Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

How would you end a Slender Man Series?

Go down 
+9
plackonteeth
xyzombie
ChaosGamma
TheFallenenvoy
Fotzepolitic
AlphabeticWar
Cougar Draven
Rats808
aGamingFish
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

Current Win Points : 87

How would you end a Slender Man Series? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How would you end a Slender Man Series?   How would you end a Slender Man Series? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:37 am

I'd have to say it's been quite easy to tell the protagonists from the antagonists apart in MH for the most part.

And endings are necessary. Satisfying endings are the difficult part, and nearly impossible.
Back to top Go down
http://cougardraven.tumblr.com/
Nearnote
Untainted
Nearnote

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: How would you end a Slender Man Series?   How would you end a Slender Man Series? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 12:04 pm

A series going on and on indefinitely is a bad, BAD idea. Something entertaining shouldn't go on for ever, or else we'll either lose interest or not live long enough to see the outcome. If I had to end a Slendy series, I'd probably say either a deep confusing/twisted ending or the main character being killed.
Back to top Go down
EaterOfWorlds
Untainted
EaterOfWorlds

Current Win Points : -2

PostSubject: Re: How would you end a Slender Man Series?   How would you end a Slender Man Series? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 1:41 pm

Something like a fight with an proxy the main character wins then slendy
pops up and his tentacles take the character and dissapears the camera
rolls then for a few seconds and its over

thats what I would like to see
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: How would you end a Slender Man Series?   How would you end a Slender Man Series? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 2:00 pm

I was going to make a slenderblog (I never released it anywhere) a while ago and in the ending I woke up in the same place everything started, with slenderman standing over me, with a note in my hand saying "I'm glad you did that", and slenderman telaported away to stalk someone else. Then days later my character said he was going to start a blog, and that something had been stalking him that looked slightly familiar.

tl;dr I would end it with an infinite loop
Back to top Go down
http://mrsaturnjr.com/
EaterOfWorlds
Untainted
EaterOfWorlds

Current Win Points : -2

PostSubject: Re: How would you end a Slender Man Series?   How would you end a Slender Man Series? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 2:02 pm

Sounds cool or the main character will turn into a proxy and help slenderman stalking another youtuber Smile
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

Current Win Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: How would you end a Slender Man Series?   How would you end a Slender Man Series? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 2:15 pm

level100nidoking wrote:
I was going to make a slenderblog (I never released it anywhere) a while ago and in the ending I woke up in the same place everything started, with slenderman standing over me, with a note in my hand saying "I'm glad you did that", and slenderman telaported away to stalk someone else. Then days later my character said he was going to start a blog, and that something had been stalking him that looked slightly familiar.

tl;dr I would end it with an infinite loop

See, I think this could work quite nicely as a vlog, as long as you planned ahead; the protagonist could occasionally "bump into himself", but you wouldn't know it was him until the second playthrough... could be a nightmare, but hey.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: How would you end a Slender Man Series?   How would you end a Slender Man Series? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Hm. The Dark Tower ending. Interesting.

Personally I like the Majora's Mask ending, which is where at the end of it all it will have never taken place.

(Because the English language handles nonstandard tenses like a fucking champ.)
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

PostSubject: Re: How would you end a Slender Man Series?   How would you end a Slender Man Series? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 3:46 pm

I'm very wary of anything that can be read as some variation on "it was all a dream". Time travel stuff is really bad for that.

I was thinking more like Triangle.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: How would you end a Slender Man Series?   How would you end a Slender Man Series? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 3:50 pm

Fun story: My brain auto-piloted that right into Google before I realized I just searched the internet for the fucking word "triangle". Send help.

Also that much fuckery with what we know of as time would bother people. It's why I just stick to bringing dead people back to life and complex metaphysics.
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

PostSubject: Re: How would you end a Slender Man Series?   How would you end a Slender Man Series? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 4:09 pm

Googling "triangle movie boat" should do it for you. Watch Pontypool while you're at it. I don't know why but they just work well together.

As for time, people who only watch soap operas seem to be able to cope with constant time dilation week after week. I've often thought you could lampshade that - i.e. use time dilation the way that it's used in soap operas, but then have the characters become aware that it's happening and potentially harness it for their own purposes.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: How would you end a Slender Man Series?   How would you end a Slender Man Series? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 6:16 pm

It's the comic book sliding time scale. I get it. But at the same time, it's functionally inappropriate.

Though I may play around with the concept a bit when I've brought my current story to a close.
Back to top Go down
guitargodd97
Anxious
guitargodd97

PostSubject: Re: How would you end a Slender Man Series?   How would you end a Slender Man Series? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 7:14 pm

This has all been been really helpful. I'm thinking of starting a slender web series and this has helped start up the wheels of creativity in my brain.

Honestly, I think if I ended a series I would make it randomly just end when the hero resolves to do something, like in the next video he would have gone to do something big but never came back.

Or make something so confusing, so bizarre that the video raises more questions than answers and leaves all to speculate about what it was they just watched.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/HunterMusicAndTV
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: How would you end a Slender Man Series?   How would you end a Slender Man Series? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 7:33 pm

Unfortunately, when people try cryptic bullshit, they typically piss off the largest portion of their audience. Marble Hornets only gets away with that shit because they've built themselves up to the point where cryptic bullshit is just a puzzle that I we haven't solved yet.

Also, the Just a Fool ending (the random unexplained ending) only works for them, any other series would just leave people bitching. Just look at the fandom's complaints about the delay between Marble Hornets episodes. You'd think Troy and Joseph were personally coming over to their houses and kicking their dogs in the nuts.
Back to top Go down
guitargodd97
Anxious
guitargodd97

PostSubject: Re: How would you end a Slender Man Series?   How would you end a Slender Man Series? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 7:42 pm

I guess that does make sense, haha. Hmm, I will definitely need to put a lot of thought into this before randomly diving into it. I always have found it weird with the whole Marble Hornets going on forever. It makes no sense to me. I want to make a series that makes sense, follows a time scale that feels real and leaves its watchers chilled to the bone and thinking about it later that night.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/HunterMusicAndTV
aGamingFish
Anxious
aGamingFish

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: How would you end a Slender Man Series?   How would you end a Slender Man Series? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:01 am

guitargodd97 wrote:
I guess that does make sense, haha. Hmm, I will definitely need to put a lot of thought into this before randomly diving into it. I always have found it weird with the whole Marble Hornets going on forever. It makes no sense to me. I want to make a series that makes sense, follows a time scale that feels real and leaves its watchers chilled to the bone and thinking about it later that night.
Woah! Sounds like an awesome series. Upload IMMEDIATELY please. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/GreyPixelFilms?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How would you end a Slender Man Series?   How would you end a Slender Man Series? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How would you end a Slender Man Series?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2