Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Slender Man RPG

Go down 
+12
Kashi
alliterator
XuchilVith
Voidmaster
Setoth93
SliceandDice
Michenab
Kalias
Nedark
Mr. Jeebles
Konaa
Omega
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
InheritTheEarth
Untainted
InheritTheEarth

Current Win Points : 1

Slender Man RPG - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slender Man RPG   Slender Man RPG - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 8:11 pm

Ohgodthissoundsawesome. Now I have yet another RPG to add to my list.

Also, the fact that it uses the WoD system is just making this sound better and better.
Back to top Go down
http://heysokol.blogspot.com/2013/04/an-introduction-of-sorts.ht
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man RPG   Slender Man RPG - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 10:15 am

Going to be starting the game itself around Wednesday; if you want to play, and haven't created a character sheet, WELL THEN STOP SITTING AROUND AND CREATE A CHARACTER SHEET YA LAZY BUMS!
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man RPG   Slender Man RPG - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 12:17 pm

Character sheets just need a few minor modifications before they're all ready, and we can start the game. Going to explain some of the rules which the players may need here (Since we can't really have everyone read and memorize the rulebook, I'm trying to minimize things y'all need to learn to the basics, while I'll handle most of the mechanical stuff in the background)

10 Again, Chance Rolls, and Dramatic Failures:
Spoiler:

EXP
Spoiler:

Health/Damage
Spoiler:

Morality
Spoiler:

Sprinting
Spoiler:

Willpower
Spoiler:

Boxing
Spoiler:

Dodging
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man RPG   Slender Man RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 6:51 pm

The difference between an RP and an RPG:

The internet seems to have a bad habit of using these terms interchangeably, so I really should have predicted people getting confused. RP's (Role Plays) and RPG's (Role Playing Games) are actually two different things; there are many similarities, but both are played with very different systems.

The role of the player is likely the largest difference between the two. In an RP, the player's are treated like collaborating storytellers; they control what happens in the setting, the actions of their character, and how the setting reacts to those actions. In an RPG, the players only control their character, while all other factors are handled by the GM.

For example, here we have the same situation, one as an RP and the other as an RPG.

RP: John Smith carefully opened the old door, and looked out. There was a long, grey corridor, stretching down the building. John slowly walked down the hall, feet disturbing dust which had lain untouched for years. Suddenly a shadow passed in front of him; John pulled out his handgun and fired three shots down the hallway, hitting the wall.

RPG:
Player: I open the door and look out it.
GM: You see a long, grey corridor, stretching down the building.
Player: Slowly walk down the hallway.
GM: You cross half the hallway, feet disturbing dust which had lain untouched for years. Suddenly a shadow passes in front of you.
Player: Pull out my handgun and fire three times!
GM: *Does some die rolling* The shadow moves by too quickly; your bullets only hit the wall at the end of the hallway.

While in an RP you write out a scene, and all which occurs in that scene, an RPG you write your character's actions. The job of building the scene, creating non-player characters, and determining the success of actions, is all done by the GM. It's closer to playing a very flexible game than telling a story.
Back to top Go down
XuchilVith
Stalked
XuchilVith

Current Win Points : 92

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man RPG   Slender Man RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:11 pm

That's a lot easier than what i was doing. XP Though i was pretty proud of my writing. c:

So, then do you roll for us or do we roll? Or does it depend on the situation?
Back to top Go down
`shadE
Untainted
`shadE

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man RPG   Slender Man RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:14 pm

This explains so much.

I am now educated in the way of the RPG. Wayyy easier than RP, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man RPG   Slender Man RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:40 pm

XuchilVith wrote:
That's a lot easier than what i was doing. XP Though i was pretty proud of my writing. c:

So, then do you roll for us or do we roll? Or does it depend on the situation?

If we were playing face to face, then you would roll for your own character; however, due to the logistics of playing over a forum, I'll handle all the die rolls.
Back to top Go down
XuchilVith
Stalked
XuchilVith

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man RPG   Slender Man RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:41 pm

Even better! Razz
Back to top Go down
alliterator
Observer
alliterator

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man RPG   Slender Man RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:51 pm

Quote :
f we were playing face to face, then you would roll for your own character; however, due to the logistics of playing over a forum, I'll handle all the die rolls.
But can I still bring Dr. Pepper and red vines when I play?
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man RPG   Slender Man RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:03 pm

alliterator wrote:
Quote :
f we were playing face to face, then you would roll for your own character; however, due to the logistics of playing over a forum, I'll handle all the die rolls.
But can I still bring Dr. Pepper and red vines when I play?

Go right ahead.

Also, I've posted content; the game has now for rizzle this time started.
Back to top Go down
Broeckchen
Observer
Broeckchen

Current Win Points : 176

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man RPG   Slender Man RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:54 pm

NOOOO FUCK I STIL WANTED TO TURN MY SHEET IN FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
*quietly weeps*
Back to top Go down
http://broeckchen.deviantart.com
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man RPG   Slender Man RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:56 pm

Broeckchen wrote:
NOOOO FUCK I STIL WANTED TO TURN MY SHEET IN FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
*quietly weeps*

You can still sign up. We're not at a point in the game where it becomes impossible to add in new people.
Back to top Go down
Broeckchen
Observer
Broeckchen

Current Win Points : 176

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man RPG   Slender Man RPG - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:58 pm

YUSS~<3 *gladly discards the opportunity to sleep for a character sheet*
Back to top Go down
http://broeckchen.deviantart.com
XuchilVith
Stalked
XuchilVith

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man RPG   Slender Man RPG - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:31 pm

What happened to this? :<
Back to top Go down
alliterator
Observer
alliterator

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man RPG   Slender Man RPG - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:44 pm

Omega's a bit busy right now, but I think when he's get free time, the game is still on.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man RPG   Slender Man RPG - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:45 pm

Sorry everyone, but it's starting to look like I won't be able to run this game. I just haven't had the time to recently, and pretty soon I'll be heading back to college (where I definitely won't have the time to run a game). The game never got far, which is a disappointment, as I was kinda looking forward to it.
Again, sorry everyone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slender Man RPG   Slender Man RPG - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Slender Man RPG
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2