Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Me whining.

Go down 
+9
Machine Gun Cynic
eudaemon
Jane And Jeff
The Doctor
TailsFoxy
JustinDGBZ
Chieftain1
BlueMarble
Etreo
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

Me whining. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 11:41 am

The Doctor wrote:
TailsFoxy wrote:
Todesfurcht wrote:
This is one of my biggest pet peeves, the rules aren't even that big. Is it really that difficult for a person to read it and understand?
It actually CAN be hard, especially for the ones whos native language is not english.
And there is also a big difference between understanding and accepting the rules.
So i must say that your sentence is rather ignorant and mean and i don´t really understand why everyone is saying this would be a good thing to say. o.O
It's a good thing to say because this is the issue we've been having since the forum started. I can understand what you mean by saying that it can be hard if English is not your first language, that's acceptable. 

However, there is no excuse for not accepting the rules. You either do or you don't. If you don't, then you are breaking them and will be notified if you do so. If you keep breaking them, regardless of being informed, then further action will be taken. I'm sorry, but I still think what Todesfurcht said is golden. It's what needed to be said, and it's what a lot of us are thinking. If anyone has a question about the rules, they are more than welcome to message me or any of my staff with their questions. If they do not accept and follow the rules, then they will be hearing from one of us. Period. 

Tode, keep up what you're doing. Cool
I don´t have a problem with what he said, but with the way he said it. It just sounded very ignorant and offending towards the people who don´t have english as the first language (especially if they are still teens). And i want to clarify that i understand and accept the rules.
Of course the people have to accept the rules, it´s logical and the only way of surviving here and in the real world. But everyone can still have a personal view on them (that means you can like it or not for various reasons) and discussing about them to improve them. The only exceptons from accepting the rules are when they discriminate, attack or surpress the people(no the rules on here don´t do that, don´t worry^^).
And i have no problem with the mods or admins taking actions when people continously and purposely keep breaking the rules desprite being informed about it.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 1:16 pm

I am more than willing to hear anyone's views and opinions on how we could improve the rules of the forum. I encourage any and all who have legitimate issues or ideas with the rules to come to me directly, that way we can discuss them and come to an understanding. My skype username is thexdoctor91, if you do wish to talk to me outside of the forum. Or PM me directly, either or.
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
Todesfurcht
Observer
Todesfurcht

Current Win Points : 69

PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 6:46 pm

The Doctor wrote:
Me whining. - Page 2 <a href=Me whining. - Page 2 12396610
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 4:45 am

Todesfurcht wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
Me whining. - Page 2 <a href=Me whining. - Page 2 12396610
*knocks you out of the skies* not so fast little penguin ;D
Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
Phobos
Untainted
Phobos

Current Win Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:28 pm

I feel like you should just have a big red banner put up that says "NO IN-GAME POSTING" since people skip over the rules, Doc.
Back to top Go down
http://shadowsseeall.blogspot.com
lolitics
Anxious
lolitics

Current Win Points : 16

PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:53 pm

Well, that would sort of negate the need for a rules page, wouldn't it? People would probably complain "Put this in the rules, blah, blah, you're cluttering up the site".
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 10:04 pm

While I agree in principle, I must ask you to not necro a thread that has been dormant for so long. I'm going to lock this one.
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Me whining.   Me whining. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Me whining.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic Discussion :: Flamewars-
Jump to: