Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Slender Nation Houses

Go down 
+6
TailsFoxy
quofomo
Dr. Squirtle
River Song
Etreo
The Doctor
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

Slender Nation Houses Empty
PostSubject: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:08 pm

So, BanishedZaber and I were talking, and we decided to bring this to you!

Would you like to rename the houses, keep them the way they are, or add some more? I mean, we will be redoing the crest soon, so we bring these questions to you, our faithful users, for your input!

Constructive feedback is always welcome and appreciated!
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:16 pm

I think some more originality would be better in the names. I mean, they're really blatant Harry Potter rip-offs, as presumably they were intended to be. But I'm sure we could come up with something better.
Back to top Go down
River Song
Watched
River Song

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:31 pm

I was discussing it with Doc as well. I also feel like they don't really represent the full Mythos at this point, as they were created in the days when the big three were pretty much the only source of content. At this point, there's hundreds of blogs and vlogs, not to mention movies and video games of varying quality.

So... I guess we can leave this open in terms of suggestions for new houses/groups/whatever it is decided to call them?
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:38 pm

River Song wrote:
So... I guess we can leave this open in terms of suggestions for new houses/groups/whatever it is decided to call them?
CLANS

I think the Ark reference would be good to keep, purely because the Ark is such a commonplace symbol throughout the mythos. I acknowledge the Operator and Masky references should probably go though. And with so much fresh content out right now, we could probably knock the Rake one over the head too. That's just me though.
Slender Nation Houses Tumblr_mf5q4xhO9u1rzmx5b
What're you're opinions? (Wait for the image)

Yes... I like this idea. I put in my vote to rename.
Back to top Go down
River Song
Watched
River Song

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:49 pm

The original point of the houses was to join a group geared toward your favorite part of the Slenderverse. I'd suggest then that there be groups for vlogs, one for blogs, one for full-ARGS, one for the fear mythos perhaps, on a similar note, one for creepypasta, a group for games, maybe, as that particular area has been growing rapidly... I guess one for movies, though maybe not, as there've only been a few. I don't have anything else off the top of my head right now, though I bet it would come to me.

As for clans, I likes =)
Back to top Go down
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

Current Win Points : 119

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 8:35 pm

Etreo wrote:

CLANS

JAJAJAJA MUY BUENO JAJA
Back to top Go down
quofomo
Watched
quofomo

Current Win Points : 177

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:25 pm

I like the cheesiness of the HP rip offs, but they are kind of limited, fandom wise.
Back to top Go down
http://quofomo.tumblr.com
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:28 pm

Etreo wrote:

CLANS

Good idea Smile
Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Etreo wrote:
CLANS

I think the Ark reference would be good to keep, purely because the Ark is such a commonplace symbol throughout the mythos.(Wait for the image)

I SECOND THIS NOTION.

River Song wrote:
I guess one for movies, though maybe not, as there've only been a few. I don't have anything else off the top of my head right now, though I bet it would come to me.

I like all of those ideas except for that one. I don't know why, it's just that not many people are particularly fond the movies in the mythos fanbase, so I don't really see that being a very popular group.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Mashuga31
Untainted
Mashuga31

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 12:39 am

I would perfer keeping my house/clan/whatever it is. It can be called something else but I want to be in a group that is directly about Slenderman himself. Removing the operator reference is fine because that's a name Marble Hornets came up with. But as far as Clans go I think one should remain true to the aspect of Slendy.

Maybe have another Clan dedicated to Proxies (all the freaky art and videos included, and retaining a similar aspect of maskenpuff), and keep one clan dedicated to the Ark. We could replace the Rake group with one for the Fear mythos.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 am

All great suggestions! River is currently working on a draft of the crest, which should be here soon. We'll see what you all think of the draft, and from there we will improve or get to work on the final cut!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

Current Win Points : 119

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 10:18 pm

Will the houses actually mean something this time?
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:58 am

Dr.Squirtle wrote:
Will the houses actually mean something this time?

Read the previous replies.
Back to top Go down
Taken

Current Win Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:47 pm

How about the Insomniacs? Dunno if that was suggested yet. It's fits one of the main symptoms of Slendysickness.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:36 pm

How about the Insomniacs? Dunno if that was suggested yet. It's fits one of the main symptoms of Slendysickness.

I'm liking this idea.
Back to top Go down
chasechan2050
Observer
chasechan2050

Current Win Points : 45

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:00 pm

I like the idea of broadening the houses from just MH and I like the ideas so far :3

I lack enough creativity to figure out what anything should be called, anyway XD; But, it'd be interesting for each section to be named after things like Slender sicknesses and have something relating to the ARG aspect and something relating to the Fears :3
Back to top Go down
http://chasearts.carrd.co/
River Song
Watched
River Song

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:19 pm

I'd like to put up a house for fears, though I'm not entirely sure that the main creator of that mythos is entirely too happy with us right now. Perhaps someone could ask them if that's okay to do?
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:23 am

Alrighty, we've got a rough draft going, River should post it.....NAO!
Back to top Go down
chasechan2050
Observer
chasechan2050

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:25 am

I... didn't even know that some of the people over in the Fear mythos were mad at some of us O.o

And, I would if I could, but I haven't the foggiest as to who to ask. Especially considering I don't exactly keep up with the Fear mythos :/

If the Fear mythos can't be added in the house crest, it shouldn't be too big of a deal, though it'd be a shame if they don't let us use it :c Ah well.
Back to top Go down
Taken

Current Win Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:29 am

That's pretty cool. I like it.
Back to top Go down
River Song
Watched
River Song

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:32 am

OKAY, BASIC SKETCH
FROM TOP LEFT PICTURE:

Videos (vlogs/single videos/movies)
Written Media (blogs/books/short stories)
ARGs
Proxies
Games
"totheark/arc/anything to do with an 'ark/c'"
Creepypasta
The Slender Man himself

Slender Nation Houses TAq1ZOt

Thoughts? Feelings? Comments? Again, just a rough sketch. And like I said, there was originally going to be a Fear Mythos group, but considering the circumstances under which the main creator left, it may not be good timing. Things are obviously subject to change in the future.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:29 am

Nice Majoras Mask reference. I like it, though I think the ark might require some more... Ark. I guess that the ark is pretty hard to draw, but what's in that segment now isn't really doing anything for me. The Slenderman is also pretty well drawn.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:44 pm

River Song wrote:
OKAY, BASIC SKETCH
FROM TOP LEFT PICTURE:

Videos (vlogs/single videos/movies)
Written Media (blogs/books/short stories)
ARGs
Proxies
Games
"totheark/arc/anything to do with an 'ark/c'"
Creepypasta
The Slender Man himself

Slender Nation Houses TAq1ZOt

Thoughts? Feelings? Comments? Again, just a rough sketch. And like I said, there was originally going to be a Fear Mythos group, but considering the circumstances under which the main creator left, it may not be good timing. Things are obviously subject to change in the future.

I'm really liking the idea so far, but the only thing that's bothering me is the amount of groups in the basic sketch. I think we should keep a smaller number of houses at first, and as the site grows, add more of those houses.
Back to top Go down
River Song
Watched
River Song

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:53 pm

Etreo wrote:
Nice Majoras Mask reference. I like it, though I think the ark might require some more... Ark. I guess that the ark is pretty hard to draw, but what's in that segment now isn't really doing anything for me. The Slenderman is also pretty well drawn.

I agree that the Ark needs more Ark... I just don't know how to draw that. xD Anyone have any ideas?

Also, to Sethlapod, I get where you're coming from. Both myself and Doc would be inclined to take out the Games and ARGs groups, as Games could technically fall under video media, and ARGs would fall under either Video or Written Media (or both) depending on what the creator uses as their medium. How does that sound for everyone?
Back to top Go down
chasechan2050
Observer
chasechan2050

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:56 pm

Yea, that sounds great :3

It did seem a bit cluttered, but freeing it up a bit will make it look cleaner and nicer, I think :3

But, if we need more categories, we can always add them in later, I'd assume :p

EDIT: I just realized, what would the new colors be? I assume that we'd prob'ly be keeping the four we have, but we'll have to figure out what colors we'll be using when things get fleshed out and what have you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slender Nation Houses   Slender Nation Houses Empty

Back to top Go down

Slender Nation Houses
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next