Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Favorite TV Show Discoveries

Go down 
+6
sethlapod555
Anateus
Mashuga31
Dr. Squirtle
Etreo
GeorgePenn
10 posters
AuthorMessage
GeorgePenn
Taken
GeorgePenn

Current Win Points : 52

Favorite TV Show Discoveries Empty
PostSubject: Favorite TV Show Discoveries   Favorite TV Show Discoveries EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 6:37 pm

This is a thread about those TV shows you just happen to stumble across and immediately fall in love with.

Some of mine include:

Trailer Park Boys - Absolutely ridiculous comedy series from Canada that focuses on three friends from a Trailer Park that are constantly getting into trouble with their drug dealing and other illegal "get rich quick" schemes.

Glory Daze - Great comedy series that unfortunately only had a single season run before being canceled. Focused on a group of college freshman that pledge to a fraternity in 1986. Really funny and outrageous when it was on a few years back.

Doctor Who - a LOT of you know this series, but I came into it by stumbling across it on BBC America two years ago. It is my favorite show on TV now. I've watched almost all of the new series since, and will eventually take a crack at the classic series.

Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives - Oh man, this is the show that I've loved since the moment I saw it. I enjoy eating and making food. This is a show about a guy going to the tastiest places spread across the country, and eating there while finding out how they make their famous dishes. I never change the channel when I see that this is on, and I always look forward to new episodes.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Show Discoveries   Favorite TV Show Discoveries EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Adventure Time - That show is insane. It's so dark and full of wtf but so innocent at the same time. What other show could have humans being made extinct by a nuclear apocalypse and still appeal to kids of 7 years old?

Peep Show - Brilliant Comedy, the camera is POV and is narrated by the thoughts of the two main characters Jeremy and Matt. I see some of myself in both of them, especially their petty juvenility.

Have I Got News For You - Admittedly, I am 90 years old inside. But this show is so funny, so informative and just all around amazing. Nothing else to say, it's a must watch.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

Current Win Points : 119

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Show Discoveries   Favorite TV Show Discoveries EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:32 pm

I like anything on the science channel.
Back to top Go down
Mashuga31
Untainted
Mashuga31

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Show Discoveries   Favorite TV Show Discoveries EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:12 am

mlp goes without saying for me. ignoring that though -

King Of The Nerds.

I've never been into reality shows but one that bases itself around my skillsets and interests is bound to hook me.
Back to top Go down
Anateus
Anxious
Anateus

Current Win Points : 70

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Show Discoveries   Favorite TV Show Discoveries EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:44 am

Eureka has just got stuck with me. Man I luv taht show ()Science()

Also Adventure Time, Good Eats And MythBusters.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderhalloffame.webs.com/
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Show Discoveries   Favorite TV Show Discoveries EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 2:44 pm

Oh yeah, MLP too. Discord is the best character, Derpy is the best pony and Applejack is the best from the Mane 6.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Show Discoveries   Favorite TV Show Discoveries EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:02 pm

Hmm, I might have to think about this one for a while.

The only one that comes to mind at the moment is the cartoon Half-Naked Animals. The idea behind the cartoon is original and the animation style is great. Plus I love the characters, although it's been a while since I've watched the show and can hardly remember their names (the show's on during the school day). Also, the sense of humor behind it is definitely part of my sense of humor. It's just so wacky.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
GeorgePenn
Taken
GeorgePenn

Current Win Points : 52

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Show Discoveries   Favorite TV Show Discoveries EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Portlandia - It's a really offbeat sketch comedy show featuring Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein playing most of the characters. It takes place in Portland, and most of the sketches are satirical in nature. Really funny and odd.
Back to top Go down
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

Current Win Points : 478

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Show Discoveries   Favorite TV Show Discoveries EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:15 pm

Mantracker - Two random people (The Prey) are given directions on where to go, but they have to avoid "The Mantracker", and his "Sidekick" along the way, which seems an easy enough thing to do, but the prey only have 36 hours to get to their destination which is usually 25-56 kilometers away, the only help they get is a map, compass, and whatever they brought along with them.

Oh and also the prey are on foot and The Mantracker and his sidekick have the added advantage of horses.

Pretty much, you lose if Both of you are captured by the mantracker, or if both of you run out of time before getting to the finish, you win if one or both of you get to the finish in the alotted time.

And if you are wondering what your prize is if you win, you get bragging rights.

(One night while fliping through channel I stumbled upon this wonderful show, and it has been my favorite ever since then.)
Back to top Go down
LordofTears
Untainted
LordofTears

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Show Discoveries   Favorite TV Show Discoveries EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Anybody watch the Black Mirror series on Channel 4? Really awesome dystopian Twilight Zone type storylines but with a modern angle. Some episodes are better than others but overall a really great series. Not sure if you can get it anywhere other than the UK though...
Back to top Go down
goomba771
Watched
goomba771

Current Win Points : 88

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Show Discoveries   Favorite TV Show Discoveries EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:53 pm

House of Anubis. I started watching it during the middle of season 1, and I am still watching it. I found out about it from Marble Hornets, a trailer for an episode was in the related videos, so I watched it, and became instantly hooked. I'll forever be a fan.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/goomba771
Nightflash
Untainted
Nightflash

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Show Discoveries   Favorite TV Show Discoveries EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:30 pm

FOOD CHANNEL!
YES!

Also:
Ridiculousness
Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory
Jackass
House Of Anubis

If I think of anymore, Ill add to my list.

EDIT!!!!

Legend Of Korra
THEY NEED A NEW EPISODE. I AM A SAP FOR THIS STUFF! ;~;

Last edited by Nightflash on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Show Discoveries   Favorite TV Show Discoveries EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:41 pm

The Thick of It is probably the funniest show I have ever watched. But I'm really in to politics, so maybe it's just me. Anyway, it's amazingly satirical and full of profanity, with some of the greatest lines in Television history, none of which I should write here. So I'll spoiler a clip from the show instead. This is probably the best way you could possibly leave a job.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite TV Show Discoveries   Favorite TV Show Discoveries Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite TV Show Discoveries
Page 1 of 1