Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

How To Make Slendermans Face

Go down 
+7
The Slender Man
ChewieV2
Tarvok
MarbleBumblebee
NearTheEnd
Elmarco
T-man
11 posters
AuthorMessage
T-man
Untainted

Current Win Points : 14

How To Make Slendermans Face Empty
PostSubject: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 5:34 pm

I am currently in the process of starting up my own Slendervlog, (I have $340 set aside now as opposed to the $30 I had when I posted my last question related to this so thanks to whoever it was who convinced me to raise my budget) and I need help with a special effects-related question to anyone who can answer it. Does anyone here have experience with making Slender Mans (lack of a) face look authentic?
Back to top Go down
Elmarco
Untainted

Current Win Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 2:20 pm

@T-Man
I've found that using several pairs of flesh coloured tights works well. If you're planning on having the Slenderman in broad daylight though, I'd try something else, as the features of the person can sometimes show through in harsh light.
(Made my own series and this was the technique I used.)
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 6:57 pm

If you want to take the really cheap way out, what we did was take a plain white t-shirt, put it over his face, and tie it in the back of Slendy's head. It works with low-lighting and lots of editing. Downside is that you can't really see through it, but it works in a pinch. If you have some money, then you should totally get a white morph suit. Those are ideal.
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
MarbleBumblebee
Anxious
MarbleBumblebee

Current Win Points : 30

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 11:17 pm

We used a white T-Shirt. I would definitely NOT recommend doing that. Like NearTheEnd said, you can't see through it, and the back looks terrible. Also, you don't have to look very closely to see the "gills" at the side where the folds of the shirt overlay. Either tights or fleshy pantyhose (as was recommended to us by Noah of TribeTwelve, who uses the latter) would work best. I wouldn't waste my money on a morphsuit though, there are better things to spend that money on. Cheap motels, for example.

Good luck with the series, I hope you have loads of fun with it.
Back to top Go down
http://Slenderparody.wikispaces.com
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:04 am

MarbleBumblebee wrote:
We used a white T-Shirt. I would definitely NOT recommend doing that. Like NearTheEnd said, you can't see through it, and the back looks terrible. Also, you don't have to look very closely to see the "gills" at the side where the folds of the shirt overlay. Either tights or fleshy pantyhose (as was recommended to us by Noah of TribeTwelve, who uses the latter) would work best. I wouldn't waste my money on a morphsuit though, there are better things to spend that money on. Cheap motels, for example.

Good luck with the series, I hope you have loads of fun with it.
Yeah, they are a little pricey. Plus they're a little too shiny for Slendy's face. What we're thinking of doing is buying like...a generic, cheap, halloween mask of some sort and painting it (with nontoxic paint, of course) white. Its a cheap idea... but we're all poor kids who no jobs. xD
Back to top Go down
MarbleBumblebee
Anxious
MarbleBumblebee

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 12:05 pm

Quote :
Yeah, they are a little pricey. Plus they're a little too shiny for Slendy's face. What we're thinking of doing is buying like...a generic, cheap, halloween mask of some sort and painting it (with nontoxic paint, of course) white. Its a cheap idea... but we're all poor kids who no jobs. xD

That is what the special effects team did for Michael Meyer's mask. They went to the dollar store and found a William shatner mask, which they painted white to make the face of our serial killer friend.

I think that's a great idea (and one that I had early in our series), but we were unable to find one that suited us. Better luck to you sir.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:45 pm

MarbleBumblebee wrote:

That is what the special effects team did for Michael Meyer's mask. They went to the dollar store and found a William shatner mask, which they painted white to make the face of our serial killer friend.

I think that's a great idea (and one that I had early in our series), but we were unable to find one that suited us. Better luck to you sir.
I hope it'll work. We'll find out, I suppose. If it works, I'll be sure to let people know what we did and what kind of mask we used. :3
Back to top Go down
MarbleBumblebee
Anxious
MarbleBumblebee

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 4:08 pm

I hope it'll work. We'll find out, I suppose. If it works, I'll be sure to let people know what we did and what kind of mask we used. :3[/quote]

Au contraire. A magician never reveals his secrets. If you figure that one out, you have yourself a trade secret that will die with you. Stupid MH wont tell ANYONE how to make the masky mask.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 6:43 pm

MarbleBumblebee wrote:

Au contraire. A magician never reveals his secrets. If you figure that one out, you have yourself a trade secret that will die with you. Stupid MH wont tell ANYONE how to make the masky mask.
Oh, I don't want to be mean, though. D: MH is just a bunch of meanies. (I'm totally joking. I'm sure they're pretty fantastic people.) Anyway, I'm sure if all else fails you can wrap toilet paper around the person's head. XP
Back to top Go down
Tarvok
Anxious

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:24 pm

Back to top Go down
MarbleBumblebee
Anxious
MarbleBumblebee

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:12 pm

Tarvok wrote:
well i was thinking about using a white Balaclava and tights pull off slender man's face. first the balaclava then the tights over that. here is some examples of the balaclava.

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/vitaflex-balaclava-spray-sock-white-open-face-soft-stretch-hood-6-pack-215347.html

http://store.colemans.com/cart/genuine-italian-military-white-balaclava-p-2418.html

http://andysmilitarysurplus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=605

HEY NOW! There's an Idea that I have never heard before. I bet (depending on the tights) that your slender-man would even have some visibility! Looks pretty low budget too. Win point for the originality dude.
Back to top Go down
Tarvok
Anxious

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:33 pm

yeah I was milling that one around ever since I first saw MH.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:04 pm

Wow, that's a great idea. I wish I had your originality.
Back to top Go down
ChewieV2
Observer
ChewieV2

Current Win Points : 57

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:26 pm

The method I used to use when I'd dress up as the Question (A superhero who happens to wear a faceless mask) is a pair of flesh coloured tights pulled tight over one of those white, plastic face masks. The mask completely stops your features coming through and makes the lack of face seem a little paler in a really natural way.
Another thing I was thinking of toying with was sponging a thin layer of liquid latex over the tights to make them look a little more like skin under scrutiny.
Back to top Go down
MarbleBumblebee
Anxious
MarbleBumblebee

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:08 pm

Might work once but after the Liquid latex dried, you would loose the stretchy property of the tights and trying to force them to do so might cause crumbling. But, I appreciate your attention to detail (a little something that is lacking here on the webbernet).
Back to top Go down
ChewieV2
Observer
ChewieV2

Current Win Points : 57

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:26 pm

MarbleBumblebee wrote:
Might work once but after the Liquid latex dried, you would loose the stretchy property of the tights and trying to force them to do so might cause crumbling. But, I appreciate your attention to detail (a little something that is lacking here on the webbernet).

Hrm, good point. I'll try it on a few sample pieces and see how much it effects the stretch.
There's also the possibility of pre-stretching the tights over the head with mask and applying the latex with the intention that it not need to be stretched again and then, maybe, making a drawstring at the neck to secure it.
Back to top Go down
The Slender Man
Anxious
The Slender Man

Current Win Points : 21

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:27 am

I just use a morph suit.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Foxglove
Taken
Foxglove

Current Win Points : 14

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:33 am

As someone that loves Halloween, I take costume making seriously and aim for realistic costumes. A modified zombie costume would work great. Remember, these guys have to wander around and make noises, so the makeup has stretch. I would try using paints, spirit gum and liquid latex to cover up your features and give a flat, defined, torn, smooth, WHATEVER canvas. I've seen makeup tutorials on YouTube on covering eyes, so it should be relatively simple to cover both (making sure to leave tiny holes to see out of, of course) and then use a similar method in the mouth.
Most zombie makeup items can be picked up for cheap at your local costume store, and many people already have face paints. If you can, get a tub of some Ben Nye finishing powder, too. That stuff is great.

Pros:
Looks awesome
Cheaper than a morph suit
Totally fun to do
Will blend into the neck a Hell of a lot easier than using a shirt
Looks more realistic than a mask and a shirt
Will make everyone gasp at your manly skills.

Cons:
If you don't have a costume shop near you, the stuff can be hard to get
Can take a long time to put together
Your Slendie may be allergic to face paints or latex
You might be all lulwut if it goes wrong
People may try to burn you at the stake for your witchcraft

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://coldforest.tumblr.com/
Elmarco
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Over-inflating a balloon so that it is massive, and then popping it might work. You could then stretch the balloon to fit the wearer. The problem I see here is that balloon rubber can be quite hard to see through- HOWEVER it does become kinda see-through once it has been stretched enough. There may also be some problems with shine. but I dunno.
Back to top Go down
kali_awake
Untainted
kali_awake

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:40 pm

I had some friends who were going to start a Slenderblog a while back, and I helped them out in the earlier development stages. Making their mask was a two-part process: first they cut out and sewed together a thick piece of creamish colored fabric and sewed a drawstring in around the bottom, so it could be pulled up to fit around their Slendy's chin; after that they used a white shirt made out of stretchy fabric similar to under armour, sewed it into a sort of mask/hood, then stuck it over the thicker fabric.

It really muted the guy's features without completely eliminating them (you could still see some nose definition), and if it was pinned correctly in the back, didn't look to saggy or misshaped. However, it was impossible for him to see out of, and got really hot really quickly. Not perfect, but it worked.
Back to top Go down
Fennius
Untainted
Fennius

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:31 am

I do it with a whosuit(slightly cheaper morphsuit). You can often see out of it(though the hat really helps inside as it cuts out light from above). There are seams on the top though(can probably be edited out, or just wear a hat!)

sometimes it looks really really good:

How To Make Slendermans Face The%2Bslenderman

Other times...less so:

How To Make Slendermans Face 183613_10150096035162643_689482642_6487647_1933000_n
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Untainted
Nessa

Current Win Points : 27

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:36 pm

When I first started experimenting with it, I just sort of stumbled upon a mask that has a bit of visibility through it almost by accident.

I had an old dress shirt (the white ones you wear with suits) that had a big ol' stain on it that just would not come out. After finally giving it up as a lost cause, I realized that the thin, breathable white cotton fabric effectively obscured what was beneath it, but that if you held it up to your eyes, you could basically see through it. Cut my slendermask out of it, realized that the wrinkles made it ugly, and got some really pale stockings to pull over the top of it. They obscured the visibility a little bit more, but not to the point where you'll stumble over stuff.

Hope that helped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Make Slendermans Face   How To Make Slendermans Face Empty

Back to top Go down

How To Make Slendermans Face
Page 1 of 1