Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Can the Slender Man talk?

Go down 
+31
Cyanne
alliterator
FreedomCaged
Slender Walk
MediaGARBAGE
sloane194
Untaunted
littleWhiteRABBIT
apokAlypse
Linners
Shayde
Alder
LoveHopeRainbows
Seann
DaLadybugMan
BlackWolf
altiumvidetur
shadowfire976
paradoxmachine
Malus
ExorcistGamer
Mennos
Lero
Bio
CheckersValentine
Mr. Jeebles
Wintermarch
WhiteWolf
Zander
Konaa
Crusergirl
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Alder
Observer
Alder

Current Win Points : 99

Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 3:14 pm

I prefer the idea of the Slender Man being so aloof and alien from humans that he can't interact with humans at all, nor would he need or want to. None of this cuddly, touchy-feely crap.
Back to top Go down
http://onlysaneman.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 3:36 pm

Alder wrote:
I prefer the idea of the Slender Man being so aloof and alien from humans that he can't interact with humans at all, nor would he need or want to. None of this cuddly, touchy-feely crap.

How many times does this theory have to be repeated?
Back to top Go down
Shayde
Watched

Current Win Points : 133

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 7:19 am

Mr. Jeebles wrote:

It's called Independence Day... Slender Man will not have anything to do with Will Smith.

Well, maybe not in Independence Day, but perhaps something else...

Will Smith wrote:

Now this is the story all about how
my life got flipped, turned upside down
and I'd like to take a minute just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became hunted by Slendy in a town called Bel-Air

In West Philadelphia born and raised
on the playground where I spent most of my days
freakin’ out, paranoid, pretending I’m good
and watchin some Slender guy outside of the school
when some real strange guy in a red hood
started snatchin’ all the children in my neighbourhood
I got attacked by tentacles and my mom got scared
and said "you're runnin’ away to a town called Bel-Air"

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the
licence plate said "Slender" and had organs in the mirror
if anything I could say that this cab was rare
but I thought now forget it, I’m off to Bel-Air

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight
and I yelled to the cabby "Yo, home smell you later"
looked at my kingdom I was finally there
Only to see Slendy in that town of Bel-Air

Anyway, does Slendy speak...no, probably not. Does he use others as mouth pieces? Possibly, but even then it would depend if they were messengers or under direct influence. I'm not one for a talking Slendy, probably because he is so alien. The closest I've got when writing stuff is emphatic connection, but even then, not really to deeply.
Back to top Go down
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

Current Win Points : 143

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 9:22 am

Shayde that was brilliant.

Anyway yeah Slendy directly talking I could never approve of. I think if I remember right one of the audio clips from the SA topic implied Slendy talking, it was creepy but just doesn't add to the fear too much.

But I always do enjoy the theory of where your mind breaks down due to his powers that you think you can hear his voice.

Alternatively I like the idea that he is speaking but not actually speaking, there are no words. Just a controlling presence in your head, ripping through your conscious.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf
Watched
BlackWolf

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:51 pm

LoveHopeRainbows wrote:
I just had a really fucked up image come up in my head of Slendy thrusting his tentacles up someone's chest and using them to manipulate their voice box. Holy fuck. Nightmare fuel, we meet again.

Has anyone done this idea? If so, please show me where.

Now you've made me think of that one part in Repo: the Genetic Opera where Nathan shoves his hand up that one guy and uses him like a puppet. It'd be pretty cool if Slendy did something similar, such as using a dead body as a decoy!
Back to top Go down
Linners
Untainted

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:57 pm

BlackWolf wrote:
LoveHopeRainbows wrote:
I just had a really fucked up image come up in my head of Slendy thrusting his tentacles up someone's chest and using them to manipulate their voice box. Holy fuck. Nightmare fuel, we meet again.

Now you've made me think of that one part in Repo: the Genetic Opera where Nathan shoves his hand up that one guy and uses him like a puppet. It'd be pretty cool if Slendy did something similar, such as using a dead body as a decoy!

This. Both of this. Sounds absolutely amazing. It kind of makes me want to experiment with ideas of this variety/similar to the concepts in my Slender-stuffs. Would be fun to write, although I'd probably end up scaring myself writing it, lulz.

If someone's done either of these ideas or anything similar to 'm, I'd love to see it. It sounds absolutely brilliant.
Back to top Go down
apokAlypse
Untainted
apokAlypse

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 11:19 am

If he talks I think he just makes you hear it inside your head. Not a voice in your head, but more like a memory of someone's speech. Like you suddenly begin to think of what he told you. I dont know.
Back to top Go down
littleWhiteRABBIT
Untainted
littleWhiteRABBIT

Current Win Points : 15

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 1:02 pm

I doubt he speaks directly... I mean... absence of a mouth, hello? XD

But the idea of him projecting words into people's heads... just like all the other thoughts, images, etc associated with his mind-fuckery get inplanted in peoples heads. However, the effects of putting the words directly into your head could give the victim the impression that words were coming from the Slender Man...

For instance (and a terrible instance at that, but lets run with it), in a dream I had just last night, Slendy showed up and attacked -Redacted-, and as he was moving forward and grabbing him by the neck, I could hear him talking. I couldn't see anything moving to indicate it, but I could most definitely hear a very loud, heavily distorted voice coming from his general vicinity. And it was not happy. And it freaked me right the hell out. Can't remember what he said anymore, but the words were certainly coherent at the time. So after that weird experience, I'd have to say that's the "theory" I'm going with.
Back to top Go down
Untaunted
Anxious
Untaunted

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:20 pm

BlackWolf wrote:
LoveHopeRainbows wrote:

That reminds me of 9.

But anyway, I'm okay with Slendy talking, as long as it is only under very, very, occasional circumstances. There has to be a very good reason for him to talk. In dreams I'm perfectly fine with him talking, as long as it's creepy and frightening.

I imagine his voice as quiet and almost incoherent. Either like a radio or a small man in a box. It would have to be either monotone or very close to monotone, with next to no expression.

That, or he has the voice of a little girl.
Back to top Go down
sloane194
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 7:43 pm

I just posted my story about slender man. He spoke to me. I think you will find it interesting.
Back to top Go down
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

Current Win Points : 143

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:26 pm

Linners wrote:
BlackWolf wrote:
LoveHopeRainbows wrote:

This. Both of this. Sounds absolutely amazing. It kind of makes me want to experiment with ideas of this variety/similar to the concepts in my Slender-stuffs. Would be fun to write, although I'd probably end up scaring myself writing it, lulz.

If someone's done either of these ideas or anything similar to 'm, I'd love to see it. It sounds absolutely brilliant.

I never should've re-watched the Futurama specials because this idea was absolutely brilliantly disturbing. But now all I can picture is this this and this

Which if anyone's watched that particular Futurama special, this brings up a lot of...disturbing...questions.
Back to top Go down
MediaGARBAGE
Anxious
MediaGARBAGE

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 11:50 pm

I don't like Slender man actually talking, at all. Or writing, or anything else human. (I'm one of those people who gets upset when they see Slendy walking).
I think when he has a message to send, he telepathically controls proxies, and has them do the dirty work.

I think "We didn't want to go, we didn't want to kill them, but its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time..." doesn't refer to how they are comforted by Slendy himself, but by what has now become a norm for them. Like if you're used to being picked on, there's a small amount of comfort that comes with the bullying. When the bullies become friendly, then you become uncomfortable.

Thank you to everyone who bared through this cringe-worthy post about everything that has already been posted. I'll attempt to stop herp derping around now.
Back to top Go down
Untaunted
Anxious
Untaunted

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:43 pm

MediaGARBAGE wrote:
... Like if you're used to being picked on, there's a small amount of comfort that comes with the bullying. When the bullies become friendly, then you become uncomfortable. ...

Um, not really. At least not in my experience. At one point I even tried to change myself so they would accept me. If they'd suddenly stopped bullying me and wanted to be friends I would be suspiscious, but if it really was genuine then I would have celebrated.

I think I kind of see what you're getting at, but I'd link it more with feelings of depression than being bullied.
Back to top Go down
MediaGARBAGE
Anxious
MediaGARBAGE

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:49 pm

Untaunted wrote:
MediaGARBAGE wrote:
... Like if you're used to being picked on, there's a small amount of comfort that comes with the bullying. When the bullies become friendly, then you become uncomfortable. ...

Um, not really. At least not in my experience. At one point I even tried to change myself so they would accept me. If they'd suddenly stopped bullying me and wanted to be friends I would be suspiscious, but if it really was genuine then I would have celebrated.

I think I kind of see what you're getting at, but I'd link it more with feelings of depression than being bullied.
Blargh, I was a bit tired and was just trying to get my point across, sorry if it didn't work. I guess a better example might be if you lived with someone who was always drinking, but you came home and one day they were sober. You would wonder what had happened to make them stop drinking all of a sudden.

Actually, that might be even worse. Ugh, I dunno, I think all my writing juices were used up by my English assignments. My apologizes for making you read these awful examples. I hope you kind of understand what I mean though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 8:09 am

apokAlypse wrote:
If he talks I think he just makes you hear it inside your head. Not a voice in your head, but more like a memory of someone's speech. Like you suddenly begin to think of what he told you. I dont know.

That's how most people think of it, but if I were to hear a random voice in my head I'd think it was mine and that is the problem with that. I think he'd talk normally to you, it beings much less confusion.
Back to top Go down
Slender Walk
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 10:22 pm

I believe he can talk but that he chooses not to in order to instill fear in his victims.
Back to top Go down
FreedomCaged
Observer
FreedomCaged

Current Win Points : 116

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:40 pm

I don't belive he would ever talk to his victims, he works better as a silent hunter. I do, however, like the idea very recently introduced on Don't Shoot the Messanger (I'll come back and link it when I've been here longer than a week) that he can communicate, but only with specific people, others are uncapable of communing with him on any real level, though he can probably canvey general messages at without to much trouble. I also think that any hallowed or partially hallowed individual would have a mental link with him allowing him to direct them more than communicate with them. Agian, though, speaking to the victim of his stalkings isn't something I think he would do.
Back to top Go down
alliterator
Observer
alliterator

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 12:39 am

In my personal headcanon, Big Brother from Don't Shoot the Messenger is a receiver like Tav from brighter than a spoon, only, you know, evil. They can "tune in" to Slender Man's frequencies to interpret his will - and, in the case of Tav, can be used as a mouthpiece.
Back to top Go down
Alder
Observer
Alder

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 7:30 am

I'm copying this from a previous, similar issue I answered a while back:

You have to understand, when you ask a question like this, there aren't any real answers. No matter how intertwined the blogs are getting, the fact remains that there IS NO CENTRAL, AUTHORITATIVE CANON

The Slender Man is different in each incarnation, according to each writer, and you'll only find answers which respond to that one incarnation. You want to do a slenderblog in which he talks? Go ahead, and it doesn't matter if it's different to other slenderblogs, or even contradicts them. But there aren't universal rules about things like this. We haven't all gotten together and decided an answer here in some big slenderverse meeting you weren't there for. Do what you think works.

That said, I would not have a talking Slender Man in one of my works.
Back to top Go down
http://onlysaneman.tumblr.com/
Cyanne
Anxious
Cyanne

Current Win Points : -5

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 3:28 am

Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 133290 It depends on what you want. There is no yes or no answer to this question. Some people like the idea of him talking, some do not and some just want him to speak telepathically. He has no trademarked way of operating and acting.

The Slender Man is apart of everyone and for everyone to experiment with at any given time. I myself like the idea of him talking to lure children into the woods or to him to get eaten/devoured. I've always imagined him having a hypnotizing voice that you could possibly get high too if you were relaxing while listening to it and looking at trippy images. LOL! Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 133290

Last edited by Cyanne on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added some things.)
Back to top Go down
slen321
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:43 am

Funny topic, I just posted for one of the things I would never want to see Slender man do is talk lol I seen a short film someone did and he was talking in it, so not pleasant at all.
Back to top Go down
ChewieV2
Observer
ChewieV2

Current Win Points : 57

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:47 pm

I'd say Slendy doesn't talk.
I;d say getting inside your head and rewriting your thoughts to say whatever he wanted would be more his style.
Back to top Go down
DarkAngelofAsh
Untainted
DarkAngelofAsh

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:20 am

I honestly believe slendy is telepathic because seeing how he has alot of mental abilities without a doubt he could probably communicate with you like that, It isn't like a whisper like in your ear but like a head voice almost like you can hear it even though it isn't physical
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:39 am

Sorry Ash, but when a thread has been inactive for over 2 months, we leave it inactive. If you want to reply to a thread that has been locked, contact myself or one of the other staff members.

MOD EDIT: Topic Locked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can the Slender Man talk?   Can the Slender Man talk? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Can the Slender Man talk?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3