Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

SILENT HILLS CANCELLED

Go down 
+3
Todesfurcht
Chieftain1
timeobserver2013
7 posters
AuthorMessage
timeobserver2013
Taken
timeobserver2013

Current Win Points : 113

SILENT HILLS CANCELLED Empty
PostSubject: SILENT HILLS CANCELLED   SILENT HILLS CANCELLED EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 8:34 pm

Guillermo del Toro: "It's not gonna happen and that breaks my greasy heart." -Guillermo del Toro on #SilentHills. #sfff #sffs #sffilmfest #fb

Norman Reedus: Super bummed about this was really looking forward to it. Hopefully it'll come back around. Sorry everyone.

http://www.pcgamer.com/silent-hills-reportedly-canned-amid-rumoured-kojima-exit/

http://www.pcgamer.com/silent-hills-reportedly-canned-amid-rumoured-kojima-exit/

"In my restless dreams,
I see that town.

Silent Hill.

You promised me you'd take me
there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now...
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you...

Waiting for you to
come to see me.

But you never do."

-Mary Shepherd Sunderland
Silent Hill 2 (2001)
Back to top Go down
Chieftain1
Taken
Chieftain1

Current Win Points : 193

PostSubject: Re: SILENT HILLS CANCELLED   SILENT HILLS CANCELLED EmptyMon May 04, 2015 2:10 pm

Oh fuck. I had high hopes for this.
Me while I first heard the news of cancellation. 
SILENT HILLS CANCELLED Post-13719-Don-t-go-where-I-can-t-follow-MIeX
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLnGZjFH39HUbq_5uecBV-g
timeobserver2013
Taken
timeobserver2013

PostSubject: Re: SILENT HILLS CANCELLED   SILENT HILLS CANCELLED EmptyMon May 04, 2015 4:57 pm

On the other hand, a petition has come calling for the continuation of Silent Hills. It's growing and it received over 90,000 signatures so far!

https://www.change.org/p/kojima-productions-continue-working-on-silent-hills

Even better, IGN reported on it, Norman Reedus himself tweeted it.

https://twitter.com/wwwbigbaldhead/status/594218354975612929
Back to top Go down
Todesfurcht
Observer
Todesfurcht

Current Win Points : 69

PostSubject: Re: SILENT HILLS CANCELLED   SILENT HILLS CANCELLED EmptyThu May 07, 2015 4:47 pm

Single tear.
Back to top Go down
Davros
Observer
Davros

Current Win Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: SILENT HILLS CANCELLED   SILENT HILLS CANCELLED EmptyFri May 22, 2015 9:30 pm

As someone who has yet to play Silent Hill, I gotta ask...what's it about? And as a fan of really creepy stuff mixed with good gameplay and a great story...is it worth it?
Back to top Go down
JxMstr
Untainted
JxMstr

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: SILENT HILLS CANCELLED   SILENT HILLS CANCELLED EmptyMon May 25, 2015 3:04 pm

Davros wrote:
As someone who has yet to play Silent Hill, I gotta ask...what's it about? And as a fan of really creepy stuff mixed with good gameplay and a great story...is it worth it?
I quite enjoyed the first few Silent Hill games. They haven't aged great, but it would be a shame to miss out on them completely. 

The story is about a man looking for his missing daughter in a town shrouded in fog/ash, caused by the actions of a demon known as Alessa, all while trying to survive attacks from severely deformed monsters. The gameplay and occasional fixed camera angles can be a little aggravating at times, but overall I don't think that you'll regret playing them. I wish I could tell you more, but that would take half of the fun out of it!
Back to top Go down
timeobserver2013
Taken
timeobserver2013

PostSubject: Re: SILENT HILLS CANCELLED   SILENT HILLS CANCELLED EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 12:05 am

There are few storylines for Silent Hill:

There's the Order arc, which consists of Origins, 1, and 3, which is about the town cult and the Mason family.

Silent Hill 2 is about a guy who is looking for his dead wife in the town which takes on a more psychological aspect which derives from the original storyline, but affects more people.

Silent Hill 4: The Room, shows the expansion of Silent Hill's realm into neighboring cities around Maine thanks to a serial killer.
Back to top Go down
Chieftain1
Taken
Chieftain1

Current Win Points : 193

PostSubject: Re: SILENT HILLS CANCELLED   SILENT HILLS CANCELLED EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 5:05 pm

timeobserver2013 wrote:
Silent Hill 4: The Room, shows the expansion of Silent Hill's realm into neighboring cities around Maine thanks to a serial killer.
It also acts as a sequel to Tommy Wiseau's The Room!
SILENT HILLS CANCELLED Silent_hill_4__the_room__by_coleslayer
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLnGZjFH39HUbq_5uecBV-g
Machine Gun Cynic
Taken
Machine Gun Cynic

Current Win Points : 25

PostSubject: Re: SILENT HILLS CANCELLED   SILENT HILLS CANCELLED EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 6:49 pm

So why exactly did it get cancelled?

It's a strange thing, really, so many big names were involved, I was excited and rather disappointed it was cancelled, but also rather surprised.

I mean, quite a few quite interesting looking games have been cancelled but then revamped, with mixed results.
Back to top Go down
Ventrigal
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: SILENT HILLS CANCELLED   SILENT HILLS CANCELLED EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 1:43 am

It's a darn shame. I was hopeful about this game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SILENT HILLS CANCELLED   SILENT HILLS CANCELLED Empty

Back to top Go down

SILENT HILLS CANCELLED
Page 1 of 1