Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Slender Blog as an anime.

Go down 
+6
Seann
OpenField
CuteWithoutThe
Xilaya
TheHiveMinded
kingxana0
10 posters
AuthorMessage
kingxana0
Observer
kingxana0

Current Win Points : 27

Slender Blog as an anime. Empty
PostSubject: Slender Blog as an anime.   Slender Blog as an anime. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:08 pm

If you could pick any slender blog to become an anime which one could you pick and what would be the opening/closing songs?
Back to top Go down
TheHiveMinded
Untainted
TheHiveMinded

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Slender Blog as an anime.   Slender Blog as an anime. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:24 pm

kingxana0 wrote:
If you could pick any slender blog to become an anime which one could you pick and what would be the opening/closing songs?

TribeTwelve, probably.

Opening Credits:

/watch?v=6vhxvARyuIQ

Closing credits:

/watch?v=JRosXYKProE
Back to top Go down
Xilaya
Untainted
Xilaya

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: Slender Blog as an anime.   Slender Blog as an anime. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 5:29 pm

I'd go for Caughtnotsleeping although EverymanHybrid could work quite well but I have no idea about credits XD
Back to top Go down
CuteWithoutThe
Watched
CuteWithoutThe

Current Win Points : 77

PostSubject: Re: Slender Blog as an anime.   Slender Blog as an anime. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:25 pm

Guys

slenderblog =/= slendervlog

Anyways, most slenderblogs could be turned into an anime, since many of them are anime like already, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
kingxana0
Observer
kingxana0

PostSubject: Re: Slender Blog as an anime.   Slender Blog as an anime. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:56 pm

CuteWithoutThe wrote:
Guys

Anyways, most slenderblogs could be turned into an anime, since many of them are anime like already, unfortunately.

What is wrong with them being like anime??
Back to top Go down
CuteWithoutThe
Watched
CuteWithoutThe

Current Win Points : 77

PostSubject: Re: Slender Blog as an anime.   Slender Blog as an anime. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:15 pm

What's wrong with having a personal preference?

And also, having some of them anime-like is fine, but a whole bunch of them... no. If I want to watch anime, I'll watch anime. I want to read a slenderblog, so I expect eldritch shit and nonsense.
Back to top Go down
OpenField
Untainted
OpenField

Current Win Points : -8

PostSubject: Re: Slender Blog as an anime.   Slender Blog as an anime. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:28 pm

CuteWithoutThe wrote:
Guys

kingxana0 wrote:
CuteWithoutThe wrote:
Guys

What is wrong with them being like anime??

Slender Blog as an anime. 91a28739c81e890a6be58c233e389f6c
I think we should establish that no one means to insult anything in this thread before it becomes a flame thread.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/subtireom
Seann
Anxious
Seann

Current Win Points : 31

PostSubject: Re: Slender Blog as an anime.   Slender Blog as an anime. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:53 pm

I think that Cute is referring to Shonen Action Anime, in the vein of, say, Bleach, but doesn't know the specific term for it.

That's a fairly common issue, given how Shonen Action series tend to be the most well in the Western world.
Back to top Go down
kingxana0
Observer
kingxana0

PostSubject: Re: Slender Blog as an anime.   Slender Blog as an anime. EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:22 am

/Seann Good point. It is a common mistake.

And I really didn't mean to attack anyone, I didn't think I did but sorry if it came off that way
Back to top Go down
littleWhiteRABBIT
Untainted
littleWhiteRABBIT

Current Win Points : 15

PostSubject: Re: Slender Blog as an anime.   Slender Blog as an anime. EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 9:49 am

I think the better option would be, instead of picking one blog to try and make into an anime series, just take all of them and make it into an all-encompassing anime series. And, okay, not "all of them" all of them but like... all the "good ones" or whatever. Your earlier entries mostly.

Something with no deeply connected plot; or rather only as connected as the audience chooses to make it. A victim of the day (as opposed to 'monster of the day') horror saga. With each blog story accounting for one episode each, with maybe a few two parters depending upon length or sequel blogs.

Set the stage for what the series and main antagonist is about in your first 3-4 episodes with stuff like Just Another Fool and Dreams in Darkness... maybe a Seeking Truth 2-parter. Then once the tone is set, start bringing in the blogs where the stalked already know a little about what's going on. Your The Tutorial's and the like. Steadily escalate until you're dealing with the likes of Maduin and Zero, trying to fight it. Have a couple throwback episodes near the end for Last Refuge of a Dangerous Man and The Mystic.

Not sure how to wrap up the series though. I'd say no killing Slendy in the end, obviously. But I'm not sure whether to suggest a complete downer ending(since most of the series would have been [mostly] complete downer endings by that point) or to make a slightly more hopeful and happy, but still relatively depressing ending. I might recommend Operation Wintergreen if you wanted to close on a high note rather than a low one.

aaaand that's about the best I've got...
Back to top Go down
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

Current Win Points : 143

PostSubject: Re: Slender Blog as an anime.   Slender Blog as an anime. EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:57 am

I actually did come across a video before of a Slender Man anime opening, I thought it was done pretty well, I enjoyed it (Your Mileage May Vary of course)

This reminded me of it so thought I'd link it.

Going on what LittleWhiteRABBIT said, as I think that's an interesting way to go about it. It gives me another alternative view on that.

Maybe it could be done like Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni.

Every episode is seemingly not connected, seemingly a whole new plot but with some cryptic hints in the background to some kind of connection, some kind of continuity.

Than many episodes later, BAM. it's revealed Slendy's got some kind of time loop Labyrinth going on like he's known for in the blogs.

Also that seemingly not connected and then suddenly connected plot would make a good parallel with the whole "Dimensional Bleeding"/"oh god EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED" status of the blogverse at times.
Back to top Go down
kingxana0
Observer
kingxana0

PostSubject: Re: Slender Blog as an anime.   Slender Blog as an anime. EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 12:44 pm

Man I love that fan made opening. The girl who dubbed the High School of the Dead opening has such an awesome voice.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: Slender Blog as an anime.   Slender Blog as an anime. EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 2:12 pm

ExorcistGamer wrote:

J-Pop. J-Pop everywhere. Suspect

For making a Slender Man anime, I think the best route wouldn't be to adapt a blog at all. Most blogs are written to take advantage of the textual medium, not a visual one (a good example of such is Dreams in Darkness, which relies on the story being told through Damien's blog.) There are some blogs you could adapt while still keeping the essence of the story (maybe something like a detective noir Seeking Truth anime,) but I think it would work best if any hypothetical Slenderanime was an original story.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
Alaune
Untainted
Alaune

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Slender Blog as an anime.   Slender Blog as an anime. EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:29 pm

TheHiveMinded wrote:
kingxana0 wrote:

TribeTwelve, probably.

Opening Credits:

/watch?v=6vhxvARyuIQ

Oh god I played that game for hours way back when.

Nostalgia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slender Blog as an anime.   Slender Blog as an anime. Empty

Back to top Go down

Slender Blog as an anime.
Page 1 of 1