Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation

Go down 
+8
DFW
Malus
quofomo
Mennos
Omega
Sachael
LoveHopeRainbows
Zander
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation Empty
PostSubject: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 2:14 pm

I want you to give me any and all questions you have about Slender Nation, Slender Man, etc. I'm going to be editing our FAQ section soon, and I would like to know any and all questions you may have about the site and/or Mythos.
Back to top Go down
LoveHopeRainbows
Anxious
LoveHopeRainbows

Current Win Points : 10

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Could the Slender Nation houses be explained a little more? If there's a thread about it, I haven't seen it. >> I'm hesitant to assume it is only a joke off of HP.
Back to top Go down
http://fearmythos.blogspot.com
Sachael
Watched
Sachael

Current Win Points : 179

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:07 pm

LoveHopeRainbows wrote:
I'm hesitant to assume it is only a joke off of HP.

That's actually exactly what it is. You join a house and get a pretty color for your name, s'all.

(rakenclaw 4 lyfe)
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:17 pm

My question: Hey guys, can I be in the movie? Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation 832856
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Thank you for the question LopeHopeRainbows. Omega, I mean serious questions or basic ones. Even ones like "What is Slender Man?" and such. I mean anything like that.

COME AT ME EVERYONE.
Back to top Go down
Mennos
Observer
Mennos

Current Win Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:57 pm

You could have something pertaining to a slight description of some of the key characters. Like you said, one for Slenderman, and then a little explanation or the Rake, Habit, Masky, or what/whoever you feel is necessary to add. That might help some people out. Who knows, just trying to slightly help.
Back to top Go down
LoveHopeRainbows
Anxious
LoveHopeRainbows

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Oh, now that I'm not afraid of asking... MUHAHAHAHA!

How/when to spoiler would be nice. It took me a while on UF to figure it out, and anyone new might not get it.

Um.. a nice list of links to Slendy related art/whatever would be appreciated.

A definition of gamejacking and canonjacking would definitely be good.

I think that's it for now. I think. >>
Back to top Go down
quofomo
Watched
quofomo

Current Win Points : 177

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:31 pm

LoveHopeRainbows wrote:
Oh, now that I'm not afraid of asking... MUHAHAHAHA!
How/when to spoiler would be nice. It took me a while on UF to figure it out, and anyone new might not get it.
Um.. a nice list of links to Slendy related art/whatever would be appreciated.
A definition of gamejacking and canonjacking would definitely be good.
I think that's it for now. I think. >>
SPOILERS: When you want to spoiler a sentence, paragraph, or whatever, type [ spoiler ] at the beginning of it. Then, when you want to stop spoiling, type [ / spoiler ]. Without the spaces, of course.
Spoiler:
SLENDY ART: There's this or, check this out.
GAMEJACKING: Posting OOC on someone's blog, or vlog, trying to ruin the immersion or plot. Basically trolling. Someone more involved in the Slenderverse should answer that. ._.
Back to top Go down
http://quofomo.tumblr.com
LoveHopeRainbows
Anxious
LoveHopeRainbows

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:36 pm

It'd be nice if the answers were on the list. Also, THANK YOU for answering me! I love when oldbies answer my questions. And to my knowledge, there was a recent scare of game/canon jacking because people didn't know what it was. I'm a lot more careful in what I post/comment since someone explained it to me.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:11 pm

Well yes, the idea of this would be to have the answers on the list. But I want to make sure we have the questions people may ask. Please keep contributing questions. Even if you think they may be silly/stupid, I need suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:15 pm

What other kind of monsters are 'involved' with the Mythos (aside from the Rake) and what video series/blogs do they appear in? And since my second question kind of ties into this, can people still create certain things that expand upon the Mythos, like Zero's Bleeding Tree, for instance?

EDIT: Well, a better question would be if someone could create something like that, and still be treated 'fairly', or without ridicule?
Back to top Go down
DFW
Observer
DFW

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:26 pm

>what are some of the well known stories about slendy? And is there a list of slenderseries if I want to find more?

This was the only one I could think of..I am bad at thinking of question suggestions sorry XD
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:34 pm

That's good. Need all and any.
Back to top Go down
Toxiandra
Anxious
Toxiandra

Current Win Points : 35

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:35 pm

Zander wrote:
Please keep contributing questions. Even if you think they may be silly/stupid, I need suggestions.

Well in that case, what exactly is "Sinclaire?" I'm not talking about their identity, but rather, are they proxy?
Back to top Go down
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

Current Win Points : 143

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:39 pm

Hm the only one I can think of off the top of my head which ties into Malus said:

"What still classes as open source in the blogosphere and what are the rules for using them?

I know we've got that topic for it, but having some way to group that knowledge together might help. Plus it fits with Malus question of what fits into the mythos.

That's about all I can think of though, anything else I could've already has been covered.
Back to top Go down
LoveHopeRainbows
Anxious
LoveHopeRainbows

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:55 pm

Sinclaire is not a proxy, to my knowledge. Just a chick in a coma.

Also, why did you give up your teal coloring? We want it back.

The shipping thread could do with a... slightly more sane explanation. Also, is there a shipping thread for characters in the mythos?

One of the masterlists would probably be good to have on the FAQ as well.

Back to top Go down
Toxiandra
Anxious
Toxiandra

Current Win Points : 35

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:00 pm

LoveHopeRainbows wrote:

Also, why did you give up your teal coloring? We want it back.

The shipping thread could do with a... slightly more sane explanation. Also, is there a shipping thread for characters in the mythos?

One of the masterlists would probably be good to have on the FAQ as well.

*Feels like an idiot* Sorry, I don't follow up on any other vlogs/blogs besides MH, EMH, and TT, so I sometimes get a little confused when other users talk about things besides those three.
Back to top Go down
LoveHopeRainbows
Anxious
LoveHopeRainbows

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:46 pm

That reminds me, actually, having a minor dictionary for reference on what various different phrases mean would be nice. XD
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 3:47 pm

LoveHopeRainbows wrote:

Actually I'm pretty sure that Sinclair is Slender Nation's nickname for the hooded proxy in MH. Other sources call that person Hoodie or Blasky. It's just an in-joke that spread.

That said, stupid questions? Stupid Questions.

*What is the Slender Man?
*Is the Slender Man real?
*Have I actually seen it? I'm pretty sure I did.
*What are winpoints?
*Why do people keep giving me negative winpoints???
*What vlog series should I watch?
*How do I make my own blog/vlog?
*What is the best way to go about promoting my own work in other venues/forums?
*How do I recruit a tall person/make a Slender Man prop?
*Is having Slender Man actually appear in my vlog totally necessary?

That's all off the top of my head right now, I'm sure I can come up with more later.
Back to top Go down
Kashi
Untainted
Kashi

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 3:53 pm

BananaBrains wrote:
*Is having Slender Man actually appear in my vlog totally necessary?

Nothing is scarier?
Back to top Go down
http://oracleofmadness.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation   Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation Empty

Back to top Go down

Frequently Asked Questions of Slender Nation
Page 1 of 1