Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

How do you fund your projects?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tentacleTherapist
Untainted
tentacleTherapist

Current Win Points : 0

How do you fund your projects? Empty
PostSubject: How do you fund your projects?   How do you fund your projects? EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 1:04 pm

I see that a lot of people on the forum have their own projects and thats something I've always wondered like how does anyone raise money while still keeping up a forth wall? Do you just work your little selves to the bone with a bunch of jobs? Like I've seen a few kickstarters but at the cost of immersion?
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: How do you fund your projects?   How do you fund your projects? EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 1:50 pm

I think a lot of series like tribetwelve and darkharvest pretty much just do it with the money they get from their jobs. Marble Hornets probably used a lot of the money it made from the dvds.
Back to top Go down
http://mrsaturnjr.com/
SalvatoreHaran
Watched
SalvatoreHaran

Current Win Points : 73

PostSubject: Re: How do you fund your projects?   How do you fund your projects? EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 9:49 pm

In my humble and outspoken matter on the subject of immersion, the verses idea of it is silly.
Not everything has to try to "be real" 
We all know it's fake, but you can still keep up a good enough story that people will get immersed in. Hell, I have talked to Jeff from EMH but I am still immersed in that.

The point really is, you can do anything to get money.
Make a Patreon, start an Indiegogo or a Kickstarter, sell merchandise, make a donate button, etc.
The only thing that will harm your immersion is bad writing, acting, film making, and execution.

So do what you have to, and get the budget you need to make a kick ass series.
Back to top Go down
http://salvatoreharan.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you fund your projects?   How do you fund your projects? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you fund your projects?
Page 1 of 1