Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

TheScarlettHouse

Go down 
+12
BananaBrains
MsHyde
TailsFoxy
SoulEatingBunny
Packfong
BravoBismuth
saqua23
Ekaetriana
Slendercles
DarkShadows
sethlapod555
NickIsLick
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 7:14 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
saqua23
Untainted
saqua23

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:20 am

I hope fans of the show don't mind that I'm greatly amused by your thoughts. : ) And BravoBismouth, I may have to steal that title from you for the bloopers.... I would give credit where credit is due of course Wink Today the cast and I got a LOT of work done, and a LOT of writing. The next eight episodes are fully planned out and ready to be filmed. So be patient and expect... "some" answers soon enough. I also want to thank each and every one of you for even caring about this show, as I find it barely meeting par at best. It blows my mind that people even enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.saqua23.tumblr.com
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 1:09 am

You're a tease saqua23, and I love you for it. :'D

And please, PLEASE do a blooper reel with that title.
Back to top Go down
BravoBismuth
Observer

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 1:43 am

Indeed, blooper away! Lord knows I won't be using that title for anything.
Back to top Go down
Packfong
Observer
Packfong

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 6:03 pm

DarkShadows wrote:
"The Inexplicable Shenanigans of Slendy"

This is kinda what I would do if I did a series, actually.
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 5:29 am

new video:
Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 6:02 pm

OH GOD SO MANY FEELS. D:

Calling it now, Nick's gonna be Proxified or otherwise screwed over first.
Back to top Go down
MsHyde
Untainted
MsHyde

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 7:53 pm

Just started watching this, and I it might be my favorite.

Good: The House, Slenderman, Acting, Capturing tension.

Needs Work: Character Development, we know who TJ and Nick are, but not much about everyone else. Editing.

Im really excited to see where this series is going!
Back to top Go down
saqua23
Untainted
saqua23

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:44 pm

Alright guys, I don't really like advertising my own videos, but as this has been a long-awaited episode by some of you, I just thought I'd put it on here that in about an hour, the big episode I promised, "Exploration #2," will be uploaded. Keep your eyes peeled if you want to find out what happened to Nick. : D
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:48 pm

S'okay saqua. I can wait. You're awesome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
saqua23
Untainted
saqua23

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 1:07 am

Enjoy! We worked REALLY hard on this episode so I really hope everyone likes it.
Back to top Go down
BravoBismuth
Observer

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:18 am

So I apparently had a massive lapse in judgement and decided to watch the latest video before going to bed. Looks like I'm cuddling with a blunt weapon tonight.

Spoiler:

And I think I have the same phone as Nick.
Back to top Go down
MsHyde
Untainted
MsHyde

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:59 pm

:O.
THIS.WAS.BY. FAR. THE BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

This was (in my opinion) better than I have seen any Slender series get with tension, suspense,and just plain ole scares. . I loved it!!!

Oh and btw poor Nick :/
Back to top Go down
Packfong
Observer
Packfong

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 12:22 am

I'd make future videos tighter. The house more or less looks the same so I don't think touring so much was necessary. Nothing even really happened until 12 minutes in. I'll be honest, I would have just started the video in the house. Whenever I see a Slender-video 15 minutes long my heart sinks (even eight minutes, really). I just know there's no way it's going to keep me watching. I admit I have a bad problem focusing, but I just watched for when I thought the Slenderman or a witch or the Proxy might show up. I skipped most of the vid when I didn't see much happening besides talking. I caught the weird symbols but they didn't reveal anything new.

With "amateur" footage I believe less is more. There's no Hollywood effects of music, the four wall, different camera angles, edits, and other illusions to keep my mind connected. The raw footage medium doesn't work on a long-time format, I feel, unless the action is really amped or something. People sitting around or just walking doesn't translate. I don't know how you guys feel about Slendy hogging the screen, but I always feel a little disappointed when he shows up at the end of a video to stand around for a few seconds and that's it. Going into this video, with the way people were talking, I hoped he might get physical or violent but he just stood around as usual not doing much.

That being said I thought Slendy showing up with a maskless ally/servant (ohemgee, someone who looks small and human!) no less, was amazingly cool. I've never seen a Proxy or any human stand by him with such... confidence? It makes me think scary things, like, who's in control? I never think that way about Slendy. Not saying she is, but it was cool to see.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:28 am

Packfong wrote:
That being said I thought Slendy showing up with a maskless ally/servant (ohemgee, someone who looks small and human!) no less, was amazingly cool. I've never seen a Proxy or any human stand by him with such... confidence? It makes me think scary things, like, who's in control? I never think that way about Slendy. Not saying she is, but it was cool to see.

Agreed, Packfong! Very Happy That. Was cool. And the giggling was so creepy.

Oh man, just the tension in this video, it was awesome. Thick enough to cut with a knife. You did a great job setting up the atmosphere, because in these kinds of stories (or any horror story really) Nothingness is always scarier. Good job making it feel tense; I didn't even notice I was watching a 15-minute vid.
Back to top Go down
saqua23
Untainted
saqua23

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:15 pm

Well, Packfong, I'm sorry you feel that way. I will say though, it seems like you're only watching this series to see Slender Man or the proxies, which is not a viable reason to watch this particular series. I'll go ahead and tell you that this show is intended to be very heavily character and story driven, so if you only want to see episodes with Slender Man and proxies, perhaps you should check out another show. I'm not trying to seem antagonistic or smart ass here, I'm just letting you know in advance so you won't be disappointed. If, however, you are genuinely interested in the story, then I would suggest not skipping parts of a video, especially one that contained many important hints like this one did. If something is included in an episode, it's there for a reason. I'm very against "filler" material so I don't want you to think that that's what I'm doing here. I also want to address your statement that Slender Man just "stood around as usual." (I'm sorry, I don't know how to "quote" people on here, I'm a forum noob.) I don't know how you see that Slendy was just standing around, as he was very aggressively coming down the hallway to capture Nick, forcing him to almost fall down the stairs. Again, I'm not trying to seem like an ass, but I just wanted to correct what I'm seeing. I will admit he wasn't very "violent" in doing so, but he also wasn't just standing there. I can also promise you that in the future, I do intend on having a very violent Slender Man. He will definitely have some scenes where people are suffering at his hands. BUT I do also want to point out that in the original stories, where the deaths by Slender Man were very violent, Slender Man was only every seen standing in the background, watching. That's what he does, is just watch you... for a long time, possibly, or for years, but it always ends in death.

Addressing DarkShadows, I'm glad you liked it! : ) Your statement that you didn't realize you were watching a 15 minute video was exactly what I was hoping for, that the tension and atmosphere would make the video go by faster. I do apologize to anyone else who felt that the episode "dragged out" or something like that, but considering I did have about three hours of footage to narrow down, I think it's quite impressive the episode only ended up being 15 minutes.

I'm enjoying the responses, and again to Packfong, I hope you keep watching and I'm not upset, mad or annoyed at you, nothing like that. I just wanted to address some concerns you seemed to have, and hopefully I was able to put them at rest. Look forward to more episodes soon! We are hard at work writing, filming and editing, several days a week, and it takes some time to put together an episode. Keep your eyes peeled.
Back to top Go down
Packfong
Observer
Packfong

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:26 pm

I understand character development and I am willing to admit I missed stuff. I also understand my tastes are not "set" traditionally for ARGs, vlogs, and the like, though they're such a huge outlet of Slendy that I try out a lot of them to see what sticks.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:26 am

saqua23 wrote:
(I'm sorry, I don't know how to "quote" people on here, I'm a forum noob.)

You should hit the red button that says "quote" on Packfong's post to quote him. Hit the one on mine to quote me, the one on anyone's post to quote them. Or you can copy just the part you want, and use the forum tags [ quote ] (your text here) [ /quote ] (with no spaces of course.)

Quote :
I can also promise you that in the future, I do intend on having a very violent Slender Man. He will definitely have some scenes where people are suffering at his hands. BUT I do also want to point out that in the original stories, where the deaths by Slender Man were very violent, Slender Man was only every seen standing in the background, watching. That's what he does, is just watch you... for a long time, possibly, or for years, but it always ends in death.

Ooh violent Slendy! OwO *stares intently at your Slendy like he is a shiny thing. Your Slendy slowly backs away from the weird human girl that keeps staring. It's not as fun when you're the target of your own game...*

Also, very good points, saqua. I personally don't always care for a Slendy that ALWAYS kills his targets, or one that even is overly violent, since to me I think it's a bit creepier when it's something worse than death or something left unanswered that he does to you, but I'm cool with violent, "I want to kill everybody in the world! *bass drop*" Slendy. Please tell me that if you end up doing tendrils, he's gonna punch a hole through someone's chest with them. Please. Plz.

Quote :
but considering I did have about three hours of footage to narrow down, I think it's quite impressive the episode only ended up being 15 minutes.

3 hours? O.o Wow. I mean I'm not surprised, it's good to have a ton of takes and stuff, but sheesh. How many times did you film those scenes, Saqua?!

Hanging on the edge of my seat here waiting for you to update. Also I'd like you to know that I consider this one of my favorite Slenderseries on Youtube just now, and I'll definitely be encouraging more people to watch it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
saqua23
Untainted
saqua23

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:55 am

Thanks, DarkShadows. ^_^ I saw that quote button, but when I click it and see a bunch of text I get very discouraged. : P

So yeah I think we ended up doing around 10 total takes on two seperate nights, and including bloopers and actual footage, it did end up being almost three hours. So ending up with 15 minutes was quite the success, I thought.

As for the "violent Slendy," don't worry. There will be plenty of passive, "I see you but I'm not doing anything" Slendy scenes as well. We're trying to get a good mix of horror for everyone, blending suspense, tension, gore (VERY slightly), death, jumps, violence, etc. My goal is to create a new, creative take on the Slenderverse while still staying true to the original ideas that made Slender Man scary in the first place. I want to make everyone happy, as unrealistic as that is. : )
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:27 am

saqua23 wrote:
We're trying to get a good mix of horror for everyone, blending suspense, tension, gore (VERY slightly), death, jumps, violence, etc. My goal is to create a new, creative take on the Slenderverse while still staying true to the original ideas that made Slender Man scary in the first place. I want to make everyone happy, as unrealistic as that is. : )

This is why I love you and your series. ^w^
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:46 am

saqua23 wrote:
it seems like you're only watching this series to see Slender Man or the proxies, which is not a viable reason to watch this particular series. I'll go ahead and tell you that this show is intended to be very heavily character and story driven, so if you only want to see episodes with Slender Man and proxies, perhaps you should check out another show.

Now THIS is going in a great direction. I love these types of stories, where it's story-driven and has to do with more than just the tell eldritch man. And I'm definitely anticipating the future events.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
MsHyde
Untainted
MsHyde

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:53 pm

I can't wait to see your show become more character driven! I am already loving it! And once I start to love the characters it will be even better! Very Happy Your series is awesome Saqua!
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:40 pm

Well would y'all look at what I found:

Back to top Go down
Packfong
Observer
Packfong

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:48 pm

I think I saw cows. Regular cows...or EVIL cows? :[

I like the house in the daytime.

Back to top Go down
BravoBismuth
Observer

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 12:01 am

The cameraman (TJ?) does not have the steadiest of hands. :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TheScarlettHouse   TheScarlettHouse - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

TheScarlettHouse
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Finished Series-
Jump to: