a 1/4in pane of glass less then a yd. away from him. Then--THEN to top it off the movie humor?! Josh, I hate you. I feel like you and I tend to take the same approach to this sort of thing should it happen to us, but still; I hate you Josh.

Off topic, but did they spell "Nathen" wrong? I've only ever seen it spelled "Nathan". No wait--Josh is correcting him. I hate you less, Josh, continue. A different "Nathen"? How likely is that to happen? Oh it is not from a phone at all, how did you know this? How do you expect us to know this?

And now Slendy is right behind them. That is believable of course, the WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO? pause and camera swing. WE CANNOT STAY OUT HERE, pause, FOREVER. OH SHIT! LOOK OVER, pause, THERE.

We end in silence as Josh loses Austin's place in his algebra book to find a not, SUBJECT: RUN.

I'm starting to feel bad for Nathan. Even moreso then I did before.
Back to top Go down
Hither-Thither
Observer
Hither-Thither

Current Win Points : 89

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 3:11 am

OH GOD, NOT THE PREPACKAGED HOSTESS BROWNIES!
Grooooss.

And everything Lisa said already.
Also, the jumpcuts are just not done well at all. It's super apparent that the video is fake (I mean we all know this, but MH and others do jumpcuts well, somehow). Probably has something to do with the broad daylight, which is another not-so-stellar directing choice.
Back to top Go down
http://dragonlvrgyrl.deviantart.com
dezwithabat
Untainted
dezwithabat

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 2:09 am

The only thing I really liked about the few episodes I could sit through was the end of PART 2 clip. Sure, Slendy looked a little on the short side, but I enjoyed the fact that he was walking ever so calmly toward them. Everything else isn't for me... the acting isn't the worst I've seen, though.
Back to top Go down
quofomo
Watched
quofomo

Current Win Points : 177

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:30 pm

New video up: HELPME.

SO MUCH THROW UP. And heavy breathing.
Back to top Go down
http://quofomo.tumblr.com
LisaEvermore
Taken
LisaEvermore

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:50 pm

And, RAGEEEEE!

I really thought it was going somewhere, but it didn't and that made me sad.
Back to top Go down
cowboyghostie
Anxious
cowboyghostie

Current Win Points : 9

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:04 am

I made a rough timed playlist of all three to date. https://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E46E118104C6FDD4

Let me know if I should change the order.
Back to top Go down
cowboyghostie
Anxious
cowboyghostie

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:06 am

cowboyghostie wrote:
I made a rough timed playlist of all three to date. https://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E46E118104C6FDD4

Let me know if I should change the order.

I really just went dude, watcher, razveeg by month and week when it was showing them. I don't know the exact timing.
Back to top Go down
cowboyghostie
Anxious
cowboyghostie

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 10:23 am

Okay, i found the actual dates, will have the order right before I sleeeeeep... O_________O Btw guys... this series is really underrated. Possibly because it's on 3 channels and hard to track.

Doooooone...! https://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E46E118104C6FDD4

First 3 Months
More Recent

Last edited by cowboyghostie on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:07 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : link fix)
Back to top Go down
AlanAuch
Observer

Current Win Points : 34

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:54 am

cowboyghostie wrote:
Okay, i found the actual dates, will have the order right before I sleeeeeep... O_________O Btw guys... this series is really underrated. Possibly because it's on 3 channels and hard to track.
Honestly I don't mind tracking it across multiple accounts. When I was getting up to speed on EMH I was willing to sit with windows open on their account, Alex's, their twitter feed, the Damsel's twitter feed AND her blog, inching through trying to take in all the elements in order. My biggest problem with this one has been how painfully slow it is to start. I'm too completist for my own good, so I end up sitting through stuff like the interminable, dimly-lit video in which they discuss videogames. I realise they're trying to make it look like a "real" YouTube channel, but it's difficult to slog through it at times
Back to top Go down
cowboyghostie
Anxious
cowboyghostie

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:03 pm

heh, i thought that about EMH at points too. Still not sure what's going on there.
Back to top Go down
AlanAuch
Observer

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:10 pm

well, I just spent basically the better part of the day watching this all the way through. Overall, I think there are some interesting ideas in it but damn if they haven't thrown in basically every trick in the book. Just needs a dude in a mask
Back to top Go down
cowboyghostie
Anxious
cowboyghostie

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:21 pm

AlanAuch wrote:
well, I just spent basically the better part of the day watching this all the way through. Overall, I think there are some interesting ideas in it but damn if they haven't thrown in basically every trick in the book. Just needs a dude in a mask

I actually like it better for it's LACK of a dude in a mask. That's really gotten old and I appreciate the way they're playing it out. I think that was the longest Slender-encounter I've seen yet on tape and Austin goin' zombie in his presence was funny. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AlanAuch
Observer

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 11:47 am

cowboyghostie wrote:
I actually like it better for it's LACK of a dude in a mask. That's really gotten old and I appreciate the way they're playing it out. I think that was the longest Slender-encounter I've seen yet on tape and Austin goin' zombie in his presence was funny. Very Happy
Well yeah, I'm not saying it would be improved by a Masky, just that they have practically every other device in there at some point, from EMH-style mysterious collage vids to TT-style presents and the ubiquitous "night recording where the protagonist vanishes out of bed suddenly" vid. They do still have some unique qualities of course. I absolutely love their Slender Man, have done since I saw the video where he shit-kicks Austin. With most Slender Men I get the feeling that whatever goes on inside his head is ultimately unknowable, but TOAD's Slendy seems to actively take pleasure in the cruelty he dishes out

Even though she's kind of abrasive as a character, I actually really like Alana's presence as part of the ensemble as well. All in favour of more vlogs with major female protagonists
Back to top Go down
cowboyghostie
Anxious
cowboyghostie

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:44 pm

Here here, more ladies fightin slenderz!

She's... well yeah. she's abrasive, in that overly cheerful sort of way. But i like her too.

Edit: I'm also fairly sure Nathan is the one playin Slenderz. He's the tallest.

Last edited by cowboyghostie on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : nathan)
Back to top Go down
cowboyghostie
Anxious
cowboyghostie

PostSubject: Poll   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:47 pm

Considering doing a compile of the Facebook/twitter since yes, he is so long winded, and there is a LOT of juicy bits there you don't see in just the vlog part.

Poll: Should I?

Nevermind CompileTRUTH actually requested assistance when I offered Very Happy

Last edited by cowboyghostie on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : duh, forgot to include the poll)
Back to top Go down
Slynesh
Anxious
Slynesh

Current Win Points : 40

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:26 am

Harlan Phoenix wrote:
Hither-Thither wrote:

She's the best Slenderverse character ever.

I can respect any Slender Mythos story that introduces a character by making her wear a giant cardboard mustache and doing the sillies. Also she is amazing.
While I agree that Alana is an amazing character at this point my list of "best" Slender Mythos characters doesn't put her at the top it goes 1.Evan(yeah I know who'd of guessed) 2.Micheal just for the fact that I feel the most attached to him 3. Alana for every stated reason before 4.Alex and to round out the top five Sarah from tribetwelve because I find her absolutely ADORABLE!

Also I feel like Micheal has a very good chance of taking Evan's place once he get developed a bit more.
Back to top Go down
cowboyghostie
Anxious
cowboyghostie

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 3:07 am

Erm... I am aware that some are not able to access the Facebook portion of what is going on because Josh is underage and only friends can see his stuff. I have been working on this for CompileTRUTH to look at, but.. I figure I should share. It's not up to date yet, because it is really hard to hunt out all the comments and transcribe them.
Back to top Go down
Slynesh
Anxious
Slynesh

Current Win Points : 40

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 3:10 am

cowboyghostie wrote:
Erm... I am aware that some are not able to access the Facebook portion of what is going on because Josh is underage and only friends can see his stuff. I have been working on this for CompileTRUTH to look at, but.. I figure I should share. It's not up to date yet, because it is really hard to hunt out all the comments and transcribe them.
Nice one win points for you..
Back to top Go down
cowboyghostie
Anxious
cowboyghostie

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 3:54 am

Slynesh wrote:
cowboyghostie wrote:
Nice one win points for you..

Very Happy My first win point, yay!
Back to top Go down
AlanAuch
Observer

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:00 am

cowboyghostie wrote:
I'm unable to give you more than one winpoint for this, and that sucks, because I'm only now realising how goddamn complicated The Angel's Game is. Seriously a hundred points, a thousand points for getting this stuff in order
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: theoriginalaliendude   theoriginalaliendude - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

theoriginalaliendude
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Finished Series-
Jump to: