Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

So I decided to make a blog.....

Go down 
+8
ChaosGamma
Zander
Alder
Seann
Death
zero
Omega
Blue Eyes
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

So I decided to make a blog..... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   So I decided to make a blog..... - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 6:17 pm

Blue Eyes wrote:
Oh shit. Zander, you've set up my sequel blog to my first blog. To the @#!@#$!@ tee. Anna, my main character, will become stalked by Slendy, and then figure that her eyes open symbol helps to keep him away, and then helps others. You've read my mind.

Jumping in here to give some advice about the eyes open symbol.

Some people get really defensive when a blog mentions a way to protect humans from Slendy, especially now that Tutorial seems to be falling out of favor. And they get very, very defensive if you try to spread this method to other blogs.

Two ways to keep this under control:
1. Don't make it 100%, works every time protection. If the character has something that always stops Slendy, the danger is gone. And then the crowds start to cry "Mary Sue!" and throw fruit at the stage, which is nice because you get free fruit, but not so nice because it splatters and gets all over your clothes, and there probably was a point to this metaphor but I seem to have lost it.
2. Don't recommend using the symbol to other bloggers unless you've spoken with them OOG, and they want to use it in their story. If you keep telling people to use the eyes open symbol to protect themselves, they may feel that you are trying to gamejack their story by forcing your canon into theirs.

Apart from all that, good luck with your blog!
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
Blue Eyes
Stalked
Blue Eyes

Current Win Points : 58

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   So I decided to make a blog..... - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 6:24 pm

Yeah, I thought about that.

I didn't plan on forcing it on bloggers, or making it 100% protection. I figured I'd make up a few runners and all that. Or something. Or I could drop that whole thing altogether. I dunno.

But you've brought up a good point.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   So I decided to make a blog..... - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 6:35 pm

Blue Eyes wrote:
Yeah, I thought about that.

I didn't plan on forcing it on bloggers, or making it 100% protection. I figured I'd make up a few runners and all that. Or something. Or I could drop that whole thing altogether. I dunno.

But you've brought up a good point.

No need to drop it entirely; just making sure you didn't fall into either of those mistakes. As long as you avoid doing that sort of stuff, it should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Stalked
Blue Eyes

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   So I decided to make a blog..... - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 6:42 pm

Okay.

I think it'll be okay.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Stalked
Blue Eyes

PostSubject: Is it okay?   So I decided to make a blog..... - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 1:58 pm

I'm considering using, like, one proxy in my blog, but I've been reading different things and people seem to be kind of sick of the proxies. The proxy itself will not be the main threat to the main character.

Opinions? Advice?

EDIT : Also, is it okay to use the same blogspot account for different Slenderblogs? Or do I need to make a new account?
Back to top Go down
Mephisto
Untainted

Current Win Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   So I decided to make a blog..... - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 2:25 pm

Proxies are a bit old hat, but they are an asset to a blog. I would say if it isn't the main antagonist then there is no reason for it to exist. If you want to mention proxies as a peripheral force, then I think its okay, but don't have a character in the blog that doesn't have a real function it just leads to confusion. Remember Checkov's gun http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chekhov%27s_gun .
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   So I decided to make a blog..... - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Proxies work, but you need to put a lot of work into them. What most people are sick of is proxies being mindless hordes whose sole purpose is to be slaughtered en masse by the protagonist/proxies who have no characterization beyond "crazy guy who works for Slender Man". Like Mephisto said, don't just put in a proxy for the sake of having a proxy. Make sure there's a reason for them to be in the blog.

If your proxy is an actual character, one which adds to the story, then it should be fine. Look for good blogs which incorporate proxies, and see what they're doing right if you want more help.

As for your second question, you should only have multiple Slenderblogs on a single account if all those blogs are written by the same character.
Back to top Go down
CheckersValentine
Stalked
CheckersValentine

Current Win Points : 101

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   So I decided to make a blog..... - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 2:41 pm

Yeah, what people are really sick of is a lack of originality. This means that blog makers have to be careful about how the use these things that other people have beat to death like proxies or operator symbols.

If you think that you can use it in an original way or it's essential to the plot than by all means go for it.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Stalked
Blue Eyes

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   So I decided to make a blog..... - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:10 pm

Ha, well I doubt mine's an original way. But the plan generally is that the girl's roommate, who accidentally exposes the main character to Slender man, ends up slowly becoming a proxy and leaving unannounced to protect her friend. Then, while the protagonist is looking around for clues about what's happened to her roommate, she finds all these things that typically go wrong with people being stalked (i.e. notes, pictures, CDs with information on them, etc.) So she'd be there briefly, but mostly the threat is going to be cryptic messages from an unknown source and then, of course, our friend Mr. Slender.

EDIT : and of course, as she goes along searching through her friend's stuff, similar things start showing up for her, and it all goes downhill from there.
Back to top Go down
Allan Assiduity
Observer
Allan Assiduity

Current Win Points : 35

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   So I decided to make a blog..... - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:00 pm

The key herein is not the concept, but the execution.

Proxies are, nowadays, a poorly done and overwritten concept. Ergo, you need good execution to combat it. Your concept is not, to my information, unoriginal, but I am not well-informed with the modern Mythos (I faded from it back at the dawn of the third Generation), so others are likely better at spotting it then I.

The way of the thing is in the execution, however.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   So I decided to make a blog..... - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:13 pm

Merged topics since you're still talking about your blog and you already had one up about it.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Stalked
Blue Eyes

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   So I decided to make a blog..... - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:19 pm

Thanks Zander.

Allan : That's kind of what I'm worried about. I've got, what I think, is a fantastic story in my head, but I don't know how well I'll do it justice in the real world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   So I decided to make a blog..... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

So I decided to make a blog.....
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3