Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Marble Hornets Movie Announced

Go down 
+17
TheArmadaBledd
Yuuasou
GeorgePenn
Etreo
SalvatoreHaran
awkwardraptor
sethlapod555
Tundra
AlkerStay
NearTheEnd
Riddle
TailsFoxy
jcareyphoto
Misteh
Dr. Squirtle
goomba771
MadameMiz
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
goomba771
Watched
goomba771

Current Win Points : 88

Marble Hornets Movie Announced - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:10 pm

Cokeysion wrote:
A ton of people at my school only know of the game and it is irritating being a fan of Marble Hornets since it came out.
In class a month or so ago I was talking about Tribe Twelve with a buddy who also watches it. I mention Slender Man.
Some kid goes "Hey, are you guys talking about Slender Man?"
I said "Uhm, yeah man!"
He says "I love that game, Slender is the best"
He is still in the hospital.
Spoiler:

I know. that shit seriously pisses me off. But in all reality, did you really expect to find someone else that knows about Marble Hornets? Think about it, they have 274,268 subscribers. They're not just here in America, THEY'RE WORLD WIDE!!! Unfortunently, out from the internet, you'll never find another Marble Hornets fan :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/goomba771
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Cokeysion wrote:
A ton of people at my school only know of the game and it is irritating being a fan of Marble Hornets since it came out.
In class a month or so ago I was talking about Tribe Twelve with a buddy who also watches it. I mention Slender Man.
Some kid goes "Hey, are you guys talking about Slender Man?"
I said "Uhm, yeah man!"
He says "I love that game, Slender is the best"
He is still in the hospital.
Spoiler:

That gave me a good laugh.

I've found that being angry with the Slender fans isn't very helpful, but educating them with a mythos background is better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
SalvatoreHaran
Watched
SalvatoreHaran

Current Win Points : 73

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:32 pm

There is a group of MH fans at my school xD

and I try to educate people but it ends with them saying "Well... PewDiePie is funny and that sounds like a lot of concentration"

I'll show them some concentration...
Spoiler:
too soon after the Hitler post?
Back to top Go down
http://salvatoreharan.tumblr.com/
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

Current Win Points : 119

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:22 pm

Cokeysion wrote:
There is a group of MH fans at my school xD

and I try to educate people but it ends with them saying "Well... PewDiePie is funny and that sounds like a lot of concentration"

I'll show them some concentration...
Spoiler:
too soon after the Hitler post?

Damn it, I was drinking cherry koolaid.
Back to top Go down
MadameMiz
Watched
MadameMiz

Current Win Points : 114

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:24 pm

Troy has updated his blog. This is happening, folks.

I'm cautiously excited for this. There are so many ways this can go wrong, but I have a bit of faith. Honestly, I'm more dreading the "baww Marble Hornets is mainstream now, this is awful!!!" crowd than the new fans. Hell, bring on the new fans! Even if they think the movie is based on Slender, who cares? Educate them. Talk to them, show them the webseries. Maybe this can breathe new life into the fandom. I know that's horribly optimistic, and the fantards will inevitably stink up the place, but that's life.

Even aside from all that, the worst case scenario is that the movie is bad. That would be horribly disappointing, but it's not like it would affect the original series.
Back to top Go down
http://madamemiz.tumblr.com
SalvatoreHaran
Watched
SalvatoreHaran

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:35 pm

I'm on board with the whole "Who cares if it's mainstream or not?" train. I enjoy the series immensely. It's just a lot of people are stubborn or just can't see past things. I hope in advertising this they strongly do something along the lines of "Based on the Web-Series!" or something like that or even have "Watch the series on YouTube!" and people will be stoked for this new film and discover a whole fandom hidden in the interwebs.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:43 pm

Its not about being "mainstream" for me. I mean, as far as ANY slender series goes, it is the most mainstream. I mean, hell... I would be bored in school, would doodle an operator symbol and someone would ask me, "Oh, do you like Marble Hornets, too?" I thought that was so cool!
But for me, its like... I'm betrayed, in a sense? Not personally, but you know what I mean. Think about it, really... They purposely detached themselves from the other creators, the fans (for the most part) just for immersion. Authenticity. Mystery.
And just like that its all gone. Their authenticity is gone, their mystery is gone. And I knew all along that it wasn't real, obviously. Every silly horror story and movie are all fake and everyone knows it. Its just the fac--
You know what? I'm gonna be blunt. They sold out and its disappointing.
I end this post with two words:
MY IMMERSION! D:
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:51 pm

I lost my immersion in Marble Hornets ages ago, but that's not even the point anymore.

I love Marble Hornets. It introduced me to the horror genre, it introduced me to Slender Man, and most of all, it introduced me to all of you. Marble Hornets has inspired me in such an extensive way that it's opened up my mind to a whole new level of creativity that I didn't even know I had.

Even though the immersion is gone, I love watching it step by step, and even re-watching. It doesn't even matter that it doesn't scare me very much at all anymore. I love the mystery, I love the suspense, I love the story, I love the characters, I love everything about it. I've even grown an emotional attachment to the characters.

This situation has made me realize something. It's not about the immersion that no longer exists with us. It's about remembering the thing that brought us here. No movie is going to take that away from us.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:55 pm

sethlapod555 wrote:

This situation has made me realize something. It's not about the immersion that no longer exists with us. It's about remembering the thing that brought us here. No movie is going to take that away from us.
Shut up and stop being right all the time.
God, I hate you.

All joking aside, that's true and you have a good point.
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
TheArmadaBledd
Anxious
TheArmadaBledd

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:44 am

I'm less worried about the potential mainstreaming and more about what the big screen's lawyers can do. As a friend of mine pointed out, Mr. Wagner can make all the assurances he wants but it doesn't even vaguely mean he speaks for Hollywood.

TOTALLY NOT RELATED TO MY FEELINGS ON THE SUBJECT.
Back to top Go down
AlkerStay
Observer
AlkerStay

Current Win Points : 30

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:54 am

wait wait everybody when MH goes mainstream would that make us hipsters because we would of known about it before or are we hipsters now and it going mainstream would make us not hipsters or are we all just people on are computers nerding around.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:22 am

AlkerStay wrote:
wait wait everybody when MH goes mainstream would that make us hipsters because we would of known about it before or are we hipsters now and it going mainstream would make us not hipsters or are we all just people on are computers nerding around.

We're both, I guess. I don't really like calling ourselves hipsters, but by hipster standards, we qualify.
Back to top Go down
AlanAuch
Observer
AlanAuch

Current Win Points : 34

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:54 pm

AlkerStay wrote:
I am and have always been a thighster

Overall I'm not that concerned about the movie for a number of reasons, principally that:

1 - Marble Hornets itself will be over and done with long before the film surfaces, so it won't impact on the series, and

2 - We've been bickering for a dog's age about whether or not Slender Man has stalked the shark and we've stuck around for every twist and turn and mutation all the same; going "mainstream" (assuming the movie makes it to production, doesn't rework Ol' Slim beyond recognition and doesn't tank) will be just another day in the fanbase in that respect
Back to top Go down
SalvatoreHaran
Watched
SalvatoreHaran

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:57 pm

Watch the movie be really freaking good xD
Back to top Go down
GogoGamerFuss
Observer
GogoGamerFuss

Current Win Points : 68

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Cokeysion wrote:
It better have Troy, Joseph, and Tim writing, directing, etc. cause I don't trust anyone else with Marble Hornets.
No man, they are too busy already.

They are into Marble Hornets itself right now(remember?) and they are still in the process of writing Slender: The Arrival too, so that's two projects.

Tim and Joseph are also busy with college, finals are coming up for them, probably stressful to be in so many projects at the same time, writing this film would be too much. And I am not sure about the making of this movie either, I just don't know what to say about it... Mad
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/gogafus/
Chieftain1
Taken
Chieftain1

Current Win Points : 193

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:13 am

I'm bit afraid of a movie based on marble hornets.It could turn out really horrible.I agree with Cokeysion,I can just see how bad this movie could be.I hope after they finish with Slender:The Arrival and college maybe they could help out in this movie hopefully.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLnGZjFH39HUbq_5uecBV-g
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Marble Hornets Movie Announced
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2