Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

(Video) WAKE UP

Go down 
+7
TheArmadaBledd
DKaine
NearTheEnd
Riddle
xyzombie
sethlapod555
TailsFoxy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:55 am

Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:41 am

W--

Wh--

Wha--

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 12:21 pm

sethlapod555 wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 2:10 pm

Meanwhile this happened over at EMH Land (UF+Angora people):
(Video) WAKE UP 1nxliq
So they wanna try to contact "GreenFeathers" (and i also have seen someone trying to contact Vin too).
What if this is what HABIT has planned for a long time now? So he gets Vin, Evan and GreenFeathers on the same place ....
Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
Riddle
Watched
Riddle

Current Win Points : 212

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 4:10 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/fuckingoyster
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 5:01 pm

There is a reason EverymanHYBRID is my favorite of the "big three."
This is why. The acting is so top-notch.
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
DKaine
Anxious
DKaine

Current Win Points : 16

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 6:24 pm

NearTheEnd wrote:
There is a reason EverymanHYBRID is my favorite of the "big three."
This is why. The acting is so top-notch.

I've always thought that Evan's acting was a bit over-the-top, but he actually pulls off the schizo-affective personality disorder extraordinarily well.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 6:44 pm

DKaine wrote:

I've always thought that Evan's acting was a bit over-the-top, but he actually pulls off the schizo-affective personality disorder extraordinarily well.
I never think his acting is over-the-top You and I both know that if he did any less, people would complain that it wasn't enough.
Besides, being on stage before, I know that your acting coaches will always say "be over the top." On stage, over-acting is encouraged.
At least, that's what my acting coaches told me. You gotta keep in mind they were kinda weird.
Back to top Go down
DKaine
Anxious
DKaine

Current Win Points : 16

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 7:15 pm

NearTheEnd wrote:
DKaine wrote:

I never think his acting is over-the-top You and I both know that if he did any less, people would complain that it wasn't enough.
Besides, being on stage before, I know that your acting coaches will always say "be over the top." On stage, over-acting is encouraged.
At least, that's what my acting coaches told me. You gotta keep in mind they were kinda weird.

I would imagine it's the difference between different styles of acting. As a disclaimer, I've never been trained in acting, so I may be talking completely out my rectum when I postulate on these things. Typical stage theatre is very exaggerated, very over-the-top just like you describe. If you look at television drama, where there is a lot of content added during post-production in the form of music, sound effects, color manipulation, etc... that style of acting is more than what is required to communicate the emotion of the scene. Obviously Slenderman vlogs have to strike a balance between the two; you can't have a musical soundtrack or scare chords on a 'found footage' style video that is supposed to be unedited. At the same time, you can't be all FORSOOTH HERE YE COME HITHER YON MAIDEN. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 7:58 pm

DKaine wrote:
NearTheEnd wrote:
DKaine wrote:

I would imagine it's the difference between different styles of acting. As a disclaimer, I've never been trained in acting, so I may be talking completely out my rectum when I postulate on these things. Typical stage theatre is very exaggerated, very over-the-top just like you describe. If you look at television drama, where there is a lot of content added during post-production in the form of music, sound effects, color manipulation, etc... that style of acting is more than what is required to communicate the emotion of the scene. Obviously Slenderman vlogs have to strike a balance between the two; you can't have a musical soundtrack or scare chords on a 'found footage' style video that is supposed to be unedited. At the same time, you can't be all FORSOOTH HERE YE COME HITHER YON MAIDEN. Just saying.
I understand. I'm just saying its perhaps a thing of Evan is used to acting on stage.
I also think it has to do with the whole "recording yourself" and POV camera acting is still sort of new to the acting world. No one is really THAT sure how to handle it acting-wise. Sure, you got Blair Witch to look at but....well....that speaks for itself.
Back to top Go down
TheArmadaBledd
Anxious
TheArmadaBledd

Current Win Points : 8

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:05 pm

I think given Evan's pre-HABIT personality, it stayed proper and true to character as

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SeanPony
Untainted
SeanPony

Current Win Points : 3

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:31 pm

I am at a loss for words...
Spoiler:
Let's just hope for more videos soon I guess...
Back to top Go down
TheArmadaBledd
Anxious
TheArmadaBledd

Current Win Points : 8

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:06 pm

Well, the fact is that unless they want a "he died off camera' moment, we'll probably be seeing the "today" video within a day or two. AT least, I hope!
Back to top Go down
SeanPony
Untainted
SeanPony

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:08 pm

I know it makes sense for there to be another video soon but with the huge time gaps between videos I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait a little longer then we hope
Back to top Go down
River Song
Watched
River Song

Current Win Points : 67

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:47 pm

SeanPony wrote:
I know it makes sense for there to be another video soon but with the huge time gaps between videos I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait a little longer then we hope

Possibly, but the Hybrids do have a good track record of saving up a few important videos to be released in short succession.
Back to top Go down
Taken

Current Win Points : 72

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 1:43 am

And we all know the one line that dropped a lot of hearts. I've actually seen people making jokes about it and it's pissing me off.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
River Song
Watched
River Song

Current Win Points : 67

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 1:48 am

And we all know the one line that dropped a lot of hearts. I've actually seen people making jokes about it and it's pissing me off.

Spoiler:

I CRIED so hard at that bit. Just. Omg Evan you poor precious sweetheart.

Also this video brought out some very personal feels for me, beyond the standard "EVAN YOU POOR THING
Back to top Go down
Taken

Current Win Points : 72

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 1:54 am

River Song wrote:
I CRIED so hard at that bit. Just. Omg Evan you poor precious sweetheart.

Also this video brought out some very personal feels for me, beyond the standard "EVAN YOU POOR THING

I was hit in the feels pretty hard too.
Back to top Go down
SeanPony
Untainted
SeanPony

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:40 pm

River Song wrote:
SeanPony wrote:

Possibly, but the Hybrids do have a good track record of saving up a few important videos to be released in short succession.
Yeah I guess so, it's just my cynical side coming through, honestly though, I just want them to get a few videos out in the next two/three months and end the series. I've loved the series all the way through but the suspense of it all is killing me!
Back to top Go down
GeorgePenn
Taken
GeorgePenn

Current Win Points : 52

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Pretty solid entry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

(Video) WAKE UP Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Video) WAKE UP   (Video) WAKE UP Empty

Back to top Go down

(Video) WAKE UP
Page 1 of 1