Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Ultimate Vlog Idea

Go down 
+4
T-M-S
ShadowTurtleInc
PointlessTest
BlueMarble
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueMarble
Stalked

Current Win Points : 149

Ultimate Vlog Idea Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Vlog Idea   Ultimate Vlog Idea EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 11:43 am

Ok, so a wild thought hit me today. What if a lot of us here made one vlog together. I'm saying, for example, one person is the special effects guy, we have a couple of scriptwriters, actors etc. The point of it is to make one awesome vlog instead of having several least awesome ones. The thing is, the more of us work on it, the better it is. Up to a certain point of course. I know the idea needs to be worked on and perfected (that's the point). What do you think? What are your ideas\suggestions?
Back to top Go down
http://josephwritesrandomstuff.blogspot.com/
PointlessTest
Observer

Current Win Points : 59

Ultimate Vlog Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Vlog Idea   Ultimate Vlog Idea EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Could be interesting to make some kind of community collaborative project, but without anyone "in charge" there is a high risk of it becoming messy and without any direction. Not saying it couldn't be done, but I think someone would have to tie everything together and also have the final say for it to work practically. Of course whether it ends up producing any results or not, does not in any way affect the hours of fun that can be had working on such a project.
Back to top Go down
BlueMarble
Stalked

Ultimate Vlog Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Vlog Idea   Ultimate Vlog Idea EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 12:35 pm

Yeah. I was thinking of not having anyone 'in charge', if we have some sort of problem, we solve it by voting.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

Current Win Points : 306

Ultimate Vlog Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Vlog Idea   Ultimate Vlog Idea EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Yah, I mean this is pretty much like making a movie but for a vlog with having all the different teams and stuff but you have to have a director. 

It's not like I have gotten the best director award from the NorthWest School of FIlm or anything though....
Back to top Go down
T-M-S
Observer
T-M-S

Current Win Points : 63

Ultimate Vlog Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Vlog Idea   Ultimate Vlog Idea EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Okay, I love this idea. It has great potential. But that potential is at the top of a metaphorical mountain of obstacles. If you're gonna do this successfully, you have to climb that mountain.

A vlog like this is going to have a lot of issues related to how many creators are involved in it. Who's in charge? How do we decide on the direction of the plot? How do we make sure everyone is actually getting some involvement?

How do you decide who is going to do what? we're scattered all over the globe here, so we can't all just walk to the woods and do it, we're thousands of miles apart in most cases. Who shoots the videos? How do we decide that? Do they also edit them?

Then there's timescales. With so many of us working on a project, there's bound to be people who have RL issues that stop them from keeping up with the schedule. And then the whole collaborative project gets slowed down.

What direction is this gonna go in? A project like this is gonna take a long time, and if it outlasts the Big Five, then what's it gonna do to keep people interested in the Mythos? Expand it with new ideas/beings? if this project doesn't do anything interesting, it's gonna fade out with the rest of the mythos in a few years.

Just some stuff you should think about.
Back to top Go down
MichaelisHere
Anxious
MichaelisHere

Current Win Points : 71

Ultimate Vlog Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Vlog Idea   Ultimate Vlog Idea EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 2:44 pm

Sound interesting, I loved to be a part of this.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

Ultimate Vlog Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Vlog Idea   Ultimate Vlog Idea EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Hmmm, this idea has potential. I'd love to discuss it further with the people who would like to be involved. I've already got some ideas I'd love to brainstorm.
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
BlueMarble
Stalked

Ultimate Vlog Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Vlog Idea   Ultimate Vlog Idea EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 4:10 pm

Well Doc, you know where to find us. Skype.
Back to top Go down
MichaelisHere
Anxious
MichaelisHere

Current Win Points : 71

Ultimate Vlog Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Vlog Idea   Ultimate Vlog Idea EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Cokespray wrote:
Well Doc, you know where to find us. Skype.
Can I add you on skype?
Back to top Go down
BlueMarble
Stalked

Ultimate Vlog Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Vlog Idea   Ultimate Vlog Idea EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Sure michael
I'm ivanpraljak. Add me and I'll ad you to Slenderverse skype chat and Vlog discussion too
Back to top Go down
timeobserver2013
Taken
timeobserver2013

Current Win Points : 113

Ultimate Vlog Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Vlog Idea   Ultimate Vlog Idea EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 6:50 pm

I did have an idea: I was thinking of donor based footage (ie. S-0002 in ICANSEETHEGIANT). I have a few 45 second nature shots from the White Mountains (NH) and the coast at Pemaquid (Maine). I misplaced my iPod Touch, but when I find it, I'll show it. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
JustinDGBZ
Watched

Current Win Points : 95

Ultimate Vlog Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Vlog Idea   Ultimate Vlog Idea EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 10:59 pm

I think this idea could work. I think what it could be would possibly be an "open-source" story (to give an example would be similar to the 3-words story game we have here but more logical, sorry if that's a bad example) where we have a list of vloggers that are a part of the project, and we put their names in an order so that each vlogger contributes to the vlog by making a video, then the next person, and so on until it restarts. The story is not set and defined, but each vlogger creates their own part of the plot and the next person adds onto it and/or changes it to their own style. Their characters can be in many different locations all over the globe but are somehow connected (which would be decided by whoever is making their video segment, they could decide how their characters know each other) and everyone runs with whatever idea the person before them presents. Anyone new who'd like to be a part of it can have their name added to the list, and when the cycle restarts they'd be the last to add a video before the first person goes again.
Back to top Go down
T-M-S
Observer
T-M-S

Current Win Points : 63

Ultimate Vlog Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Vlog Idea   Ultimate Vlog Idea EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 3:07 am

JustinDGBZ wrote:
I think this idea could work. I think what it could be would possibly be an "open-source" story (to give an example would be similar to the 3-words story game we have here but more logical, sorry if that's a bad example) where we have a list of vloggers that are a part of the project, and we put their names in an order so that each vlogger contributes to the vlog by making a video, then the next person, and so on until it restarts. The story is not set and defined, but each vlogger creates their own part of the plot and the next person adds onto it and/or changes it to their own style. Their characters can be in many different locations all over the globe but are somehow connected (which would be decided by whoever is making their video segment, they could decide how their characters know each other) and everyone runs with whatever idea the person before them presents. Anyone new who'd like to be a part of it can have their name added to the list, and when the cycle restarts they'd be the last to add a video before the first person goes again.
The only problem with the open-source story idea of yours is that the plot will have no direction, and it's gonna just meander around for ages. People would unintentionally mess up one-another's plans for the plot. And making an actual ending? Not gonna be easy.
Back to top Go down
BlueMarble
Stalked

Ultimate Vlog Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Vlog Idea   Ultimate Vlog Idea EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 4:02 am

I don't think we should talk about this here too much. I think we should make a separate forum for this.
EDIT: Forum made. PM me for link or check Skype vlog conversation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ultimate Vlog Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Vlog Idea   Ultimate Vlog Idea Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Vlog Idea
Page 1 of 1