Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Me whining.

Go down 
+9
Machine Gun Cynic
eudaemon
Jane And Jeff
The Doctor
TailsFoxy
JustinDGBZ
Chieftain1
BlueMarble
Etreo
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 8:29 am

I'm not gonna name names or bitch directly at anyone here, because that's really annoying and just leads to feelings and butthurt and it's all very cringeworthy. So I'll just state my issue, for your own individual interpretations.

The semi-in character bullshit has got to end. There's more than one person responsible, and they know who they are. It is unbelievably irritating to have to tiptoe around everything somebody says because they have to have cryptic messages at the end of their posts, just in case something is actually happening. It isn't. And if it is, dragging SN into it and pandering to your issues by pretending to be a runner, or whatever we're calling Slendy's escaped victims nowadays, is the worst thing you could do. For yourself, and the SN community.

The Slenderman does not exist. He is not possessing you and making you write rip-off TTA crap in your posts. And if, and it is a infinitesimally microscopic if, there is some kind of thing going on in your head that manifests itself in edgy forum messages, not only are you the most fortunate victim of multi-personality disorder ever, then you need to see a mental health professional to make sure it's not having too much of an impact on your life. Because quite frankly, it's already impacting the forum too much.

*steps off the soapbox and walks away*
Back to top Go down
BlueMarble
Stalked

Current Win Points : 149

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 9:32 am

I've been inactive for quite a while, huh?
Back to top Go down
http://josephwritesrandomstuff.blogspot.com/
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:42 am

Any time away is too long. Welcome back.
Back to top Go down
Chieftain1
Taken
Chieftain1

Current Win Points : 193

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:24 pm

Etreo wrote:
I'm not gonna name names or bitch directly at anyone here, because that's really annoying and just leads to feelings and butthurt and it's all very cringeworthy. So I'll just state my issue, for your own individual interpretations.

The semi-in character bullshit has got to end. There's more than one person responsible, and they know who they are. It is unbelievably irritating to have to tiptoe around everything somebody says because they have to have cryptic messages at the end of their posts, just in case something is actually happening. It isn't. And if it is, dragging SN into it and pandering to your issues by pretending to be a runner, or whatever we're calling Slendy's escaped victims nowadays, is the worst thing you could do. For yourself, and the SN community.

The Slenderman does not exist. He is not possessing you and making you write rip-off TTA crap in your posts. And if, and it is a infinitesimally microscopic if, there is some kind of thing going on in your head that manifests itself in edgy forum messages, not only are you the most fortunate victim of multi-personality disorder ever, then you need to see a mental health professional to make sure it's not having too much of an impact on your life. Because quite frankly, it's already impacting the forum too much.

Me whining. Citizen_cane
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLnGZjFH39HUbq_5uecBV-g
JustinDGBZ
Watched

Current Win Points : 95

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 7:11 pm

I'm really curious as to knowing more of this... I was inactive for a few days myself and this confuses me.
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:30 pm

Etreo wrote:

Sorry, but for me it´s really bad that you automaticly assume that the people are crazy as hell.
 And directly attacking and generalizing people "who think he is real" (most of them are propably just RPler that like to stay IG) as crazy and having a personality disorder (without talking to them per PM and look behind that wall) is really rude and not appropirate, especially for a mod.
You should rather give them a personally PM with the note that they should not post IG here instead of generalizing them and declaring everyone of them them being totally crazy and "the most fortunate victim of multi-personality disorder ever, that need to see a mental health professional to make sure it's not having too much of an impact on their life.".

Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:48 pm

TailsFoxy wrote:
Etreo wrote:

Sorry, but for me it´s really bad that you automaticly assume that the people are crazy as hell.
 And directly attacking and generalizing people "who think he is real" (most of them are propably just RPler that like to stay IG) as crazy and having a personality disorder (without talking to them per PM and look behind that wall) is really rude and not appropirate, especially for a mod.
You should rather give them a personally PM with the note that they should not post IG here instead of generalizing them and declaring everyone of them them being totally crazy and "the most fortunate victim of multi-personality disorder ever, that need to see a mental health professional to make sure it's not having too much of an impact on their life.".

I wouldn't say that he assumes every one of them is crazy as hell. I agree with him so far as that this In Game posting needs to stay in the RP section of the forum, not all over the place. It's specifically in the rules that this is a FAN SITE, not a site where people come to post In Game about Slenderman. If you want that, go to unfiction, because I won't have it here. 

If you want to post in game (whichever game that may be) head on over to the RP section of the forum and post there to your hearts content. If, however, you continue to post cryptic messages and random sentences that are supposed to be creepy and weird, then you'll be talking to one of my mods or me personally, depending on if I feel like dusting off my banhammer. 

'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
Jane And Jeff
Taken
Jane And Jeff

Current Win Points : 115

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Sorry but I have been inactive as well...EXPLAIN ZIS SHAT?
Back to top Go down
http://mail.google.com/xjaneandjeff@gmail.com
eudaemon
Untainted

Current Win Points : 8

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 12:16 pm

I'll jump in here too. Been away working on stuff but I thought the whole 'Don't post as in game characters' thing was close to rule #1. Just getting back into the swing of things.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 2:32 pm

Welcome back all, should probably try and explain myself a bit.

Tails, I don't think that they're crazy as hell. I was trying to make the point that they're not, and acting it is what irritates me. Because some people aren't 100% mentally healthy, and pretending to be so you can get a reputation as the black sheep of the forum (or some equivalent using a better analogy) is incredibly irritating.

Also, this isn't in response to any particular stimulus. It's something that's been bugging me for ages and I've never said.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Etreo wrote:
Welcome back all, should probably try and explain myself a bit.

Tails, I don't think that they're crazy as hell. I was trying to make the point that they're not, and acting it is what irritates me. Because some people aren't 100% mentally healthy, and pretending to be so you can get a reputation as the black sheep of the forum (or some equivalent using a better analogy) is incredibly irritating.

Also, this isn't in response to any particular stimulus. It's something that's been bugging me for ages and I've never said.
Yeah, I'm with you 100% on this one, bro.
Back to top Go down
Machine Gun Cynic
Taken
Machine Gun Cynic

Current Win Points : 25

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 4:29 pm

I can understand why you wouldn't like people to post in-character or make cryptic sentences. But there is no need to bring up their mental health, or accuse them of being crazy. I think it's very disrespectful and very rude to people with mental health issues to use their conditions as pejoratives.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 5:56 pm

Machine Gun Cynic wrote:
I can understand why you wouldn't like people to post in-character or make cryptic sentences. But there is no need to bring up their mental health, or accuse them of being crazy. I think it's very disrespectful and very rude to people with mental health issues to use their conditions as pejoratives.
Once again, he wasn't bringing up that they have mental issues. Quite the opposite, he was saying that they DIDN'T. Also, that them trying to feign a mental disorder or issue in order to garner a reputation or status on this site is not only distasteful, but THAT is what's disrespectful and rude to people with mental health issues.
Back to top Go down
Misteh
Admin
Misteh

Current Win Points : 10

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:58 pm

The Doctor wrote:
Once again, he wasn't bringing up that they have mental issues. Quite the opposite, he was saying that they DIDN'T. Also, that them trying to feign a mental disorder or issue in order to garner a reputation or status on this site is not only distasteful, but THAT is what's disrespectful and rude to people with mental health issues.
Me whining. Tumblr_inline_mpgvqvZcnd1qz4rgp
Back to top Go down
Jane And Jeff
Taken
Jane And Jeff

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Misteh wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
Me whining. Tumblr_inline_mpgvqvZcnd1qz4rgp
My thoughts exactly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Machine Gun Cynic
Taken
Machine Gun Cynic

Current Win Points : 25

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 7:25 am

I definitely get what you mean now. I see that, you know, people pretending to be something they not is very rude and annoying, especially when this includes something like being mentally ill. But when you first said it, it really wasn't clear, I misunderstood.
Back to top Go down
Todesfurcht
Observer
Todesfurcht

Current Win Points : 69

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:24 am

This is one of my biggest pet peeves, the rules aren't even that big. Is it really that difficult for a person to read it and understand?
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:30 am

Todesfurcht wrote:
This is one of my biggest pet peeves, the rules aren't even that big. Is it really that difficult for a person to read it and understand?
THANK YOU
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 5:04 pm

Todesfurcht wrote:
Me whining. Obamacry_slow

You sir, have just won SlenderNation. Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
Chieftain1
Taken
Chieftain1

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 5:22 pm

Todesfurcht wrote:
This.
Back to top Go down
Jane And Jeff
Taken
Jane And Jeff

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 7:09 pm

Todesfurcht wrote:
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 3:45 am

Todesfurcht wrote:
It actually CAN be hard, especially for the ones whos native language is not english.
And there is also a big difference between understanding and accepting the rules.
So i must say that your sentence is rather ignorant and mean and i don´t really understand why everyone is saying this would be a good thing to say. o.O
Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
Todesfurcht
Observer
Todesfurcht

Current Win Points : 69

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 5:51 am

TailsFoxy wrote:
Todesfurcht wrote:
It actually CAN be hard, especially for the ones whos native language is not english.
And there is also a big difference between understanding and accepting the rules.
So i must say that your sentence is rather ignorant and mean and i don´t really understand why everyone is saying this would be a good thing to say. o.O
Well good.

Ignorant is my middle name.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:15 am

TailsFoxy wrote:
Todesfurcht wrote:
It's a good thing to say because this is the issue we've been having since the forum started. I can understand what you mean by saying that it can be hard if English is not your first language, that's acceptable. 

However, there is no excuse for not accepting the rules. You either do or you don't. If you don't, then you are breaking them and will be notified if you do so. If you keep breaking them, regardless of being informed, then further action will be taken. I'm sorry, but I still think what Todesfurcht said is golden. It's what needed to be said, and it's what a lot of us are thinking. If anyone has a question about the rules, they are more than welcome to message me or any of my staff with their questions. If they do not accept and follow the rules, then they will be hearing from one of us. Period. 

Tode, keep up what you're doing. Cool
Back to top Go down
Chieftain1
Taken
Chieftain1

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 11:32 am

The Doctor wrote:
TailsFoxy wrote:
Todesfurcht wrote:
It's a good thing to say because this is the issue we've been having since the forum started. I can understand what you mean by saying that it can be hard if English is not your first language, that's acceptable. 

However, there is no excuse for not accepting the rules. You either do or you don't. If you don't, then you are breaking them and will be notified if you do so. If you keep breaking them, regardless of being informed, then further action will be taken. I'm sorry, but I still think what Todesfurcht said is golden. It's what needed to be said, and it's what a lot of us are thinking. If anyone has a question about the rules, they are more than welcome to message me or any of my staff with their questions. If they do not accept and follow the rules, then they will be hearing from one of us. Period. 

Tode, keep up what you're doing. Cool
Sorry for posting the same gif but...
Me whining. 36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJkI
This is exactly what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Me whining. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. Empty

Back to top Go down

Me whining.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next