Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The Device

Go down 
+21
Grifen411
Squidmama
MadameMiz
Malus
Nimbus
Sachael
Mr. Jeebles
ChaosGamma
DeHoed
Ladnek
ExorcistGamer
Empty
Crusergirl
Allan Assiduity
LostSkeleton
BlackWolf
Shayde
Zander
Vivi
niox
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
niox
Anxious
niox

Current Win Points : 19

The Device Empty
PostSubject: The Device   The Device EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:40 am

So much tension in this fucking episode, omfg.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

Current Win Points : 488

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:01 am

Okay, I take back all the disinterest I've been having toward this series lately. That was amazing, no, that was MARVELOUS.

I was seriously freaked the hell out. Well fucking played.
Back to top Go down
http://masquevivi.deviantart.com/
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:30 am

Poor Noah. Oh, and I grabbed some screenshots off of this video.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shayde
Watched

Current Win Points : 133

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:13 am

That was creepy. Just...woah.

Spoiler:

Can't wait to see what happens next.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf
Watched
BlackWolf

Current Win Points : 99

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:05 am

Methinks Slendy ought to get a job at the CIA. He's so good at spying on people. I gotta rewatch this series sometime. I think it's under-appreciated.
Back to top Go down
LostSkeleton
Anxious
LostSkeleton

Current Win Points : 24

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:26 am

That was great. I love how the story is heading.
Back to top Go down
Allan Assiduity
Observer
Allan Assiduity

Current Win Points : 35

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 am

Damn, that was nice.

I'm thinking that the Device has been there for a long time. I'm also thinking that it's how the Observer has been getting his information.
Back to top Go down
Crusergirl
Stalked

Current Win Points : 74

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:33 am

That was so awesome!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Empty
Observer
Empty

Current Win Points : 23

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:43 am

God dammit Zan-Zan, I just spent around two minutes trying to snag that "YOU WILL REMEMBER" bit >:<

EDIT: Was I the only one, on seeing the preview, who though the device was a clock-bomb/pipebomb?
Back to top Go down
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

Current Win Points : 143

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 am

Okay this was a brilliant entry ESPECIALLY the door bit, really well done.

I got to say, I absolutely love the emotion that's put into the acting for TT.

As much as I enjoy MarbleHornets it REALLY bugs the hell out of me that they barely show ANY reaction during their videos.

It’s always "oh look, strange faceless being, let's remain silent"

But with TT, I’ve found it more realistic in that Noah always shows emotion and this video REALLY proves that. I mean I am really impressed, his voice actually sounds like it's breaking down emotionally several times. I love the skill.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

Current Win Points : 72

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:41 am

Well, looks like Noah got a bigger knife. I hope the EMH/TT crossover goes into them actually meeting up territory so that Noah and Evan can go kick some Slender ass! Anyways, thoughts on the video:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DeHoed
Untainted
DeHoed

Current Win Points : 1

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:50 am

I really like this episode, it captures Noah's paranoia and anger about all of these happenings. As people have already stated, the door scene was genuinely frightening, and I was at the edge of my seat awaiting for what would happen. In the back on my head I was thinking; "Holy crap, wouldn't it be cool if the Rake popped out of the closet and scurried off?", but that was just me thinking after an EverymanHYBRID binge I had the night before.
My friends often scold this series for Noah's "overacting", and his rampant obscenities, but I think that adds a lot of humanity to him, and makes him easily relate-able. If you just found out the a person was sneaking into your room at night, planting microphones, and listening in on what you say, wouldn't you go off on a tangent and spout f-bombs like no tomorrow? Well, Noah sure does.
Back to top Go down
ChaosGamma
Observer
ChaosGamma

Current Win Points : 26

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:58 am

Bloody good video, bloody good.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:06 pm

Well whatever that device does, he said he's been hearing it for a few weeks almost non stop. If it detects Slender Man, well fucking shit that sucks because that means he's been there almost all the time. Thing is, that's not really Slender Man's style, he'll usually let you see him so you get creeped out. As far as we know, Noah hasn't had an encounter since the last video until tonight. So this leads me to believe that it does exactly what the not says, it's a listening device with an added beep to fuck with Noah's subconscious.
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Sachael
Watched
Sachael

Current Win Points : 179

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:26 pm

I think that thing stuck to the blinds is a mini solar panel. Who knows. I was wrong about the thing being a sigma detector, I'm probably wrong about this too.

ANYWAY. Observer is an amazing troll. Beep beep... Beep beep... TROUBLE SLEEPING? The Device 3147896512

Evan and Noah should have a knife measuring contest. Yes. Knives.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf
Watched
BlackWolf

Current Win Points : 99

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:42 am

That is a thought. How long HAS that device been there? Does it always beep? No wonder he reacted so negatively. My answering machine beeps like that after someone leaves a message, and if I could replace it I'd go all Office Space on it.
Back to top Go down
Taken

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:48 am

I've gotten bored with the series.
Habit or whoever this is must really hate the hell out of this guy.
I don't think Noah should be allowed to swear for the next five videos.

And on the topic of knife measuring, Evan would win, hands down.
Back to top Go down
Nimbus
Untainted
Nimbus

Current Win Points : 97

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 am

I've gotten bored with the series. (Eh, care to explain why exactly?)
Habit or whoever this is must really hate the hell out of this guy. (There is no HABIT in TribeTwelve, the dude stalking Noah is called The Observer)
I don't think Noah should be allowed to swear for the next five videos. (And that would help...how? Surely not with verbal continuity.)

And on the topic of knife measuring, Evan would win, hands down. (DERP ima make errythang into a contest.)

I don't like you, sir. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/TribeTwelve
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:06 am

Hmm... Okay... I think the device is mainly to fuck with Noah's head, and also to get him to find the card that was on the shutter windows. "We are listening" is another great way of freaking a paranoid person out.

Back to top Go down
MadameMiz
Watched
MadameMiz

Current Win Points : 114

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:15 am

And this is why I love Tribe Twelve. As others have said, very emotive acting makes for happy viewers. ♥

The thing that got my attention the most in this vid, oddly enough, was the screencap at the very end. Seems to indicate that Noah will wind up going back to the boardwalk soon, willfully or otherwise. I am excite X3

I do have one small question: Why on Earth didn't Noah turn on the lights? I could understand why up to a point, but after he realized the beeping wasn't coming from the smoke alarm, I think most people would have flipped the lights, especially since he was looking for something. Or maybe there was some dim illumination, and the night vision just made it hard to see? I guess it could be chalked up to "it's my house, so I know my way around it in the dark," though. /knitpick

Is it bad that i screamed like a bitch when he opened the door...?

Now I want to make more fanart. Might actually happen since my art block has magically vanished -w-

Back to top Go down
http://madamemiz.tumblr.com
Squidmama
Untainted
Squidmama

Current Win Points : 4

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:07 am

I thought it was a bomb too :I That was an awesome entry. His aggressive man terror makes me giggle but hhfh good entry.
Back to top Go down
Crusergirl
Stalked

Current Win Points : 74

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:04 am

I've never had a problem with Noah's cursing. I curse a lot myself. But what other words do you use in a stressfull situation?
Oh....chicken nuggets.
You stupid....pussyfeathers.
Think how much less of an effect that final part of the video would of been like this.

"Alright, well listen to this. And listen freaking carefully.
I'm gonna flippin find you,
I'm going to totally kick your butt,
I'm gonna rip you darn eyes out,
And take whatever in the Sam Hill that is,
And I'm gonna shove it so far up your tookis, that you'll never be able to get it out.
(sigh)
I really regret the day when you started messing with me.
Let's see you make a stupid video after that.
Gosh Darn it.
Not again.
(crying)
Oh pussyfeathers."

See not the same effect.
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:33 pm

I don't think Noah should be allowed to swear for the next five videos.
Yeah, and then he should totally tackle Slendy without any fear whatsoever and cause world peace and never be unsure about anything he ever does ever again! Is that unrealistic enough for you, or should we make him never age?

The cursing is necessary and is a part of his character. If you notice in the videos he took from the camera when Milo was there, he didn't curse once. But now that there's a seven foot faceless tentacled man chasing him trying to kill him or drive him insane because he knows too much, I don't blame him for cursing. In fact, it actually adds edge to the series and character to Noah, makes him seem much more real.

Just wondering though, do you ever plan on taking that Sandeman poster down, Noah? Because in the dark it looks NOTHING like Slenderman or anything. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Taken

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 4:27 pm

What the hell guys... seriously. I posted last night thinking I didn't have to explain myself, but since you all have deemed me an idiot then I guess I have no choice.

I am bored with the series. After having caught up on TJAP, 5zer02, AND EMH, I just don't have much interest in this series anymore. I'll still watch for conversation (not with you guys, but other friends who watch too).

I made the Habit comment because I still think he has a hand in this ever since he was sent an EMH package. Simple. You didn't have to tear my head off for that.

I still don't think Noah should be swearing so much, it's not as enjoyable when every other words out of someone's mouth is fuck or shit. So his punishment should be five videos cuss free. It wouldn't help the series much, just make it better on the ears.

And if you want to be an asshat about the Noah/Evan knife thing, I was talking about another post, excuse the hell out of me for not using the quote button.

Happy now? I honestly don't care if you have a problem with me posting my opinions on a series, just don't attack my posts and make me look like a bumbling bitch who can't string two sentences together. If you have a problem with me, take it up in pms and not my win points.

Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:16 pm

I still don't think Noah should be swearing so much, it's not as enjoyable when every other words out of someone's mouth is fuck or shit. So his punishment should be five videos cuss free. It wouldn't help the series much, just make it better on the ears.
... So basically, what you're asking is for a horror series... to lighten up? His language makes him more human and its hard on the ears because its disturbing to see what the whole situation has done to him. He's stressed and terrified for his life, and has a chance to send a message to the people fucking with him. If I had a chance like that, I wouldn't go all choir-boy on them, I would cuss them out.

Seriously, are you going to start saying you don't like other movies because of language? Are you going to say Pulp Fiction was a bad movie because you didn't like it when they said bad words? Are you going to say you didn't like the Godfather because it was too hard on the ears? What about Blade Runner, or the Blues Brothers? Seriously, it's just words. Stop bitching about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Device Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device Empty

Back to top Go down

The Device
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next