Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

[DEAD] doingJACKALL

Go down 
+15
MarbleBumblebee
Skalleg
Crusergirl
The Slender Man
Tahrgat
PostIt
Lero
MaskeyBrandon
Vivi
Zander
Mr. Jeebles
CheckersValentine
XuchilVith
Mirokufan
GossamerAtara
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GossamerAtara
Untainted
GossamerAtara

Current Win Points : 2

[DEAD] doingJACKALL Empty
PostSubject: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 5:02 pm

Hey guys, I found a new Slenderman series that started a few days ago. It's called doingJACKALL:
https://www.youtube.com/user/doingJACKALL

It only has 5 videos so far, but I don't think it will really be going anywhere in the future... Just thought I'd share.

Last edited by RainbowSigh on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://gossamerstar.tumblr.com
Mirokufan
Untainted
Mirokufan

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Maybe it's only because I had JUST watched MH Entry #46 before it, but I didn't find the most recent entry that good; like even for a beginner series, it just seemed really anti-climactic to me. Mad
Back to top Go down
XuchilVith
Stalked
XuchilVith

Current Win Points : 92

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 5:57 pm

Their Slendy looks like he has a serious case of bag head going on. :/
Back to top Go down
CheckersValentine
Stalked
CheckersValentine

Current Win Points : 101

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:48 pm

Eh, it falls into a lot of the follys that most slenderseries do. Basically, they show him too us too quickly. It worked for marble hornets because we'd never really seen anything like that before, and even at that I don't think many people were terribly frightened of marble hornets until a few sightings in.

With these newer series, it's not enough to just show us slenderman. You have to fuck with our heads a bit. Build up that first sighting, and give us something to be paranoid about. These series doesn't really have a plot yet, except for a brief moment of Slendy sun-gazing in this guys back yard.

There's not really enough of it to make a judgement call on, just not enough of a hook yet to really ensnare me.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:50 pm

XuchilVith wrote:
Their Slendy looks like he has a serious case of bag head going on. :/

Cillian Murphy must be fucking horrible with directions. I'd like to know why he's still wearing his scarecrow costume though, filming ended years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:48 am

Eh, too much Slendy so far. Thankfully the baghead isn't as bad as some other series... *Cough2080Cough* It's still early on yet, so we'll just have to see how this goes.
Back to top Go down
CheckersValentine
Stalked
CheckersValentine

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:47 pm

I'm kind of suprised that the people over at Unfiction are flipping for this so much. They apparently really like it.

Although, obviously, Unfiction isn't nearly as awesome as we are. I don't think this series has done enough to warrant much interest. As always though, I'll keep an eye on it.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:00 pm

Nearly every series kinda starts out slow or with some considerable faults. Despite the baghead slendy, I can see some real promise in this series. I'm willing to forgive them leaping into the sightings headfirst if they can add some real good plot and inject a little more psychological fear without the presence of slendy. Subscribed tentatively.
Back to top Go down
http://masquevivi.deviantart.com/
MaskeyBrandon
Untainted
MaskeyBrandon

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:26 am

Slenderman in the first and second AND fourth entries...? And the first is the same as the fourth.

At least it wasn't "Hey I'm making a vlog......Tralala... OHSHITSLENDERMAN!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/marblebumblebee
Lero
Anxious

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:08 pm

CheckersValentine wrote:
I'm kind of suprised that the people over at Unfiction are flipping for this so much. They apparently really like it.

Although, obviously, Unfiction isn't nearly as awesome as we are. I don't think this series has done enough to warrant much interest. As always though, I'll keep an eye on it.
I fear it might be just because of who posted the series there.
Back to top Go down
MaskeyBrandon
Untainted
MaskeyBrandon

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Quote :

who?
Back to top Go down
Mirokufan
Untainted
Mirokufan

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:26 am

Lero wrote:
CheckersValentine wrote:

That's what I was thinking, but I'm not sure if said person wants everyone to know who it is, even though it's fairly well known now. :x
Back to top Go down
CheckersValentine
Stalked
CheckersValentine

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 2:43 am

Ok well now I'm just superduper curious. Who is it?
Back to top Go down
PostIt
Anxious
PostIt

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:09 am

Vivi wrote:
Nearly every series kinda starts out slow or with some considerable faults. Despite the baghead slendy, I can see some real promise in this series. I'm willing to forgive them leaping into the sightings headfirst if they can add some real good plot and inject a little more psychological fear without the presence of slendy. Subscribed tentatively.

Totally true. I mean for most of the beginning of Marble Hornets, I spent the time waving at Mr. Tall.

"There he is! Hi!!!"

Until the Fit Hit the Shan that is. Then things got serious. I dunno. It's got it's faults, but its not really far enough in to really make a judgement call either way.
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Observer
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 1:00 pm

I really really like the nature setting in this. trees, open plains, just beautiful. Too bad it isn't in HD...
Back to top Go down
The Slender Man
Anxious
The Slender Man

Current Win Points : 21

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 2:19 pm

I've made a series a bit like this.
Its still "Underground" at the moment though.
:-D
Back to top Go down
PostIt
Anxious
PostIt

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:59 pm

You should post it! At least put it up for review.
Back to top Go down
MaskeyBrandon
Untainted
MaskeyBrandon

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 9:13 pm

Or give us a taste of the beginning plot.... Please?
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 3:02 pm

New video:

Looks like SOMEBODY jumped way the fuck past "weird shit is happening" and straight into "My life is now a tortured existence" in a week's span of time.

Here's where I actually start getting critical now that we're getting into the meat and potatoes of the series.

He's still supposed to be sane, totally aware of what's happening and just at the start of this stuff right? Put yourself in his shoes, why would you edit in a clip of yourself rocking back and forth to an internet mass you barely know? Sure, the expository bits like looking out of the window, and just vacantly watching tv help serve the idea that you ARE recording yourself at all times, but WHILE i have my suspension of disbelief going, it just seems like a total attention seeking whiny move to add a clip of yourself being an emo like that.

Realistically, I know that out-of-character, that's just a cheap and (UNSUCESSFUL) way to garner pity for the character. (What's his name anyway? Just checked the channel, it's "Finn") But I do not pity anybody who's the type of person to be such a sadsack attention seeker. Finn is obnoxious in that one respect, if he didnt already DIVE HEADFIRST into angsty "My life is horrible and I'm being stalked by Mr Thin" town.

If I'm not mistaken, the phrase in the description must mean something like "Sleeping with one eye open" in Latin.
That last bit honestly kind of ground my gears too. What kind of regular person just breaks into a dead language for no reason when they're not a villain or a secret society, or a servant of an eldritch being? As I've said previously, he's still sane and aware at this point, and this shit is so overdramaticized.

I know that most probably the creators of this are amongst us, or at the very least lurk, so I really don't mean to be CRUEL in my review here, I just want you to think through the implications of everything you do before you use it in your series so cheaply. By the way: there better be some actual original plot incoming, cause this "GETTING STALKED BY SLENDY" premise somehow leading to "MUST SURVEILANCE MYSELF 24/7" is getting old.
Back to top Go down
CheckersValentine
Stalked
CheckersValentine

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Well, as per usual, it's the same issue that so many blogs and vlogs suffer from, (indeed, also wanna-be-writers of all shapes and sizes) where they don't really want to set up the story, they just want to be in it so that they can play with slendy. They end up jumping the gun, trying to give us powerful, dramatic or terrifying scenes, but we end up not caring because they didn't take the time to develop the character and the story.

I don't know this guy. Am I sad that he is sad? No. The writers know this guy, because they've been tinkering with this idea for so long that he matters to them, and they mistakenly assume that he will just as easily matter to us.

Actually a lot of series do that (think the hundreds of "We're sorry guys, that one red shirt is dead" Episodes where we all went "...who?")

This kind of episode is exactly what I was afraid of. What you need to do with a series, is cradle it, and give it time to grow. Give us a decent number of videos setting up the scare before we end up spotting Mr. Tall. That way we can get to know and love (or hate) your protagonist and it matters to us that he gets the shit scared out of him. The viewer needs to be scared for the character in order to be truely Godawful-terrified. At least, that's my philosophy.

This was a headshot episode.
Back to top Go down
MaskeyBrandon
Untainted
MaskeyBrandon

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 5:18 pm

I actually Read the reviews before watching the. So did I watch the video afterward? No I did not. Ah well...
*Unsubscribe*
I no longer wish to experience the shitstorm that is your life. Plus, your name is too close to JACKOFF for my own comfort.
Back to top Go down
Crusergirl
Stalked

Current Win Points : 74

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:57 am

Is it bad that this made me giggle. Everytime the volume got loud I kept thinking...

Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:14 pm

The first scene with the door was pretty successfully scary to ME, but the repetitive use of clips and jump scenes to seemingly pointless other things soon made me forget I even liked that one bit because I was rolling my eyes so hard. It was pretty nonsensical, only suggesting a progression in plot via it's title and the fact the other guy is back.. truly baffling

Can't say I've changed my opinion about this series much.
Back to top Go down
Tahrgat
Observer
Tahrgat

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 12:01 am

I find myself asking why alot in this series and its not because this show is posing questions. It simply lacks basic reason. I have hopes that they may understand the ambiguous nature of their work and turn things around a little.
Back to top Go down
Skalleg
Untainted
Skalleg

Current Win Points : -23

PostSubject: #6 - Videmur Indigere Auxilio   [DEAD] doingJACKALL EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 9:21 pm

Spoiler:

" Videmur Indigere Auxilio " : " We need help "

Last edited by Skalleg on Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:26 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : coding issues)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SlenderVerse
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [DEAD] doingJACKALL   [DEAD] doingJACKALL Empty

Back to top Go down

[DEAD] doingJACKALL
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next