Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

What's with the bronism?

Go down 
+10
River Song
awkwardraptor
T-M-S
Nexus
ArueIsClose
The Doctor
Todesfurcht
Chieftain1
Black_myst
BlueMarble
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BlueMarble
Stalked

Current Win Points : 149

What's with the bronism? Empty
PostSubject: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 8:40 am

Ok, I put this here cause I think it might initiate a conflict/argument of some sorts. What's with all the 'bronies'? I mean, My Little Pony is thought of as a children's cartoon, right? I mean, I tried watching it, and it's just a children's cartoon. So, since I can see a lot of 'bronies' around, what's going on with it? Just... WHY?? Not trying to offend anyone btw, just curious.
Back to top Go down
http://josephwritesrandomstuff.blogspot.com/
Black_myst
Anxious
Black_myst

Current Win Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:29 am

I'm right there with you. Why? Just...why?
Back to top Go down
Chieftain1
Taken
Chieftain1

Current Win Points : 193

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 10:26 am

Totally agree.I'm not against Bronies,Most of the fanbase is okay but there's that part of the fanbase that is annoying.Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLnGZjFH39HUbq_5uecBV-g
Todesfurcht
Observer
Todesfurcht

Current Win Points : 69

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 11:03 am

Agreed.

Every brony I've met is either an ass, or illiterate. Can't stand to be around those people. It's okay to like a show, but must you label yourself?

Really, I'm just tired of seeing everything I love ponfied.

Last edited by Todesfurcht on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 11:46 am

You all realize that every single person on this site that is a brony will not come forward at all? Especially with Todesfurcht's comment. I mean, must you try and out them? I understand if that wasn't your intent, however it would appear to me that it has become just that: an attempt to put the spotlight on them just for liking something you don't.
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
BlueMarble
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 1:42 pm

Not really, I just wanted to know why. I mean, maybe I'm missing something fabulous they're not. I'm not someone who isolates people for not liking the same things I do. What I do is look at the thing from their perspective and try to see why they like it. It's just, I can't do that with bronies. I'm probably not getting something.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:53 pm

Regardless of how you mean or meant it, they're probably not gonna come around and just gush about MLP. Reason is that Bronies are hazed a lot, and therefore feel the need to hide away from other people.
Back to top Go down
ArueIsClose
Observer
ArueIsClose

Current Win Points : 24

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:57 pm

I am a brony, I don't see whats so bad about it. Bronys are actually cool and funny, and MLP is a show for anyone. Admitng it myself, I still watch spongebob. Patrick all day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DownLowUnited
Nexus
Untainted

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 4:02 pm

I'm personally a Bronie. Which I don't really label myself that way, but that is what I am. I enjoy the series, its funny, and the people I know who are bronies as well are great people. It has a wonderful message about it and I enjoy the characters. I relate to Pinkie Pie the most.
Back to top Go down
T-M-S
Observer
T-M-S

Current Win Points : 63

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 5:20 pm

I don't get the interest in MLP personally. But I have no problem with Bronies. In general.

You do get those annoying ones though that really shove their fandom in your face and go on about it all the time as though everyone should know what they're talking about.
Back to top Go down
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

Current Win Points : 478

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 5:26 pm

I believe bronism to be just like any other phase currently aloft in the world, people see something, enjoy it, and they tell their friends about it, and their friends tell their friends, etcetera, etcetera.
Just like anything, I guess it is an acquired taste, but I'm not a brony, so I wouldn't know, this is just my speculation on it.
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 5:33 pm

T-M-S wrote:
You do get those annoying ones though that really shove their fandom in your face and go on about it all the time as though everyone should know what they're talking about.

Isn't that every fandom ever? I mean you can find people who like Sherlock, Doctor Who, and Supernatural all doing that. Its not fair to say one fandom does it. The MLP fandom is like any other. You're going to have your super awesome people and then you're going to have your pushers.
Back to top Go down
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

Current Win Points : 478

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 5:42 pm

Nexus wrote:
T-M-S wrote:

Isn't that every fandom ever? I mean you can find people who like Sherlock, Doctor Who, and Supernatural all doing that. Its not fair to say one fandom does it. The MLP fandom is like any other. You're going to have your super awesome people and then you're going to have your pushers.

Yes, Although some fandoms have more vocal members than other fandoms, it is really just up to the members of the internet (and the rest of the world) to perceive which fandom is the most vocal. But even then, it is all up to speculation.

(Pretty much what I mean is that no one fandom is more vocal than the other, therefore, in essence, both of you opinions are correct.)
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 5:51 pm

That is very true. It is also about who is you are around most I suppose. If you were around only Whovians, but you were not one yourself then they would seem loud in pushy. Its all about perspective and circumstances.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 7:05 pm

^ I must say, that is the perfect way to put it in perspective. About any fandom, really. I enjoy reading Homestuck, for example. Yet, when I'm around the fandom, it tends to lose it's favor with me. Idk, call me new to the fandom, but just enjoying Homestuck is good by me.
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 7:08 pm

The homestuck fandoms scares its own fans. Or at least they occasionally scare me.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 7:18 pm

You are not alone in that thought process, I assure you.
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 8:32 pm

Oh, that is good.
Back to top Go down
River Song
Watched
River Song

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 11:47 pm

Nexus wrote:
The homestuck fandoms scares its own fans. Or at least they occasionally scare me.

Trufax. Hell, I scare myself, and I only really got into Homestuck a few weeks ago xD. It really is the same with any fandom- avid fans are naturally going to confuse and unsettle those who aren't in the fandom. On the other hand, one of my current closest friends is just as much a Brony as I am into the Slenderverse/Doctor Who/Homestuck, and we couldn't be on better terms- even if we do tend to each ramble a bit about our fandoms.
Back to top Go down
hazlov2004
Untainted
hazlov2004

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:01 am

Im a brony too  my favorite ML:FIM character is rainbow dash and applejack
Back to top Go down
thexlastxdalek
Watched
thexlastxdalek

Current Win Points : 91

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:25 am

I have to say if they want to be a brony why not?
But I have another question.

Why are they called "Brony's''
I still don't understand why they call themselfs like that
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/aaronklompp
BlueMarble
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 8:18 am

Well, since they're bros, and they love MLP, which is centered around ponies, it's bro+pony=brony
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:50 am

The Doctor wrote:
You all realize that every single person on this site that is a brony will not come forward at all?
Yeah, well fuck you and your prediction.

I am a brony. I watch, and enjoy, the TV show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Do I have a justification for liking it? No. Am I sure why I like it? Again, no. What I am sure of is that Bronyism is not the worst thing to happen to the internet, or the worst thing to happen to fandoms, or the most pathetic fandom. We, and I say we because I have no qualms with identifying with the fandom, happen to enjoy a particular thing. You know what people hated before MLP went big? Whovians. Then furries. Then trekkies. The fact that this topic even exists is a slur against the cognitive capabilities of this species.

Give me a negative connotation with Bronyism, and you'll see there's nothing original about it. Sweaty nerds in their parents basements? Trekkies.

Constantly going to conventions and making asses of themselves? Whovians.

Animal fetishists? Furries.

Having all their names and avatars as MLP stuff? Don't make me laugh. The founder of this site is named after and has a picture of a Doctor Who character on this site. Likewise for one of the mods. You wouldn't have dared create a "What's the deal with Dr Who?" topic. I'm not named after an MLP character. Honestly. Etreo is Galician for Ethereal. Or it's Gaelic, I forget which. My avatar isn't MLP. I can, and do, live my life without thrusting bronyism in people's faces. Which is more than can be said for the sort of militant anti-brony that start topics like this on every damned forum.

Yours, on behalf of all the Bronies and Pegasisters around the world,
Etreo

(P.S. Don't make a foal of yourself on the Internet. Everypony will just laugh at you.)
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:27 am

I do believe that settles the matter. Oh, and the generalization that Whovians go to conventions and make asses out of themselves is too broad. Everyone does that, every fandom. We just look amazing doing it. Sidelook
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:33 am

The Doctor wrote:
I do believe that settles the matter. Oh, and the generalization that Whovians go to conventions and make asses out of themselves is too broad. Everyone does that, every fandom. We just look amazing doing it. Sidelook
You keep telling yourself that buddy. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's with the bronism?   What's with the bronism? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's with the bronism?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic Discussion :: Flamewars-
Jump to: