Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Need a little help from proxy bloggers

Go down 
+3
ExorcistGamer
DaLadybugMan
kingxana0
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kingxana0
Observer
kingxana0

Current Win Points : 27

Need a little help from proxy bloggers Empty
PostSubject: Need a little help from proxy bloggers   Need a little help from proxy bloggers EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:16 pm

Basically my character is going to be meeting Redlight for what amounts to a performance review. To see if I should be completely hollowed and turned into a mindless drone or allowed to keep some bit of my humanity and allow me to keep doing what I do. Post here or send me a PM if you don't mind joining in on it.

http://mymasterswill.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help from proxy bloggers   Need a little help from proxy bloggers EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:26 pm

Please stop trying to demand other people shoehorn themselves into your work.

Write your own damn story. It's your own fucking choice.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

Current Win Points : 143

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help from proxy bloggers   Need a little help from proxy bloggers EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:29 pm

I haven't really kept up much with the blogging world lately but....I don't think Redlight is open source. Again though, haven't kept up to date on the blogs lately.

That and I'm not sure on the rules with using him in The Slender Mythos, you'd probably have to talk to the Return to Slender people who if I recall were the ones to create the new one.

also something called Project Destiny being mentioned in association with Core Theory sounds familiar.

Very. Familiar.

Could just be a coincidental choice (Destiny is a popular word choice after all) and there are some differences, but damn does it raise one eyebrow in a "wait, what" confused way.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help from proxy bloggers   Need a little help from proxy bloggers EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:40 pm

Also why do you even need to use Redlight in the first place? He's not even that cool of a villain. At least not now that he's been overdone to death and has been made OMG MAGIC AND SPESHUL so many times. He's just iconic, and iconic doesn't necessarily mean good.

Though Redlight is, in fact, open source. He was pretty much the first character to become so. And by this point there are so many bullshit ways for him to be back from the dead that he's totally usable without permission.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
kingxana0
Observer
kingxana0

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help from proxy bloggers   Need a little help from proxy bloggers EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:44 pm

I plan to use him because if I can't get any guest appearances he is, as you said, an open source character. I could make someone else but honestly I like Redlight.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help from proxy bloggers   Need a little help from proxy bloggers EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Are you talking about original Redlight or Redlight v2/Spencerlight? Cause the first one's dead, and I'm not sure if the second one's open source or not.

And I'm not sure what kind of help you need. You seem to have the story in mind (a performance review for your character,) and I don't get what the need for a crossover in that would be.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
kingxana0
Observer
kingxana0

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help from proxy bloggers   Need a little help from proxy bloggers EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 2:57 pm

I always believed that Redlight was just a title for Slender Man's right hand proxie and even if one died he would just shape a new one to serve him. That's my thing through so I could be wrong but that is what I am going with.

The reason for the crossover is basicly because one day I was looking through some of the proxie blogs and I was thinking, "So these guys work for Slender Man as proxies but keep their minds, who decides who gets to keep their mind and who gets to be hollowed out"

And then it hit me, other high ranking proxies. Every so often a group of four or five proxies would get together and bring another person before them. They would go over their files and decide if this person should continue as a higher ranking proxie who keeps some free will, or becomes hollowed out and loses who they are in favor of being a mindless puppet.
Back to top Go down
littleWhiteRABBIT
Untainted
littleWhiteRABBIT

Current Win Points : 15

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help from proxy bloggers   Need a little help from proxy bloggers EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:40 pm

The timing of this just blows my mind... XD So I feel obligated to throw in my two cents.

"Canon Slendy" has never had a "right hand man." Redlight was supposed high on the food chain, but never quite THAT big a deal. Plus, Red's dead baby. Red's dead.

And Newlight you'd really need permission for.

But! You've got a new and/or original-ish idea in mind, so I wouldn't discourage you from running with that. You should totally do your own thing and not worry about all this established character/canon nonsense. You don't need Redlight, just make your own villain. Hell, make your own "right hand man" for Slendy. I'm sure it will be glorious. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help from proxy bloggers   Need a little help from proxy bloggers EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Darn it, ninja'd by a rabbit.

I'm still not entirely sure why you need a crossover for this. Most proxy blogs aren't written by high ranking proxies, so they can't help you there. And even if they were, I can't see anything a crossover could do with this that you couldn't do yourself. Make up some high ranking proxies for your blog and have them pass the decision.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
casket
Untainted
casket

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help from proxy bloggers   Need a little help from proxy bloggers EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:00 pm

I'm not much for giving good advice, but I agree with all of the above statements. You really don't need to crossover this, when you can simply (or perhaps its more of a challenge) create your own hierarchy of proxies for your plot line. And also, a bit sidetracked, just a little bit of advice, perhaps you could try just a little bit harder to make your posts not sound like Anonymous. But maybe I'm just being picky.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
alliterator
Observer
alliterator

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help from proxy bloggers   Need a little help from proxy bloggers EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Heck, for Branch & Cabal, I make up proxy names all the dang time. It's fun.

Also: I don't even think Redlight is that high up the foodchain anymore. Isn't he considered to be a sort of rebel now? The Highers don't like him and such?

You know what? You should totally use Whitelight. He's open source. He can totally give your proxy character a "review."
Back to top Go down
kingxana0
Observer
kingxana0

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help from proxy bloggers   Need a little help from proxy bloggers EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:41 pm

casket wrote:
I'm not much for giving good advice, but I agree with all of the above statements. You really don't need to crossover this, when you can simply (or perhaps its more of a challenge) create your own hierarchy of proxies for your plot line. And also, a bit sidetracked, just a little bit of advice, perhaps you could try just a little bit harder to make your posts not sound like Anonymous. But maybe I'm just being picky.
Spoiler:

Yeah I wasn't really thinking Anon when I did that but I see where you are coming from on that. The expect us thing was supposed to sound kind of mysterious like a challenge to my person and all proxies out there.

Also I am kind of behind on Redlight, last I heard one of the sage's offed him then he came back just in a different body. Sometimes this stuff is hard to keep up on Embarassed.

Once again I would like to thank everyone for their time and effort posting here, and I am never not up for suggestions on helping me achieve a better blog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a little help from proxy bloggers   Need a little help from proxy bloggers Empty

Back to top Go down

Need a little help from proxy bloggers
Page 1 of 1