Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Official Minecraft

Go down 
+45
Ladnek
Cronos
GLaDOS
Aeri Tyaelaria
Malus
Mr. Foster
HandofBlood
Lotus
Sudoku
Konaa
Creepturtle
Hosozukuri
Doctress Who
Omega
Death
Erratic
Media131
The Hellequin
Cyber
BanishedZaber
Daniel
The Doctor
Tristan Valdone
PabloR
Wrathling
Empty
Dr Shlub
Pariah
Hallow Sleeper
Voidmaster
SliceandDice
Shayde
Zander
RocktheworldXD
Lux
Chestevieve
Trygon
Disappeared Sock
TheVman22
QhaoticZombie
Mr. Jeebles
Vivi
Nedark
Moriarty
Pryex
49 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Pryex
Observer
Pryex

Current Win Points : 25

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Ok, so Minecraft for those uneducated few, is pretty cool Indy game created by a guy named Notdch. You go around collecting resources, building and killing things. Despite sounding painfully simpel it is pretty fun. It's currently in beta, meaning it costs a little more. You can find it here:

Minecraft Link! Clicky Clicky.

Last edited by Vivi on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed Pyrex's Link.)
Back to top Go down
Moriarty
Stalked
Moriarty

Current Win Points : 327

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:46 pm

Minecraft is indeed a fantastic game. But Pyrex, you might want to fix that link- the second [/url] has seemingly merged with it and screwed it up.
Back to top Go down
Nedark
Stalked
Nedark

Current Win Points : 188

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:06 pm

Minecraft is a pretty cool guy. He punches trees and doesn't afraid of anything.

Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

Current Win Points : 488

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:15 pm

I ever so graciously took it upon myself to fix the link for you guys.

Anywho: I understand that graphics aren't everything in a game, okay. But I'm under the impression that this is also a sandbox type game with no story or plotline. Can someone please explain to me why on earth anybody would pay for an 8bit sandbox when you can play a game like, say... Second Life with more customization AND graphics for FREE?

I'm not ragging on minecraft: I'm sure its fun, I'm just saying that there are more fun things that are also prettier for free.
Back to top Go down
http://masquevivi.deviantart.com/
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:45 pm

I tried the game, didn't like it. Then again I'm not much of a gamer.
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Moriarty
Stalked
Moriarty

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:52 pm

Vivi wrote:

Anywho: I understand that graphics aren't everything in a game, okay. But I'm under the impression that this is also a sandbox type game with no story or plotline. Can someone please explain to me why on earth anybody would pay for an 8bit sandbox when you can play a game like, say... Second Life with more customization AND graphics for FREE?

I'm not ragging on minecraft: I'm sure its fun, I'm just saying that there are more fun things that are also prettier for free.

OMGVIVIDUNBEHATINONMINECRAFTK!!!1one!

No seriously: I think it's because, deep down, we all crave that good ole' fashioned 8bit goodness that's so rare these days. It fulfils a lot of those retro urges that I have, and when the game play is as addicting as it is such graphics really don't matter to me.
I doubt that cleared anything up, but there we go...

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go weep over my gameboy.
Back to top Go down
Nedark
Stalked
Nedark

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:56 pm

Vivi wrote:

Well, the graphics and block textures was something he did on purpose, for the "retro" feel of the game.

However, it is more than a building sandbox that gives you infinite resources. You have to actually gather your resources, turn them into whatever block or item you want. Not only that, but you get to fight monsters (creepersohgod) and make cool shit, including TNT cannons (which I love). Here are some links of cool shit people are making, some in survival and some in free-build.

Minas Tirith (Creative/Classic)
A full scale replica of the Enterprise D (still in progress as far as I know, Creative/Classic)
A working computer (still in progress, Creative/Classic)
Back to top Go down
Moriarty
Stalked
Moriarty

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 5:00 pm

*Puts on creeper mask*

Hey Nedark, that's a nice EVERYTHING you have there...
Be a pity if something happened to it...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/5154087888_beec8bc94b.jpg

Because I can.
Back to top Go down
Nedark
Stalked
Nedark

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Moriarty wrote:
*Puts on creeper mask*

Hey Nedark, that's a nice EVERYTHING you have there...
Be a pity if something happened to it...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/5154087888_beec8bc94b.jpg

Because I can.

OHGODOHGODOHGODFUCKYOUDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOU!!!!!!

*hits Max with his sword until he stops moving*
Back to top Go down
Pryex
Observer
Pryex

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 5:16 pm

*Pryex sneaks up behind Nedark and explodes, destroying his very nice everything*
Back to top Go down
QhaoticZombie
Watched

Current Win Points : 152

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 12:06 am

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

I WANNA PLAY THIS GAME SO BAD.
Especially after hearing Yatzee's review and that one "Spiders!" video.

But I has no money, and my computer's being very derpy when it comes to games. Aaaaahhhrg.
Back to top Go down
https://arklee.carrd.co
TheVman22
Untainted

Current Win Points : -7

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:31 pm

Herobrine, look him up on youtube, you may not want to play minecraft ever again.
Back to top Go down
Disappeared Sock
Untainted
Disappeared Sock

Current Win Points : 1

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 8:13 pm

Hee, I actually just got Minecraft a week ago. Personally, I find it to be a pretty fun game.

It's nothing big or epic or life-changing, but it's simplicity is what makes it entertaining.

To me at least.
*Shrug*
Back to top Go down
http://Missingsock.deviantart.com
QhaoticZombie
Watched

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:44 pm

TheVman22 wrote:
Herobrine, look him up on youtube, you may not want to play minecraft ever again.

If anything, that makes me want to play the game more.
Back to top Go down
Trygon
Anxious
Trygon

Current Win Points : 40

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:34 am

I like Minecraft.

Official Minecraft 666

Bitches be hatin' on my 64bit goodness.

Check my shit out at:
http://www.astronomican.com/showthread.php?21006-Trygon-in-The-Nether
http://www.astronomican.com/showthread.php?21009-Minecraft-Thread&p=349145#post349145

I would post my stuff here, but I despise the image posting software on Forumotion with the fire of a thousand suns.
Back to top Go down
http://www.astronomican.com/member.php?374-Trygon
Pryex
Observer
Pryex

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:46 pm

I APPROVE OF THE KILELRS SHIRT, AND SO NOW I HAVE AN IDEA FOR A SKIN!
Back to top Go down
Chestevieve
Untainted

Current Win Points : 8

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:55 pm

I love Minecraft. Except when Creepers destroy my very nice everything. Minecraft is telling me I should not be a builder otherwise insane green things will blow it (and me) up. :/

--Chess
Back to top Go down
http://vieveandchester.tumblr.com
Lux
Anxious
Lux

Current Win Points : 9

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:56 pm

I've been thinking, would people watch an LP that's kind of like some of the slendy stuff? Like, one of my friends can get a server up, me and him can do a multiplayer LP, it would seem all fine and normal, until we start seeing Herobrine stuff, then another one of my friends would change his skin to Herobrine, etc...

We'd need to get some server mods (like removing the name above people's heads and whatnot), but if we can do that much it could be pretty neat.
Back to top Go down
RocktheworldXD
Untainted
RocktheworldXD

Current Win Points : 8

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:17 pm

I got Minecraft a couple weeks ago. I gotta say, its freaking awesome. My only complaint is that it can get boring sometimes, and when that happens I normally switch to Bioshock or Half Life for a while. My dream is to make this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYOQPYTM5cE
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 12:03 am

We should all play on a server sometime? D:
Back to top Go down
QhaoticZombie
Watched

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 1:04 am

I made an awesome underground lair in the free version.

Then I accidentally flooded it.

Every other lair I've tried to make always gets flooded with LAVA.

:I
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 1:20 am

QhaoticZombie wrote:
I made an awesome underground lair in the free version.

Then I accidentally flooded it.

Every other lair I've tried to make always gets flooded with LAVA.

:I
Clearly, you need a bucket with water.
Back to top Go down
Shayde
Watched

Current Win Points : 133

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 1:33 am

I got addicted to Minecraft over my Summer holidays. And I did some sub-par videos of what I had built in it!
Video #1Video #2Video #3

(And I'd recommend turning off the sound. My voice sounds horrible. Just thought I'd warn people.)
Back to top Go down
QhaoticZombie
Watched

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:46 pm

THREAD REVIVAL.

I finally have the full version of Mine craft.
I've already made a two story house on top of a mountain which I have dubbed "MT. CORONET."

I also made a Dusknoir skin for my character, because I'm lame like that.
Official Minecraft MCdusknoir
Back to top Go down
SliceandDice
Anxious
SliceandDice

Current Win Points : 18

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:55 pm

I've currently downloaded a advewnture map called "Broville" and am Working on Blowing the whole thing up. On Hard, and I'm not allowed to use torches, Sword and Dynamite only.

So whenever I explode a building...the Mobs (aka the Cops) Come quickly and I have to duck into a sidestreet and hide out somewhere till morning.

Also DOGS WHO HAS ONE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Official Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Minecraft   Official Minecraft Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Minecraft
Page 1 of 22Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next