Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Your Blogging Regrets

Go down 
+34
Spazz
Meri
Kay
Konaa
Laughing Mask
Maduin
elevator_child
Mennos
Cougar Draven
chasechan2050
Mad(x)Hatter
PTCCentralCommand
zero
Snore-De-Bliss
BanishedZaber
SickSlickMan
Reach
Shayde
DannyMurrayLives
Alder
unspoken
Blue Eyes
Ladnek
DaLadybugMan
Lero
Mr. Jeebles
ChaosGamma
Wintermarch
Omega
altiumvidetur
AmalgamationSage
Sam4books
LoveHopeRainbows
CuteWithoutThe
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:20 am

PTCCentralCommand wrote:
1. Lasers.

But lasers are awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:22 am

i don't mind the laser carbines really, I mean I liked the other gadgets the PTC made, ie: hammer of Thor and the magnet aura that supposedly kept him away, I don't roll my eyes at the lasers, it feels acceptable to have that in there.

I also like father paranoia, but I wish I knew more about him
Back to top Go down
Mad(x)Hatter
Untainted
Mad(x)Hatter

Current Win Points : 10

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:46 am

Just two.

1. I wish I had learned more about all the other blogs before I started my blog.

2. I wish I had done more pre-planning.
Back to top Go down
chasechan2050
Observer
chasechan2050

Current Win Points : 45

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:17 pm

I've a few :/ All of which are for Stopping Lights

Jumping the gun
Incorporating things at the wrong time
Not tying up loose ends when I have the chance
Video schedule/long pause between videos (then again, videos were never a huge part in SL)
Teaming up with Joker
Not sticking to my plan/script (but I do have fun just winging it now XD)

I'm sure that there are others, but those are the biggest ones...
Back to top Go down
http://chasearts.carrd.co/
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

Current Win Points : 87

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:42 pm

I could say a lot of things, but right now the biggest is regretting even starting AEQ before my life was stable again.
Back to top Go down
http://cougardraven.tumblr.com/
Alder
Observer
Alder

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:43 pm

I've come up with another.

I regret not being meaner to my characters in The Lovers. The Refugees is correcting this Wink
Back to top Go down
http://onlysaneman.tumblr.com/
Mennos
Observer
Mennos

Current Win Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Should have planned more. I figured that since I had the first few posts planned I could improvise. I was sadly mistaken.
Back to top Go down
elevator_child
Untainted
elevator_child

Current Win Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:32 pm

TooM could have done with fewer attempts at codes and puzzles. I started it when I didn't have a very clear idea of the mythos, and there are a lot of things that are just aping the way other blogs worked. I regret not forging my own path a little more.
Back to top Go down
http://ali-timeoutofmind.blogspot.com/
Maduin
Observer
Maduin

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:55 am

K-OS, seriously, K-OS is the biggest regret I have.
I could've done this so much better, but I skullfucked the pacing and had to do damage control like the world was ending and I still think the character sucks balls.

Otherwise, I dunno.

*looks at some of the other posters in this thread. Decides to withhold harsh words*
Back to top Go down
http://worstjestever.blogspot.com
LoveHopeRainbows
Anxious
LoveHopeRainbows

Current Win Points : 10

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:59 am

I wish I had begun foreshadowing a little bit more, and known what I wanted to do with my character from the beginning. I got thrown into writing when people started reading and treating 'me' as the character. Therefore, I had to rush what I wanted to do with 'her.' Other than that, I'm too early in to tell what else I will regret.
Back to top Go down
http://fearmythos.blogspot.com
Reach
Untainted
Reach

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:02 pm

I have an IMF regret; not waiting until I had a reliable computer with which to upload the videos, resulting in my sister holding Entry #5 to ransom before I managed to outsmart her.
Back to top Go down
Laughing Mask
Untainted
Laughing Mask

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 10:06 am

All of my blog. All of it.

Specifically the beginning.

It shouldn't have ever existed and it should have ended a month ago. But people started liking it, so I decided to continue.

Now I'm not so sure anymore...
Back to top Go down
Reach
Untainted
Reach

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:25 pm

A regret for Little Lion Man; waiting until it had been going for over four months to figure out the plot. I'm actually kind of worried that the upcoming plot will be a shark-jumping moment.
Back to top Go down
Konaa
Observer
Konaa

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:38 pm

The entire first month of my blog. I mean...just look at that shit. Or don't.
Back to top Go down
http://somethingtoleavebehind.blogspot.com/
Kay
Untainted
Kay

Current Win Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:57 am

I regret not killing Kay during the time when she was attacked by the Bleeding Tree. It's been a long hard struggle to find a new direction for my blog to go since then and it made a lot of the experience a lot less fun for me then it was before that mini arc.
Back to top Go down
Meri
Untainted
Meri

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 11:16 am

VH & IT, and FMS

It could have worked well, had I not rushed the plots of VH & IT, and then decided to cross them over with my joke blog FMS.

Totally burnt my brain out and left the plots a tangled, rushed, and messy mess with no decent resolution. It worked out in the end with no pacing. Also it was kinda vague on stuff like Sarah's death. It didn't answer what I wanted it to answer very well.

Also the characters, Nate was too genre savvy to be realistic in the setting, and Sarah was the personification of Unjustified Directed Rage.
Back to top Go down
Lero
Anxious

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 11:27 am

Meri wrote:
VH & IT, and FMS

It could have worked well, had I not rushed the plots of VH & IT, and then decided to cross them over with my joke blog FMS.

Totally burnt my brain out and left the plots a tangled, rushed, and messy mess with no decent resolution. It worked out in the end with no pacing.

Also the characters, Nate was too genre savvy to be realistic in the setting, and Sarah was the personification of Unjustified Directed Rage.
Don't know if this is allowed here because I wasn't the blogger in question, but I regret being lazy and not really trying to solve that riddle for a month. I'm sure that hindered you, even if you're too nice to say so.
Back to top Go down
Spazz
Untainted

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:02 am

Oh god, both of my blogs still ongoing and I have about ten bajillion regrets.

23 Seconds, it could have been so much more; but Quetz and I got busy with Return To Slender and suddenly everything collapsed; a whole testing blog filled with fifty posts and we still haven't updated in god knows how long. Fifty characters was TOO MUCH even with the main "core" of characterization and nothing really shines. Collector is too cryptic because his characterization was only done recently, the companion blog doesn't even EXIST yet and if this damn thing ever gets done there will have to be a celebration.

Not only that; the whole thing was supposed to stand on its own. Now it's just ambience for RTS and if anyone ever cares/ pays attention to it it'll be a miracle.

And as for RTS; regrets might not be the best word, but I feel horrible that I'm leaning on my other writers and I'm HEAVILY skirting the line between blessed with suck and refuge in audacity. Spencer is a horrific product of bad writing and the only reason I'm still writing him is because he has a voice of his own.

A tumblr is a horrible place to have delivery requests sent and UHG UHG UHG. Maybe I can meet everyone's expectations eventually...?
Back to top Go down
Thage the Minithulu
Observer
Thage the Minithulu

Current Win Points : 84

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:49 pm

Everything in Para Not-So-Normal.
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:02 pm

Chill, Spazz. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Thage: I really liked the premise of PNSN, if you recall, I considered rewriting it in that 'Compleat Edition' thread that never got off the ground. I think Fizzy's best moment was when Zero got her to admit she wasn't fearless. I will always remember that as being a big moment.
Back to top Go down
Linners
Untainted

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:09 am

Deleting all of the previous posts from The Lonely Rainbow and only devoting a week of every few months to it instead of continuing with my character's development. I would've had more fun with the blog had I of actually done more developing and committed myself to it more than just "oh hey I feel like doing this for the first time in weeks trolololol".

Going too fast with Blutigen Ivy and rushing the plot more than I had intended. I had originally planned to go at least two Slenderless weeks to develop the character and get a better feel of him, but crossover quickly disease hit my friend and I and we went too fast.
Back to top Go down
Dhaos_Lazah
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:05 am

Never finishing Lost Within the Green Sky.
Back to top Go down
Konaa
Observer
Konaa

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:35 pm

To get this one off my chest:

I regret dangling like three or four threads early on cause I had no idea what I was doing and wanted to give myself something to call back to later, a plot hook. the figurine, the box in general...

Bad konaa. You cannot write a Slenderblog like you write your DnD campaigns.
Back to top Go down
http://somethingtoleavebehind.blogspot.com/
Hallow Sleeper
Observer
Hallow Sleeper

Current Win Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:43 pm

I regret making my Slenderman into a Slenderwoman. I also regret giving up on it so early.

Though I did leave it open to where I could start back up again...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Blogging Regrets   Your Blogging Regrets - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Blogging Regrets
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2